India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Nicknames to your spouse :)

Polki_Zofi Senior Member
Polki_Zofi
Polki_Zofi

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 7:03am | IP Logged
Hej! I am Zofia and I posted some msgs here already, incase anyone remember LOL, not so regular Embarrassed. So why don't they show in this serial about the man giving some nickname to his wife Archana? Ouch, it looks cute Star

It is uncommon with Indians? I dont know much but it is common in Poland to giving nicknames Embarrassed. There are two kind of nicknames: 1. Everytime, 2. Secret Bedtime ones Embarrassed.

But seem like in this show no such thing occur. Both seem immune SleepyConfused. I smiled that day and wanted to ask my Indian family here, but couldn't ofcourse, or they could think "eerrgg, white women!" LOLBig smile

But seriously, is it not romantic? Where is romance between Manas and Archana? They smile and are so formal! Not yet one kiss WinkLOLSmile afterall they are married! how she lets it be? Tak she is ill, but she was ok too! Even if you bring problems, they never seemed to give such things priority, strange to me Ouch

You girls who have spouses got nicknames? WinkSmile, if not, how about thinking of it, in Poland all have! Nothing wrong, it names things more interesting. I've got 4 = 3 bedtime, 1 normal day!

Archana is Archu to her parents, why not something else to her husband? Something new Smile. My husband is Indian but he knows it well about nicknames, and I got "Zofi" from him, my parent call me Zosia (actual name is Zofia). Bedtime names are "guriya, chand, shonu" SmileBig smileWink, it can make things look sweet in life. I call him "Misiu (teddy bear ROFL).

But I dont know, if its un-Indian absolutely, or is this couple out of gas themselves!

I love little tickling tales with the family here LOLBig smile, slowly getting attached. Dont like that fat man who is showing infedility these days though Ouch

I always read here, do drop ur view and your nicknames if any, or if not - you like the idea? Cultural exchange is not so bad Smile

Edited by Polki_Zofi - 27 December 2010 at 7:07am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rouble_loverriniiiinikitagmc

sur_aur_taal Senior Member
sur_aur_taal
sur_aur_taal

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 7:41am | IP Logged
most older generation women in India don't even call their husbands by name. If you look at Sulochana, she has never said "Manhoar" out loud. It is always "Ah-oh" or "Archu's baba" or something like that. So you see, nicknames are out of the question.

I may be wrong but the younger generation seems to call their husbands by their names and possibly nicknames too but it is a new idea.
nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 7:56am | IP Logged
I have seen a few of my older friends calling their wives by nicknames when they think no one's watching... LOL I think its very cute.

In fact, I would like it very much if Manav calls Archana 'Janu' or something equally cute.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

riniiii

Polki_Zofi Senior Member
Polki_Zofi
Polki_Zofi

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 8:38am | IP Logged
heh it sounds beautiful really when your man gives you nicknames, a sign of love Heart . In my culture without it life would be depressing :), my sister back in Poland asked first thing about my nickname ROFL, so you see Embarrassed

Old people have different things (rolls eyes, my mother in law is around Embarrassed).

My sister in law told once how they dont even call "you" to their spouse sometimes, it is another very specifically Indian word "AAPP" Ermm, how formal Broken Heart.

You like it? I know I would die ROFL ...

Nikitagmc - Indian? I know most are but your name is Slavic
Embarrassed
nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
@nikitagmc- Yeah, I'm an Indian. I live in the same city they show in PR- Mumbai.

Yeah, my name has Russian roots, it seems. Its quite a popular name here, dont know how and why. I don't have a spouse, I'm in college, but I do have a nickname- Niki. Here on the forum I'm called Doc.

I think a husband calling a wife by nickname is sooooooo cute!!! But not cos it is custom, I would like it more if it is something decided affectionately, something in the moment.
nycsweetie IF-Sizzlerz
nycsweetie
nycsweetie

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
i think it depends on the couple...most wifes of the older generation dont even say their husband's name so nicknames are out of the question...but i think with the newer generation, it depends on the couple
zaara10 Senior Member
zaara10
zaara10

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 12:49am | IP Logged
your post made me smile, it'so cute! I just think it depends on the couple. My hubby and i r a "young couple", early 30s, and hav som cute and funny nicknames for ea other, but my in-laws who r in their 60s hav nicknames 4 ea other too! Nicknames that shorten the name, e.g. Archu, vaishu r more acceptable to use in public, but ones like jaanu r private ones. It would be cute to hear arman use a loving nickname toward one another.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nikitagmc

Polki_Zofi Senior Member
Polki_Zofi
Polki_Zofi

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Thank you for such nice words Smile. I think Archana is so beautiful really, she is also such a sweet heart. But it is such a shame she suffer so much, maybe for the sake of entertainment to people LOLBig smile, but still, feels bad. Atleast Manav could start building up on himself.

About nickname seems so far off unfortunately. Its just curious thing why they are so formal to me. I know and respect Indian culture and its depth, but I am so happy some of you youth already are changing SmileEmbarrassed. It is nothing bad.

And yes, in public there are other nicknames, but special from your man makes you smiling whole day. For me "Zofi" is something he gave. Public Big smile ... "guriya, shonu, chand" where nicknames at bedtimes, very usual in Polish culture, without it there is emptiness then Sleepy. None of these names meanings I knew, neither asked, only later found out myself. It adds to an element of suspense, a mystery to be solved in a relationship, which is such a blessing and sweet surprises Smile.

You all must try it EmbarrassedSmile.

I love Manavs dedication to Archana, but I get disappointed when I heard how they seperated before, the reason to me was lame. For her he must be with her at any cost, other people's matter is not her problem in life? Maybe I may sound harsh but am I not normal? Or am I just too European? I dont know, but I cannot think why they must bear everyones bitter problems on themselves?

Where is love till now? How can she not want him all over her? Smile I dont know but yes, it is something I like to see these days LOL

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index