NISHIN thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Sushant to depict Mahabharat from Karan's perspective..

Monday, December 27, 2010 | 1:01:34 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    20 Comments
Sushant to depict Mahabharat from Karan's perspective..

Sushant Singh Rajput's performance this week in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa has been inspired from the play 'Mrityunjay' in which he had acted earlier..

Sushant Singh Rajput has already managed to gather praises from the jury panel of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa for his penchant for dancing. But not all know that the actor brainstorms a lot on the concept for his performance every week. 

While the concept of his last week's performance in the Sony show was derived from his short film 'Ignored Desibles', he has taken a scene out of the play 'Mrityunjay' directed by his close friend Kulwinder Bakshish for this week's performance on the dance form 'Chau'. 

Talking about this, Sushant tells TellyBuzz, "Earlier, I had played the role of Arjun in the play 'Mrityunjay', but in Jhalak I play Karan and will depict Mahabharat from Karan's perspective. Mrityunjay was a one and half hour play which won lot many honours, including the National Award for Youngest Director. When we got the dance form of Chau, this idea struck me to use this play as our concept". 

Sushant and his choreographer Shampa invited the Professional Chau Expert Tushar from Delhi to help them with their movements and gestures. "We were given the option to take outside help, and we took the opportunity of learning the Chau form from Tushar who is an expert in this. We explained the concept and play to him, and he taught us everything".

Sushant performed on the number from the movie Gulaal, 'Aarambh Hai Prachand'. 

Talking about the appreciation got, Sushant said, "The act came out very well, and we got praised for the same. The judges gave us a perfect score yet again, and our hard work got rewarded". 

To top it all, Sushant Singh Rajput is already on Cloud Nine after bagging the Best Entertainer Award – Male in the Big Star Entertainment Awards that will be aired on Star Plus on the 31st December night. 

Kudos to Sushant and his hard work…

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-SnowKid- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
thnx for sharing😃...................
-salma- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks for the article 
-Jyo- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Thanx for sharing he got one more award, he deserves it, i hope he wins jalak.............
iheartChai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Can't wait to watch the performance!  Way to go Sushant! 😃