India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

MANY PROBLEMS OF GEET-HSP

ankita10 Senior Member
ankita10
ankita10

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 10:20am | IP Logged

We all have tendency to evaluate and reflect as the year ends. So here is my reflection on my favourite show which has somehow lost its way for quite sometime now.

NO MOVEMENT IN STORY

Tell me honestly how much the story has moved since the Dev revealation track. Geet was about to say YES to marriage which was prevented by a forced misunderstanding based on listening parts of Maan -Dadi convo and misinterpreting it. Since then we have seen separation, reconciliation, NT's murder attempt on Geet etc etc. But has the story moved at all? M&G are still about to marry, NT & Dev are still out of jail. In place of NT, Arjun is there to harm Maa & Geet but neither of them hasn't done anything substantial to move forward the story as of yet.Its like story has been put on hold and often whole episode moves without any  progession in story. Now I am waiting for Mannet Marriage just so that story moves forward.

BELOW PAR CAMERA WORK,LIGHTING AND EDITING

This has been a very big disppointment for me for quite sometime now, more so because these aspects made Geet- HSP stand out from others. I still remember the camerawork and play of light and shadow  during Teri Deewani or Kehna hi Kya. It just elevated the whole sequence to another level and made them almost ethereal. But sadly camera work and lighting have gone from outstanding to average to below par. So much so that sometimes all the efforts of actors and director is dampenad due to these. I can count numerous scenes that have been ruined for me due to shoddy camera work and lighting.

Editing was at its worst a few weeks back. Thankfully it has recovered a bit but still there is a lot of scope for improvement.

POOR SCREENPLAY

Quality of screenplay has been detoriating consistently. The flow between episodes and transition of scenes between same episode is not good. Episodes often seem like a collage of scenes with little connection between them. Scenes start and end abruptly which reduces their impact. Also earlier GEET had an element of intrigue and anticipation of what's next. It has been missing for a long time now.

UNEXPLORED THEMES

Geet - HSP had sucha strong plot to start with that there was no need to drag it unnecessarily even for a single episode. Geet's family, Maan's parents,his conctn with Hoshiarpur, Vicky , Sameera , justice for Geet, all are lying unexplored. Instead we see entry of random characters with no back story. Maaneet is the golden goose for CVs and they want to exploit it to maximum, but few good scenes between Maneet (or for any couple for that matter) without any story progression or freshness  would not help their cause. Sooner or later viewers would start losing interest and find scenes illogical,baseless and repetitive.

STYLING OF MAAN SINGH KHURANA

GEET - HSP has been lucky enough to find a talented and good looking male lead. However off late it seems everyone is hell bent on making him look as unpresentable as possible. Be it his too tight and never changing wardrobe or pasting his face with foundation and kaajal like he was the female lead. Dont even get me started on what they have done with his hair off late.

P.S. - I have not created this post to bash Geet. I have been watching Geet from Epi 1 and care for it a lot. Its detoriating quality bothers me and hence this post.

Feel free to commnent and share your views.Smile

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

chotirainbahuveens_11sheena27rania786kaavyashreesanam912chipanjalireddyy84bhabhahuny.thebestAnvi2009ISHQSalmanSepippalily_k25Dillikudi-pixie-mgdg_2010SofnaMishtyShonaAmoureuxswetha10shalisuj01AnjanaYYZ

khushi4eva Senior Member
khushi4eva
khushi4eva

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 11:12am | IP Logged
I totally agree with you. I watch the old episodes and you can see the drastic difference in picturization and consistency in the scenes. I am a die hard Geet fan so it's hard for me NOT to wait eagerly for daily episodes but now I dont get the satisfaction after watching the show like I used to in the beginning. Remember the episodes when geet moves in the outhouse when Daadi hires her. Those were the days. Story moves constantly to some place. There was a point behind those nokjoks. But now its just stupid eyelock sessions, and ILU scenes pehle tum na pehle aap. I love and adore manneet but come on variety is spice of life. We need some spice back in the storyline. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully after marriage something will change ;-)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kaavyashreeankita10bhabha

jyotic_74 Senior Member
jyotic_74
jyotic_74

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 11:49am | IP Logged
1000% Agreee... with you

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ankita10

anky_1205 Goldie
anky_1205
anky_1205

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 8:19pm | IP Logged
I am a big Fan of Geet too. This is the only show I really follow because to me it was different and had a strong story line. I was also watching the old episodes lately, and Yes the quality has gone down. Something is missing from the episodes these days. Even Maan's character was so strong and powerful before, and that spark is missing now.
I just hope that things change after marriege.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ankita10princess.rocks

princess.rocks IF-Dazzler
princess.rocks
princess.rocks

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 8:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anky_1205

I am a big Fan of Geet too. This is the only show I really follow because to me it was different and had a strong story line. I was also watching the old episodes lately, and Yes the quality has gone down. Something is missing from the episodes these days. Even Maan's character was so strong and powerful before, and that spark is missing now.
I just hope that things change after marriege.
it's just because that was angry young maan 
and this maan is 
a sweet lovely maan 

who geet has changed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ankita10

princess.rocks IF-Dazzler
princess.rocks
princess.rocks

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
maybe serial has many  problem but we still like it?
even i ask this question 100's of time to myself but still i hav no answer

this serial is unique

Edited by princess_aakshu - 26 December 2010 at 9:05pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ankita10Amoureux

ankita10 Senior Member
ankita10
ankita10

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 12:33am | IP Logged
@Khushi4eva: Agree with your every point. Earlier nok jhoks had a reason. Now they are just buying time. I wait for episodes but they leave me more and more disappointed. ILU saga has started yet again. I am also hoping that things would move forward after marriage.
ankita10 Senior Member
ankita10
ankita10

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 12:42am | IP Logged
@anky _1205: Yes character of Maan and even Geet is not the same anymore. Characters are bound to suffer when story goes rounnd and round in circle without any head or tail.

Go to top