Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GulaabiAakhein. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
@ aini: Thanks alot! (But plz dont write in such big font! Its a request!)
loved all ur 3 OS's!

all r awesomeeee!!

mind blowing
muuah!

@ thejazzgals-- Whats ur name?

Thank you very much! im so glad u liked all of them!
-desiresoul- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
aweosmeeeee os loved it likes the title it was superb loved the name saamish do write more

Hey Guys! Here's Another OS! It is quite different. But I have taken the idea from one of the Short stories I read called *The Post Master* But this is a totally different relation.. Arushi [Sajan_RaDevBest] told me about this book and I loved the stories in that! I think everyone should check it out! Its called,

"The Treasure Trove of Short Stories!" Its an AWESOME book! Anyway Hope you enjoy the OS! Thanks you!

*A New Bond*

For His First job Samrat came to the small town of Morena. It was a humble town, not many people lived there. He stayed in a two-storey building. His flat was on the first floor and was very small.. He had a small kitchen, a tiny living room and a single bed bedroom. Samrat felt like a fish out of water here. He was brought up in Mumbai. His family was middle class and now samrat was the breadwinner for his family. He worked for the municipal corporations and was recently transferred to take care of the Morena branch which was apparently a mess! His dad was a lecturer at a college and now was retired and stayed home.. he had an elder sister who loved him dearly and a loving mother.

He was a Mumbai Boy so he found it extremely tough to stay in a small town like Morena where the main roads were as big as the small lanes in Mumbai! Here you couldn't find taxi's you had to travel in rickshaws! He was well educated and here the people weren't as educated. He kept a distance from all the inhabitants of Morena as he found them inferior or lets say queer and stayed alone all the time.. His loneliness made him miss his family terribly! Especially his MOM! He didn't even have to work all day.. his duty got over at 1 o'clock in the afternoon and after that he stayed home doing nothing at all...

He wished that a genie came out from the Arab tales and cut down all the leafy rows of trees overnight and made tall buildings and a road, then also this half dead man would come alive! He was completely bored in this town.. His salary wasn't too much to buy him a better home either! He was terribly missing home and could run away any second! Only on weekends, Gunjan, his neighbour came to spend sometime with him.. Gunjan was an orphan and had no one in this world. She stayed alone and was a hostel teacher so Thats why could only come home on weekends.. It was when gunjan came Samrat's life was a little better. He had someone whom he could share his loneliness with rather than staying alone.. Samrat always took gunjan for granted..

The first time they met was 3 weeks ago—                     

Samrat was in his flat downing nothing and staring at the small TV which stopped every now and then.. suddenly the doorbell rang.. he got up hurriedly as he was expecting a letter from his house.. He went and opened the door. He was rather sad to see a young girl standing at the door..

"Namaste.. Ji.. aap yaha naye hai?"

Samrat found her very weird at first..

"Ji? Oh haan.. main teen mahine pehle hi aaya.."

"Bohot khushi hui aapse milkar!" she answered with a tone of happiness.

Samrat stood in silence.. he had nothing to say he just observed the young girl.. she wore a yellow half sleeves salwar.. her eyes were black and she looked at him with a smile on her face.. she wore a pair of glasses which suited her.. and she was very fair and seemed educated.

"Umm.. woh actually mujhe daal chahiye thi.. Main sirf weekends par ghar aati hun.. Aaj aate waqt late ho gaya.. toh uss wajah se main daal nahi khareed payi.." she said looking worried.. samrat looked at her.. 'couldn't she eat anything else?' samrat thought . As he was well mannered he invited her inside and offered her tea before giving her what she wanted.. She looked very tired and had agreed for tea..

Samrat had made tea while she had stood by him and enquired about his family.. samrat told him that he had an elder sister a father and a mother.. and also that he missed his family alot.. He asked Gunjan about her family and on that question she looked down..

"Main anath hoon.. I dont have family.." she said sadly..

Samrat looked at her.. at the moment he was in the same condition.. gunjan went on to tell her how much she remembered about her parents.. some incidences were so vividly fixed in her mind that she could even tell him the details and some were vague..

She told him abt her mother and that she had a younger brother and they used to play by the river and she remembered that every night her father used to get her a chocolate!

They chatted for a long time and then gunjan returned to her house.. Every weekend samrat would call gunjan and then they would have tea together and used to chat for long hours.. And sometimes gunjan even cooked for samrat.. Samrat in turn took care of gunjan and dropped her off at the school every Monday!

The weekend was back.. It was monsoon and it rained non-stop.. Gunjan was back from the hostel and was waiting eagerly for samrat to call her.. She waited for a long time. Usually he would have called by now. But not receiving his call she went to check on him.. She entered his flat.. the door was left ajar! Samrat was lying down on his bed. Gunjan thought he must be asleep so she tip-toed out of the room but before she left she heard him call her.. she came and stood by his side..

"I though you were asleep" She said in a soft voice.

"Im not feeling well.. Morena has finally succeeded in making me ill.." he tried to laugh.. he was missing his mother the most.. her soft hands on his head.. his elder sister calling the doctor and spending all her time with him..  He was missing them..

But gunjan was there. She was very worried about samrat and so she quickly called the doctor and gave her the medicines at the right time.. she always took care of him and asked every few minutes if he felt better.. she had never felt needed before as she was an orphan but now with samrat there.. she got the joy, the happiness, the feeling of having someone waiting for you at home.. She felt needed.. Gunjan took care of samrat like a mother and cooked for him. She was very efficient at this.. Samrat had a speedy recovery as gunjan sat by hid bedside all night seeing if he was alright or if he needed something...

"Enough Is Enough !" Samrat said aloud on Wednesday.. He was totally done with this town..

"This town is utter shit!" he told his mom on the phone.

"Here , the people is office are so clumsy and un educated..! I can not stay with these people at all!"

His mother who listened to him calmly advised his to apply for a transfer saying he couldn't manage in Morena..

The application was sent that very day.. Samrat sat by the window everyday waiting for his reply..

The Weekend was back!.

Gunjan came in on her own this time to see how samrat was.

She saw him packing his suitcase.. she looked confused and asked..

"Are you going anywhere Samrat?"

"Im going home, tomorrow!"

"When shall you come back?"

"Im not coming back gunjan.. i have had enough of Morena.."

Gunjan froze on spot.. She didn't react.. she couldn't believe that samrat was going.. after years she had found happiness and now.. She was going to be alone again! She was heart broken thinking about her life without samrat..

She didn't question him any further and was going back when samrat said on his own..

"I had applied for a transfer last Wednesday but as it got rejected I am resigning.."

Gunjan went to him..

"Could you take me with you...?" She said in a soft voice..

Samrat laughed at this question.. "why would I do that?"

Gunjan quietly walked back to her flat.. All night she kept thinking about samrat.. his laughter rang in her ears and disturbed her.. and those words.. "Why would I do That?" But the laughter.. his laugh.. it hurt the most.. She was in LOVE with him ... unknowingly she loved him.. This was because she had never had a family.. and for the first time in life someone had cared for her. Someone was her friend. Like a family. But no.. he was also going..Life had never supported gunjan..she thought maybe God didn't want her to get a family..

The next day at 7 there was a knock at her door!

She opened to see samrat standing .. she couldn't look into his eyes. She just stared blankly at the ground..

"gunjan. I am going. Just came to say bye! And yes thank you for everything!"

"Your welcome S..sir.."

"Sir? Dont be kidding! And yes, I have asked the new officer to take care of you! You have been very dear to me.."

'Then why cant you take me WITH you..!' she thought.. but she couldn't speak.. she was scared she would start crying in front of him!

"Thank You. But No one need care for me!" She said.. almost as if she was in tears..

Samrat was taken aback.. she had never behaved like this..

But he didn't say anything.. he picked up his luggage and went out!

Gunjan cried alot. Who needed an orphan in their life! She thought. She was just a useless person whom people could use and throw! She didn't know what to do.. Every morning she looked at the flat in which samrat lived.. hoping he would come back for her! That hope helped her to stay there.. she didn't break down..

Where as samrat.. he was gone.. Though his mind thought of going back and taking gunjan.. but he thought it was too late. Maybe she wasn't even there anymore.

*We Cling with both arms to false hope, refusing to believe the weightiest proofs against it, embracing it with all our strength. In the end it escapes, ripping our veins and draining our hearts blood; until, regaining consciousness, we rush to fall into snares of delusion all over again........* -- Rabindranath Tagore.

Please rate and Comment!

Love,

Manjari

XDevilsDesireX thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Another amazingggg OS Mani 👏 👏 👏The emtions were well described and it was another heart touching OS 😳I wish he would have never taken her for granted 😔and realise her real Imp in his life 😳But beautifully written and the ending scene with that lovely quote was fantastic 👍🏼Edited by -BlueFairy- - 13 years ago
XSilentWishesX thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I knew this was coming! 😳 U made me cry!
Argh yaar i was crying the whole time moreover when i know that wat is going to happen!Awesome OS. You wrote it so well! The feelings were perfectly shown and you did a wonderful work! I wish sajan were united well anyways I guess they were destined to be seperate  in this OS😆 The lines of RT did touch me😳 If u can write a sequel for this OS plz 😳
keep writing more OS! 🤗
Edited by nishi_sajan - 13 years ago
karantakiar thumbnail
heyyy dear must sayyy ddd os ws vrryyy vryyy niceeee.
it ws vryyyyy different dear,really like d osssss swtyyyyyyyyyyyy😊

plzzzzzzzzz do rite more ossssssssss dear

luv uuu
vritika
BabajiKaThullu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
omg u made me cry..................
superbbbbbbbbbbbb...................
sreelu.januable thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
hi manjari😃...........this a very cute,awesome nd different os👏................it brought tears in my eyes😭..................update it soon yar😔.............cant wait anymore.😍.........luv u dear❤️............🤗