Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Pinkvilla.com Exclusive Sonam Interview

poojasl271 Senior Member
poojasl271
poojasl271

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 8:42am | IP Logged
Here is Sonam's interview with Pinkvilla.com

Fun, honest and spunky she is all that and more. She is every designer's dream. Quite contrary to what one would think of a star, she is warm and approachable. 2010 has been a big year for her. She has delivered a hit with I Hate Luv Storys. Mausam and Thank you being her upcoming movies, she is here to stay.

Pinkvilla.com got an exclusive interview with Sonam Kapoor where she talked on the Koffee with Karan controversy, on opening her own clothing line and her upcoming movies. Read on.

Pinkvilla.com: Saawariya, Delhi 6, IHLS, and Aisha - Do you think you are getting stereotyped as the girl next door?
Sonam Kapoor: Lol, they all are very different characters I've had the privilege of playing. Just because I didn't wear hot shorts and a bikini top I wouldn't call them "girl next door roles". But if it means I'm going to get more roles like the ones I've played then I'm very happy with the image.

Pinkvilla.com: Could you provide more details on the character you portray in Mausam?
Sonam Kapoor: It's too early to speak about the role right now, but it's been an incredible journey as an actor for me.

Pinkvilla.com : How was your experience working in Anees Bazmi's Thank You?
Sonam Kapoor: The most fun set I've been on. I love the entire cast and crew.

Pinkvilla.com: Do you rehearse your scenes before you go on the sets?
Sonam Kapoor: I rehearse and do a lot of homework, and because of that people have started confusing me as the character, after Saawariya they thought i was very Indian, after Delhi six they thought of me as a serious actor, after ihls as a commercial heroine and after Aisha a spoilt brat.

Pinkvilla.com: Apart from Mausam and Thank you, any other movies you have signed?
Sonam Kapoor: I have also started 'Players' opposite Abhishek Bachchan directed by Abbas Mastan.

Pinkvilla.com: Do you aspire to be the number one actress in Bollywood?
Sonam Kapoor: I aspire to be an actor above all. I don't believe in the number game.

Pinkvilla.com: A top Bollywood actress made a statement that there is no 'act' in actress today. What do you have to say to that?
Sonam Kapoor: I think Kareena, Priyanka, Deepika and Katrina are all extremely talented in their own way and they act very well in their respective genres.

Pinkvilla.com : Is Hollywood on your agenda?
Sonam Kapoor: The world is on my agenda

Pinkvilla.com: One movie of recent times you wished you were a part of?
Sonam Kapoor: Three Idiots, though I don't think anyone besides Bebo could have done that role

Pinkvilla.com: One star you are dying to get paired with?
Sonam Kapoor: Hrithik Roshan and Shah Rukh Khan.

Pinkvilla.com: Would you be fine donning a 2 piece suit if the role demanded it?
Sonam Kapoor: No I won't ever wear a bikini.

Pinkvilla.com : A lot of controversies arose after your Koffee with Karan show aired. Do you have any regrets regarding your statements on Ranbir Kapoor?
Sonam Kapoor: Nope, I didn't say anything in bad taste. I said exactly the same thing he said and even took up for him saying he is well brought up.

Pinkvilla.com : Did you get a chance to speak to Ranbir or his family after the KWK show aired?
Sonam Kapoor: I haven't spoken to him in a year

Pinkvilla.com : Is it true that you were thrown out of the Ranbir Kapoor world tour 2011? Any comments you would like to make to clear this up?
Sonam Kapoor: I was asked to participate way before the whole so called controversy and I refused to be a part of it since I didn't have dates.

Pinkvilla.com : Are you good friends with Deepika now? Are you open to doing a movie with her?
Sonam Kapoor: I'm not friends with her, I'm cordial and get along when I meet her and I am open to doing a movie with her.

Pinkvilla.com : The Bollywood celeb you are closest to [apart from your sis and dad
Sonam Kapoor: I'm friends with all the people I've worked with. I'm especially close to Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Rakesh Mehra. My best friends are not from the industry

Pinkvilla.com : Would you ever consider opening your own clothing line?
Sonam Kapoor: Yes I would love too

Pinkvilla.com: Who plans your look for the events? Is it your stylist who puts together the look?
Sonam Kapoor: Not really, I work with different stylists but I usually wear what I feel looks nice and my sister helps

Pinkvilla.com: A fashion blunder that most Bollywood celebs commit?
Sonam Kapoor: Not matching their body tone to their face colour, it looks very bad

Pinkvilla.com: Who do you think is the best dressed Bollywood celeb from your generation [Male and Female?]
Sonam Kapoor: Deepika Padukone and Kangana Ranaut
Imran Khan and Abhishek Bachchan

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Felsbar20preetysadiaYasmeen786Onyx.-Adhoore-ffkhan.shona.RagMastaTerenainaZareena

lhcj21 Goldie
lhcj21
lhcj21

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
I like her answers in this one.  She doesn't sound like a spoiled brat or sound immature.  Though I am confused about the one where she said she refuses to wear a bikini.  I thought in a previous interview a long time ago, she said she wouldn't mind wearing a bikini because she wears swimsuits in real life.  Plus she wore a bikini top for a photoshoot before.  

Edited by lhcj21 - 26 December 2010 at 1:34pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Zareena

desigrl05 IF-Sizzlerz
desigrl05
desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
abhishek best dressed? from what angle?

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

miley cyrusOnyx.-Doppelganger-ffkhanKatalicious-SMay31-Dexterkichokri.shona.

Yasmeen786 IF-Dazzler
Yasmeen786
Yasmeen786

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
One statement made by every actress: "we're not friends but we are very cordial"- why do these stars always keep the audience in a tizz.....just recirocate blatantly and frankly...if you're not friends, you're not...why go around clarifying it...."we're not friends but we love each other etc????"....just reply in one word: yes or no....the media will pit you against one another anyway irrespective of what answers you give....thats the fraternities so-called cliched perception?????........

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mehr-kruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
I liked her interview
Onyx. IF-Dazzler
Onyx.
Onyx.

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 2:09am | IP Logged
tanx for sharing
Enycedoll IF-Rockerz
Enycedoll
Enycedoll

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
abhishek?? really? i seriously now doubt her fashion sense. the guy has disaster written all over his clothes. i reckon he does an innie meenie mini mo in the morning when getting dressed.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mehr-kZareena

RagMasta IF-Sizzlerz
RagMasta
RagMasta

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
Loved the interview, thanks for sharing..

Well it would be interesting to see her in 3 idiots haha..

I liked the way she separated her 4 roles, into different characteristics..

Interesting to know that she is not friends with Deepika, and didnt talk to Ranbir for over a year..

Go to top