desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Saifu's new interview

'I love romance, but...'

Actor Saif Ali Khan is hungering for more. Here he clears the air on marriage rumours and film controversies

Aakanksha Naval-Shetye

Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan can hardly wait for the New Year to begin. For starters, he'll be ringing it in with his girlfriend Kareena Kapoor, nestled in a ski resort in Gstaad in Switzerland — the couple's favourite getaway — before he plunges head-on into work again. And after a quiet 2010, the coming year promises to see more of the actor, with films like Agent Vinod, Aarakshan, and his yet untitled film opposite Deepika Padukone.
Saif points out that while he was missing in action on the big screen, he was maha-busy with his much-ambitious project Agent Vinod that also stars Kareena. The high octane thriller also sees the actor return to the hard-core action genre, and Saif admits, that "it's turning out to be a challenging film, in terms of the physical demands, but it's been fun too."
But wasn't he wary of ditching the romcom genre, considering it's really worked for him? "But so did an Omkara and a Being Cyrus that were a far cry from the romantic fare. I think they really worked for me too." Explaining further, he adds, "I love romance, but I am an action buff too. And as an actor I'm very greedy! In fact, as a producer too, I hope to churn out unpredictable stuff, films that can shock, entertain and push the limit, but within commercial parameters. After all commercial success is important if I want to keep making films that we believe in."
Saif also puts to rest all speculation about him doing a film with Vishal Bhardwaj that apparently the film-maker is now making with Shah Rukh Khan. "Vishal and I are still working out a project when we can come together again. So, that's still on," he confirms.
Talk about the other speculation surrounding him and Kareena and he waves it all off too. Setting the record straight, he says, "Kareena and I do want to get married someday, but there are no such plans as of now. We'll be ready to marry the day Bebo says she wants to and we won't hide it either," he smiles.
[email protected]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaSqUeRaDe thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

He should deffo do more romantic roles..LOVEEEEEEEED him in Hum Tum..I have watched it over 100 times lol.He was stupendous in Parineeta.

PLSSS do 1 movie with PZ again !!