Kitani Mohabbat Hai - 2
Kitani Mohabbat Hai - 2

TRPs vs Chaskameters?

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
Hi

I used to follow the old serial somewhat, but haven't had a chance to follow the sequel, but may catch up w/ it some time.

I do have a question.  Whenever I check out the rankings of the various serials, I've noticed that in case of KMH, particularly 2, there is a huge discrepancy b/w the public rankings as per the TRPs, vs the rankings on this forum, as reflected in the Chaskameter.  Like this week, it seems to be #11 in the I-F Chaska ratings, but when it comes to TRPs, it's somewhere in the 80s.

I know that there can  be a huge variation b/w the I-F population & the general population @ large, but usually, that only results in variations in popularity, but not in the very preference of the  shows.  In this case, however, the more popular shows on TV rank pretty low here, while the ones that  rank  high here flounder in the TRP ratings.

Any insights  about this, particularly w/ KMH2, but also about other (particularly Imagine) shows?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

secretkeeper

Arjuhi_fan Senior Member
Arjuhi_fan
Arjuhi_fan

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 3:37am | IP Logged
This chaskameter ratings are not that important as trp ratings which are released every week by TAM media company.
Incase of Kitani it is very popular overseas and it has a lot of online viewers than ordinary or typical television viewers who prefer watching saas - bahu saga or social message type shows like balika vadhu , Pavitra rishta , baba aiso var dhoondo etc
but let me tell you that our show is no.1 compared to all the other youth based show on other channels.that itself is a huge achievement .Clap
and its fair enough in the trp ratings as well . it comes every week in the top 100 programmes and its very consistent.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Pallavi_roxkhalida4u.Vrish.payal_4

secretkeeper IF-Rockerz
secretkeeper
secretkeeper

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 5:33am | IP Logged
@Vrish: "In this case, however, the more popular shows on TV rank pretty low here, while the ones that  rank  high here flounder in the TRP ratings."

Youth shows like KMH have a lot of overseas online viewers (youtube etc) who dont contribute TRPs. The general population prefers shows like Pratigya, Uttaran, Pavitra rishta etc.

Same goes for India-forums...members from all over the world who rate the chaska meter :) Hence the difference in ratings...

You can check the TAM ratings here:
http://www.indiantelevision.com/tvr/telemeter/indexteltam.php4

Currently, KMH is on 6th position on its channel with 0.87rating

Edited by secretkeeper - 26 December 2010 at 5:34am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.shinyclassic

shinyclassic IF-Dazzler
shinyclassic
shinyclassic

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 5:53am | IP Logged
no matter what are the ratings of the show..i love it and will watch it whenever i have the chance,,,

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

khalida4u.Vrish.

mistyi Goldie
mistyi
mistyi

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 6:08am | IP Logged
Yep its like that for geet as well it is rated number 1 on IF but isn't on TV. I think its due to people like us who watch the show online rather than on our TV.

.Vrish.

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 7:50am | IP Logged
Thanks for pointing out the online viewership as such a skewing factor - I hadn't considered that, as I was under the impression that the number of people who watch this online, while significant, wouldn't be near the number of live TV audiences.

That brings up a different thought.  When KMH1 was canned, the reason given was low trps, but this time, is Imagine TV mindful of a large online viewership?  Such a thing is good for the production house but irrelevant for Imagine TV, which would get its revenues from the sponsoring ads, which become irrelevant in the online version of things, thanks to the ability of viewers to clip those, or skip those.

Methinks @ least Imagine's Youtube page should carry the episodes, given the weightage of their online vs live viewership.

Just my $0.02

secretkeeper

secretkeeper IF-Rockerz
secretkeeper
secretkeeper

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 9:44am | IP Logged
@Vrish: Exactly! Its high time for TAM to consider internet ratings of youtube, dailymotion etc too Approve

"When KMH1 was canned, the reason given was low trps, but this time, is Imagine TV mindful of a large online viewership?"

In the first 5-6 months KMH 1 was able to garner decent TRPs but then the figures started to dip. Hope the channel and team will learn from their mistakes. This time too, KMH2 was on the 2nd position when it started, then it fell to 4th and now its on 6th position on its own channel.

Lets see, how it goes :) abhi its only been 2 months..

.Vrish.

premeer_ever Senior Member
premeer_ever
premeer_ever

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 12:06pm | IP Logged

it is high timee, they shuld consider online viewership alsoo,

cozz i, myselff, watchh KMH onlinee
n I know  manyy fans that watchess this onlineSmile

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index