Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Fun of South Indian People :( (Page 4)

-crazygirl- Groupbie
-crazygirl-
-crazygirl-

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ramya-CIDnSSfan

Yes, Telugu is called Tollywood...n what ragini did ws NOT folk...she got 30 fr going against the theme of the episode? Unhappy
EXACTLY!!!Angry

pesi11 IF-Rockerz
pesi11
pesi11

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 12:37am | IP Logged
i watched the promo... but i couldn't see ragini getting 30.. i think they shown her dancing only..not scoring..
and coming to this song... i do agree with all of u.. always they vl make fun of  south indian songs..  i am from hyderabad..but i didnt realize this isult.... but after reading this post i realized it.. nice post.. and south indian films r not  bad.. we have very decent and good films

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tamushi

Eventide Senior Member
Eventide
Eventide

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 5:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ramya-CIDnSSfan

Yes, Telugu is called Tollywood...n what ragini did ws NOT folk...she got 30 fr going against the theme of the episode? Unhappy

Second that. As far as I know, that is definitely not a folk dance.

Edited by Eventide - 27 December 2010 at 5:05am
aadri- Goldie
aadri-
aadri-

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 5:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Saaki--

Originally posted by -crazygirl-

Actually krystal_watz and I are both correct. The Wikipedia gives the following definition of the word "Tollywood".

Tollywood may refer to either of the following two Indian film industries:

Cinema of Andhra Pradesh, the Telugu language film industry based in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India.
  • Cinema of West Bengal, Bengali-language film industry based in Tollygunge, a neighborhood of the city of Kolkata in the state of West Bengal, India

There you go. Confusion cleared.Big smile

Well,AS I know ,"Tollywood" is for Telugu Film Industry.........

Tollygunge which you have mentioned above is just a city & it is nothing related to "Film Industry" dear....................Big smile

Bengali film industry based on Tollygaunge is called Tollywood as well...........

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nirjhor105--Saaki--

YusBee IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 11:16am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva-allizwell-nikitagmc

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 11:33am | IP Logged
@Shounak.... very well said.. Clap n i remember..something similar being shown in Zara Nachke Dikha..where the girls team....performed .....in th similar hairstyle...and dance steps..with Randak Randak in bg Smile

However its sad that all cultures get stereotyped in bollywood ...

Edited by Armu4eva - 27 December 2010 at 11:34am

--Saaki---allizwell-YusBee

hide IF-Rockerz
hide
hide

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Saaki--

Yeah........

Well,I was just being silent reader out here........
Could not resist myself commenting to this topic........
Seriously yaar,they do create some "False Impression" about South-Indian costumes & makeup.........

Dont they  know,its "Tamil Film Industry" or "Kollywood" which is famous than Bollywood........
They do produce such a lovely movies.........their dress & music sense is much more modernised than Bolly's................
If thye think we south-Indian just have this kind of hair-styles & make-ups(as shown in the show),then they have to watch.......films like

"Enthiran","Shivaji","Don"(not the bollyoowd one,its  Tamils's Ajit has done it),"Boys"......the technologies,make-ups,locations,Dance,Music & the creativity hidden in that.............
Then definitely they will know what we South-Indians are really like.......
One "Folk & Mirchi Dance" wont give you the picture of "South-India".......WE South - Indians have many much more descent & adventurous Dance-Forms as well.................Which are dignified & as well as entertaining....Why dont these people try those .They just stick to one "Tapori Dance" & say South-Indian dances are like that......Thats really foolish............Confused

I really hope seeing just one "Dance " ,people wont decide the Style & Living of we South-Indians.......................
Originally posted by shri kannan

I constantly see Stars performing for south indian songs especially tamil and telugu. But the costumes that they wear are kinda insulting us. Go for Dhoti(men) and half saree (women). 

But whats with cheap makeup ,bended braids with pink ribbons,half saree that is 3/4th and the weird expressions ? Do you think that our movies or people in real life wear such things?

I could have taken that its funny if it was done in one show...but the same costume and expressions are repeated in all the dance shows...whenever the song turns out to be a south indian folk...

I am fan of ragini but i felt really bad while seeing the promos and the judges giving her a full on 30 :(

P.S: The word 'you' is directed towards the choreographers and the performers onlySmile

telugu movies are much more advanced than Hindi movies... now a days lots of remakes are made from south to north.. example is ghajini -  and more are expected.. all priyadarsan movies in hindi are remakes from malayalam/tamil..

it is an entertainment industry.. and its main job is to entertain people, and it should be treated that way rather than taking it in a negative sense.. it look like the poster is ashamed of his culture..LOL

today's ragini's performance deserves 30.. as far as the costumes etc is concerned it was there in south century back so nothing wrong in adopting that concept..

Edited by lathika4u - 27 December 2010 at 11:35am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva-allizwell-Tani91YusBee

YusBee IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 11:36am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

ssp_28Armu4eva-allizwell-

Go to top