Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Dutta, forever, Nakusha's boat of emotional safety (Page 2)

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 7:13am | IP Logged
@Lizdarcy

Yes, as you said in your post, I was quite confused and angry with Seema's recall in LTL but then I thought about it and the crucial part it will play in healing the wounds between Nakusha and Dutta. For Dutta to be able to accept Nakusha wholeheartedly, it is important that he gets rid of the emotional baggage (however genuine and authentic) that he has carried for years. You will agree with me that anyone who has ever been victimised and that includes survivors of crime, accidents, childhood abuse, political imprisonment, warfare, and so on must decide whether or not to forgive the perpetrator/s. There can be no middle grounds to this decision: either you decide to forgive the person/s who hurt you, or you hold on to bitterness and anger.

Dutta will have to forgive Seema and Supriya  to embrace life in a positive way. He has not been able to dissociate the image of these two women's betrayal in juxtaposition with Nakusha's one and only mistake and it is important that he is able to put facts in perspective and balance his emotions. The vehicle of forgiveness will be Nakusha, the wife who holds the key to his innermost being. One may argue that forgiveness is not going to suffice until Dutta forgets Nakusha's one misdemeanor regarding her FR but to forgive is simply to stop wishing for revenge or to stop wanting to see the other person suffer in some way. Dutta's trust has been violated and he cannot just forget what happened or else the same thing might happen again. There's a saying that unless one remembers history one will be condemned to repeat it.

Nakusha's somehow cliched trips to the temple praying for her husbands' safety and personal repentance for the wrong done is symbolical of how trust can be repaired at its own pace through a gradual process of rebuilding. Dutta will now learn to get to "know" and trust Nakusha all over again. I hope that this track will set the cornerstones showing a husband and wife who are fully repentant and shown as making a full confession and do penance. The desire to do so will be all that is necessary to nourish a new foundation of trust between the two.

Smile.

Edited by KavitaDR - 26 December 2010 at 7:16am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shamnasasalinotsorrylizdarcy

Alamelu IF-Rockerz
Alamelu
Alamelu

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 7:17am | IP Logged
Beautifully written Kavita.....great responses by other members too......the characters are what make all of us love LTL sooooo much and such a well portrayed set of actors.........I hope the CVs continue their good work in creating more magic and keeping the authenticity of the characters intact; that is what makes this show so special........we don't want anything flimsy or superficial to spoil the track........hope this coming week gives us this!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorry

lizdarcy Senior Member
lizdarcy
lizdarcy

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 7:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KavitaDR

@Lizdarcy

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Yes, as you said in your post, I was quite confused and angry with Seema's recall in LTL but then I thought about it and the crucial part it will play in healing the wounds between Nakusha and Dutta. For Dutta to be able to accept Nakusha wholeheartedly, it is important that he gets rid of the emotional baggage (however genuine and authentic) that he has carried for years. You will agree with me that anyone who has ever been victimised and that includes survivors of crime,accidents, childhood abuse, political imprisonment, warfare, and so on must decide whether or not to forgive the perpetrator/s. There can be no middle grounds to this decision: either you decide to forgive the person/s who hurt you, or you hold on to bitterness and anger. </font>

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Dutta will have to forgive Seema and Supriya to embrace life in a positive way. He has not been able to dissociate the image of these two women's betrayal in juxtaposition with Nakusha's one and only mistake and it is important that he is able to put facts in perspective and balance his emotions. The vehicle of forgiveness will be Nakusha, the wife who holds the key to his innermost being. One may argue that forgiveness is not going to suffice until Dutta forgets Nakusha's one misdemeanor regarding her FR but to forgive is simply to stop wishing for revenge or to stop wanting to see the other person suffer in some way. Dutta's trust has been violated and he cannot just forget what happened or else the same thing might happen again. There's a saying that unless one remembers history one will be condemned to repeat it. </font>

<font face="Times New Roman"><font size="3">Nakusha's somehow cliched trips to the temple praying for her husbands' safety and personal repentance for the wrong done is symbolical of how trust can be repaired at its own pace through a gradual process of rebuilding. Dutta will now learn to get to "know" and trust Nakusha all over again. I hope that this track will set the cornerstones showing a husband and wife who are fully repentant and shown as making a full confession adnd do penance. The desire to do so will be all that is necessary to nourish a newfoundation of trust between the two.</font>

Smile. </font>

Kavita, agree with you, word to word. Like i said, with Seema's comeback Dutta's life comes full circle. I expect to see a calmer Dutta after this track. Naku's love will make him forgive Seema, Supriya, Damodar...then Naku and finally himself. Only when he forgives the ones who wronged him will he learn to forgive himself for all that he has done. Also, Seema coming back will make him realize that what he felt for her was never love. I had mentioned this in another post, that when the two women who betrayed him come back to him, Dutta will realize that it is only Naku he wants. It is only she who can calm his soul.

I generally hate it when the women in soaps are shown to be superstitious, believing in divine signs blindly. But in Naku's case, i love it. I love the fact that she's superstitious and naive. I wouldn't want her to change, even a bit. Hers is the kind of faith we've only heard about, the one that moves mountains, makes it rain. Miraculous faith. Dutta's indeed blessed, to have someone love him with so much conviction.

Waiting for the Seema track to get over so that there's some soulful romance. Ah, what a slap that will be for Kala!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryKavitaDR

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 7:36am | IP Logged
@mussy.jamshed
Wonderful Post.ClapClapClap..........I guess there is not much for me to say. I guess this time I have observed composure in Dutta, though he felt betrayed and hurt but Nakusha has definitely brought great change in him. It's her unfathomable belief in Bappa and Her Love Dutta that he is still alive and not broken. Nakusha no doubt has changed him for his own good.. I would love to see how he reacts with the hail storm i.e Seema. But I m sure this time Nakusha won't sacrifice her love, she knows Dutta loves her n this time she will stand up and fight for it. Because I can see change in her..she has shed her inhibitions and now she has no secrets to hide from Dutta. so this time I m expecting good battle b/w Nakusha and Seema. I m sure seema's comeback will help Dutta forgive Nakusha... Nakusha's mistake is insignificant vis-a-vis seema's betrayal. I don't see any third angle element as such. Seema herself will be shocked to see change in Dutta & strength behind his survival.Embarrassed 
[/QUOTE]

Hi Musarat,

Thank you for the warm words. I was happy to see that like so many others you have not dissociated Nakusha's trust and belief in Bappa with the love and trust for Dutta that is such an intrinsic aspect of her personality. When all fails, our last recourse remains the Almighty. I am not at all superstitious but I believe that going back to our core beliefs is important in times of trouble and turbulence, if not for our own sake, then for the sake of those we uphold in our lives. Nakusha has changed Dutta for the better but she has not been able to destroy the strong vestiges of anger and resentlment inhabiting a now calmer Dutta (in spite of his regular outburst). He is still a child at heart when it comes to searching for love but he is also a mature man who knows that Nakusha is the only person who brings solace to his heart.
As for Nakusha, you are right in saying "she knows Dutta loves her n this time she will stand up and fight for it. Because I can see change in her..she has shed her inhibitions and now she has no secrets to hide from Dutta. so this time I m expecting good battle b/w Nakusha and Seema. I m sure seema's comeback will help Dutta forgive Nakusha... Nakusha's mistake is insignificant vis-a-vis seema's betrayal. I don't see any third angle element as such. Seema herself will be shocked to see change in Dutta & strength behind his survival."

Like our two protagonist, I have also learned to calm down and suppress the reactive behaviour I have had whenever I envision Dutta's suffering. Seema's re-entry will allow both Dutta and Nakusha to recover the personal power each one has over each other and get control of the conflicting  emotions that have marred their relationship since DAY 1 of their encounter. More importantly so in the case of Dutta who will at least come to terms and assess the damages his usual reactive behaviour causes. Smile

BTW, congratulations for your enhanced status in the IF Hall of fame. It is due reward for your consistency on the forum.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorrymussy.jamshed-Carrie-

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 8:03am | IP Logged

@ msthula

I so agree with you... the Dutta Seema knew and the Dutta nakku knows are so different... the later dutta is the man nakku has fallen in love with and so has the whole ltl forum....it is his passion yet subtle shyness, his anger yet good-heartedness, his ego yet child like tantrums, his strength yet emotional vulnerability, his aura of a tiger yet his insecurities, his possessiveness, his aloofness.... ...his helplessness in love and yet his constant denials and the fact that he thinks about his soul mate right in the middle of the conversation with chaskar and just takes off from the middle of the conversation tells us his hankering for love..like he told madhu that before FR it was like they (tasha) did not need anything else. ... the love between them was enough... it was ssuch a filmy dialogue...but yet it felt soooooo right when he said that...there is such variety in his personality...no wonder whatever he does we love him for the same ...nakku understand this man...the man seema knew really is no more... he had indeed buried himself under these layers of emotions...
it was a wonderful post kavita

Dear Shrusti,

Thank you for the warm words.

I have always viewed Dutta as one person able to  perceive emotions directly with no need to have recourse to symbols of love unlike the majority of people in real life and in the LTL context, Nakusha, who has to look for symbolical aspects or forms to reaffirm her confidence in her feelings for Dutta. This boils down to her background, her upbringing and belief systems unlike Dutta who cannot convey his emotion because love for him is silent hence the degree to which he hurts within himself.

And thank God for the fact that Nakusha has at least understood this basic character trait in Dutta and can start shifting through all the layers of emotions that her husband has buried himself under.  Seema does not have this priviledge because the young man she left 10 years ago only knew an almost juvenile and puerile form of love that needed nurturing at that time to get anywhere. She forsake this opportunity and will only lose this time. At best, she will earn some form of absolution because of her act of repentance. This is what I wish to seeā€¦.nothing more! I, actually, feel sorry for her. Embarrassed

lizdarcy-Srushti-

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 8:25am | IP Logged
@shan2430]
I really liked your post Kavita....Yes I do believe that Nakusha's strength and conviction stems from Duttas integrity, his unwaivering, clear(he does not mince words or emotions) approach towards life and people and his basic goodness...But I give this much credit to Nakusha that she has been able to understand these facets about him and not waiver even for a moment in the face of adverse treatment meted out to her by Dutta...She has held on steadfastly to her belief in her man and what she truly knows about him.I'd say her belief in Bappa is secondary because its not as if she is asking Bappa to change Datta...She is only praying to him to give her the strength to bring out his true qualities, something that got buried because of her apparent betrayal..She is praying to help her remind him of what he is, what his love is and what they mean to each other.But yes...her prayer has meaning only because of what Datta actually IS....So i'd say i admire and respect Datta for his character and credit Naku for holding onto her belief in Datta.
As for the temple scene, i must admit it gave me a headache but i didn't think much abt their respective FBs till yu pointed in yur post.  I was a little sceptical of the Seema track but i have to admit it can thro various dimension's to Datta & Naku' s character. if treated well. I know the CVs can do jutics to it but it is the TRP dictum that worries me...Don't want it become another thrill...keeping my fingers crossed
[/QUOTE]

Dear Shan,

I feel that we are all in agreement as far as Dutta's or Nakusha's steadfastness vis-a-vis each other is concerned. However, I disagree on the fact that her belief in Bappa is secondary. Actually, I admire Nakusha for never letting anyone, even Dutta who is almost supreme for her, to interfere with her unwavering faith in God. It may smack of superstition but in a love story that we have equated to being a fairy tale, the balance and influence of the Divine cannot be separated nor superseded.  Even Seema, the one who has sinned and is repenting now has felt the need to pray to be able to "connect" in some way to Dutta, her first love. It is ironical but she also recognises the fact that she may not be able to meet Dutta after what she has done. It is at the end of the day, some divine and unknown powers that become the voice of our conscience. Isn't it?

As to CVs, Rab rakhey as we say bacause I sincerely hope that they do not dilute the imprtance of the healing process for Tasha in their quest to add just mere thrills to Seema's track. The shorter the better and that will go a long way towards upholding LTL's integrity as a love story.

notsorrylizdarcy

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 8:33am | IP Logged
@Alamelu

Beautifully written Kavita.....great responses by other members too......the characters are what make all of us love LTL sooooo much and such a well portrayed set of actors.........I hope the CVs continue their good work in creating more magic and keeping the authenticity of the characters intact; that is what makes this show so special........we don't want anything flimsy or superficial to spoil the track........hope this coming week gives us this!!![/QUOTE]

Thank you Alamelu,

Yes, we are all holding on to our breaths for this week which is crucial as it marks the first anniversary. I am hopeful that CV's will not waste this opportunity in giving a new impetus to the show. Cross fingers as Shan2430 puts it in her post on this thread. Smile

Edited by KavitaDR - 26 December 2010 at 8:33am
KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 8:45am | IP Logged
@Lizdarcy

Kavita, agree with you, word to word. Like i said, with Seema's comeback Dutta's life comes full circle. I expect to see a calmer Dutta after this track. Naku's love will make him forgive Seema, Supriya, Damodar...then Naku and finally himself. Only when he forgives the ones who wronged him will he learn to forgive himself for all that he has done. Also, Seema coming back will make him realize that what he felt for her was never love. I had mentioned this in another post, that when the two women who betrayed him come back to him, Dutta will realize that it is only Naku he wants. It is only she who can calm his soul.

I generally hate it when the women in soaps are shown to be superstitious, believing in divine signs blindly. But in Naku's case, i love it. I love the fact that she's superstitious and naive. I wouldn't want her to change, even a bit. Hers is the kind of faith we've only heard about, the one that moves mountains, makes it rain. Miraculous faith. Dutta's indeed blessed, to have someone love him with so much conviction.

Waiting for the Seema track to get over so that there's some soulful romance. Ah, what a slap that will be for Kala!

Dear Liz,

Yes, however, controversial this may sound when it comes to sensitive emotions such as love, being able to rationalise our feelings and personal circumstances pave the way for a clear understanding of the motivations behind any actions/reactions  from the person we love and cherish.

As to the superstitious elements, it may have jarred at times in LTL, especially, when we see a fearless and shameless Kala getting away in spite of her open defiance to God as in Monday's episode where she refuses the modak from Nakusha's offering to Bappa, we wonder and doubt for a fleeting second. But that was important to show the contrast between Good and Evil and we are forced to utter: " Rira bien qui rira le dernier" or literally translated, "he who laughs last laughs the hardest" .LOLLOLLOL

And Ditto for: "Waiting for the Seema track to get over so that there's some soulful romance. Ah, what a slap that will be for Kala! "AngryAngryAngry

Edited by KavitaDR - 26 December 2010 at 8:57am

notsorrymussy.jamshed

Go to top