India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Dutta, forever, Nakusha's boat of emotional safety

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 8:25pm | IP Logged

Nakusha was one character this week to have evoked an array of emotions in us, from admiration for her steadfastness and belief in God and Dutta, to anger at her naiveness and gullibility, failure to act more objectively in the face of overt evil actions against Dutta's and her own persona and incredulity at her daredevil act of driving a jeep when to all accords, she has been shown as an innocent, illiterate girl from a slum who would never have had the chance to be behind the wheels of a four-wheeler. What were the CV's thinking of or did they forget (as usual) the first encounter between Dutta  and Nakusha  when the latter had to push a bullet-hit Dutta and Baji to the hospital on a trolley because, Babi, Ganpath, Sethji or herself could not drive a car? We were all unanimous and added it to the never-ending bloopers but the one thing that struck me was that CV's may have used this irrational act to depict the emotional safety that Dutta provides to Nakusha in spite of their seemingly insurmountable differences at crunch time, i.e., Seema's recall to LTL. Nakusha has to win this public/private battle of love despite the fact that she has been branded a betrayer by her own husband because of the faith the latter keeps restoring in her, in public.

Love, total acceptance, respect to be desired, security, passion are all things a woman may want in any relationship and barring love and possibly security, Dutta has not, really, fulfilled all these pre-requisites binding two individuals hence Nakusha's misplaced, almost confusing (to me) serenity and strength to take on anything guilelessly for her husband's safety. So what makes Nakusha tick, despite, all the adversity that befalls her every day? And how is she supposed to react when she, finally, discovers that the woman she has befriended in all innocence on her way to the village deity is none other than Seema, the root cause of all the pain and darkness in the life of the one person whose happiness takes precedence over everything in her life? Interesting questions that we would love CVs to answer with flair whilst highlighting the gripping romance between two beautiful souls.

The credit goes to Nakusha for her unwavering belief system in the Almighty and her husband but the one who has to be lauded remains, undoubtedly, Dutta. Indeed, Dutta despite all his flaws and failings when it comes to dealing with his own emotions has over the months created in Nakusha's mind the image of a confident man who has instilled a feeling of trust in the  woman he loves. Nakusha, consequently, feels emotionally safe with Dutta who despite his uncompromising stand vis--vis his wife post the cruel FR, remains, emotionally, honest, trustworthy and authentic. These are emotional character strengths Nakusha has identified with and relies heavily upon to see her through this long journey full of obstacles, known and unknown. She knows that Dutta is a man of character and emotional depth who knows and respects himself. She has been able to gauge positively D's belief in himself and his perception of truth as such a strong component of his make-up that he does not feel the need to gain the acceptance of others by trying to be something he is not. His strength is as much physical as it is in the clarity of his mind and emotions. He is not a weak man that will bend to the whims of other people. She can trust him to be who he is, a man of emotional integrity.

Nakusha's total trust by virtue of her status as Dutta's wife was shown quite symbolically in the FB scenes during the Aarti in the Gaon Devi's temple. Be it the grudging support, a now mature Dutta gave her in the OT scene to the playful yet intensely romantic paayal scene, or Dutta applying sindoor to Nakusha's maang, the pheras confirming the vows of love and chastity between a husband and wife. Those very scenes contrasted sharply with those flashing in Seema's mind where we saw a young, immature Dutta trying to demonstrate his love by offering material trappings such as a necklace or arguably teenage romance bordering on innocent desires with a shy and gawky Dutta pointing at the scraps of candy floss on her lips. The Aarti scene may very well have been almost clichd in the temple but I find it symbolical in the sense that Nakusha, unknowingly reaffirms in front of God, Dutta's total devotion to her as symbolised by his second wedding and exchange of vows in public that will win at the end. This "Seema track" has evoked mixed reactions among forum members as this new era in LTL will, surely, bring additional conflicts in Nakusha's already simmering marital life. But the one fact that warms and rallies all of us to her cause is the mutual security, love and emotional integrity that our two lovebirds provide each other. And we hope that CV's will not disappoint us during a week which heralds the 1st Anniversary of LTL. Smile

Ur comments pleaseSmile

Let me also wish you all for the festive season. Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all. Have lots of fun and may everyone on the forum be blessed. Smile

Edited by KavitaDR - 25 December 2010 at 8:55pm

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

merunshamnasasalidikulolopinks86notsorrysikkaishaarshi_forever9lizdarcyshruti10augustswati2008sub_rosakadduurama_2010mozart66mussy.jamshedushankitvcsuhana19Sophia21triasha-Carrie---khushi--meghaparti-Srushti-TheRager

-Carrie- IF-Rockerz
-Carrie-
-Carrie-

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by KavitaDR

The credit goes to Nakusha for her unwavering belief system in the Almighty and her husband but the one who has to be lauded remains, undoubtedly, Dutta. Indeed, Dutta despite all his flaws and failings when it comes to dealing with his own emotions has over the months created in Nakusha's mind the image of a confident man who has instilled a feeling of trust in the  woman he loves. Nakusha, consequently, feels emotionally safe with Dutta who despite his uncompromising stand vis--vis his wife post the cruel FR, remains, emotionally, honest, trustworthy and authentic. These are emotional character strengths Nakusha has identified with and relies heavily upon to see her through this long journey full of obstacles, known and unknown. She knows that Dutta is a man of character and emotional depth who knows and respects himself. She has been able to gauge positively D's belief in himself and his perception of truth as such a strong component of his make-up that he does not feel the need to gain the acceptance of others by trying to be something he is not. His strength is as much physical as it is in the clarity of his mind and emotions. He is not a weak man that will bend to the whims of other people. She can trust him to be who he is, a man of emotional integrity.

ClapClapClap Beautifully put across,Kavita. Totally appreciate your thoughts.Exactly the thoughts that have been running through my heart & mind since I  'met' this complex yet lovely character. But I have never been able to express it as clearly & coherently as you have here.The feelings that you mentioned is exactly what D instills in me despite I knowing that he is a fictional character.The reason for I being so completely enamoured by him.Not that he looks hot or has the most amazing expressions or has eyes that speak volumes without him even uttering a single word.These characters only add on to the impeccable persona that he is. What is branded on my soul is his emotional integrity & authenticity, his genuineness ,his pure & unadulterated truthfulness. Strange as it might sound to any sane person I am unable to call him freely by his first name thats the level of respect he commands.
I don't care much to where the LTL story is headed nor I am fond of other people's romance which I believe is something to be experienced & cherished only by the persons involved.But yes I desperately want to see how my beloved character evolves
further as life throws him deeper into turmoil & core-shaking betrayals.
Let me also wish you all for the festive season. Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all. Have lots of fun and may everyone on the forum be blessed. Smile
Merry Christmas & Very Happy New Year to you too.Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorrysikkaishaKavitaDRmussy.jamshedushankitvc

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
@Zuby
Exactly the thoughts that have been running through my heart & mind since I  'met' this complex yet lovely character. But I have never been able to express it as clearly & coherently as you have here.The feelings that you mentioned is exactly what D instills in me despite I knowing that he is a fictional character.The reason for I being so completely enamoured by him.Not that he looks hot or has the most amazing expressions or has eyes that speak volumes without him even uttering a single word.These characters only add on to the impeccable persona that he is. What is branded on my soul is his emotional integrity & authenticity, his genuineness ,his pure & unadulterated truthfulness. Strange as it might sound to any sane person I am unable to call him freely by his first name thats the level of respect he commands.
I don't care much to where the LTL story is headed nor I am fond of other people's romance which I believe is something to be experienced & cherished only by the persons involved.But yes I desperately want to see how my beloved character evolves
further as life throws him deeper into turmoil & core-shaking betrayals.

Dear Zuby,

Thank you for the lovely wishes.
To come back to Dutta, I am like you, in awe of this character, to the extent that I sometimes wonder whether it is even possible to fathom the existence of such people. Arguably, No, but I will somehow push further by saying that great love is always present in a relationship when there is no fear. And Dutta has never been fearful of his emotions for N. From the day he realised the depth of his love, he has remained steadfast despite all the "supposed hatred" he has spurned on Nakusha. I now want him to find true happiness with her and this will mean dissolving any lingering core doubt/belief of not being good enough, unworthy, self-rejection and other people rejecting him. This is the painful emotion that he has sought protection from by enclosing himself within this hard veneer of intransigeance for his personal safety. And it is high time, Nakusha acknowleges that rather than languishing in her personal battles of self-acceptance and self-love. It is only when she manages to get out ot this vicious circle in her mind that she will be able to stand as tall as Dutta in the department of emotional integrity. This week has been a good start but her naivete may still cost her dearly. Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorrysikkaishamussy.jamshed-Carrie-

-Srushti- IF-Sizzlerz
-Srushti-
-Srushti-

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by KavitaDR

Nakusha's total trust by virtue of her status as Dutta's wife was shown quite symbolically in the FB scenes during the Aarti in the Gaon Devi's temple. Be it the grudging support, a now mature Dutta gave her in the OT scene to the playful yet intensely romantic paayal scene, or Dutta applying sindoor to Nakusha's maang, the pheras confirming the vows of love and chastity between a husband and wife. Those very scenes contrasted sharply with those flashing in Seema's mind where we saw a young, immature Dutta trying to demonstrate his love by offering material trappings such as a necklace or arguably teenage romance bordering on innocent desires with a shy and gawky Dutta pointing at the scraps of candy floss on her lips. The Aarti scene may very well have been almost clichd in the temple but I find it symbolical in the sense that Nakusha, unknowingly reaffirms in front of God, Dutta's total devotion to her as symbolised by his second wedding and exchange of vows in public that will win at the end. This "Seema track" has evoked mixed reactions among forum members as this new era in LTL will, surely, bring additional conflicts in Nakusha's already simmering marital life. But the one fact that warms and rallies all of us to her cause is the mutual security, love and emotional integrity that our two lovebirds provide each other. And we hope that CV's will not disappoint us during a week which heralds the 1st Anniversary of LTL. Smile
Ur comments pleaseSmile

I so agree with you... the Dutta Seema knew and the Dutta nakku knows are so different... the later dutta is the man nakku has fallen in love with and so has the whole ltl forum....it is his passion yet subtle shyness, his anger yet good-heartedness, his ego yet child like tantrums, his strength yet emotional vulnerability, his aura of a tiger yet his insecurities, his possessiveness, his aloofness.... ...his helplessness in love and yet his constant denials and the fact that he thinks about his soul mate right in the middle of the conversation with chaskar and just takes off from the middle of the conversation tells us his hankering for love..like he told madhu that before FR it was like they (tasha) did not need anything else. ... the love between them was enough... it was ssuch a filmy dialogue...but yet it felt soooooo right when he said that...there is such variety in his personality...no wonder whatever he does we love him for the sameDay Dreaming...nakku understand this man...the man seema knew really is no more... he had indeed buried himself under these layers of emotions...
it was a wonderful post kavitaClap

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryKavitaDRlizdarcyshruti10augustmussy.jamshedushankitvc-Carrie---khushi--

lizdarcy Senior Member
lizdarcy
lizdarcy

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 1:14am | IP Logged
What a post, Kavita! Loved the way you've defended Naku's actions. This is what i was trying to say too, albeit unsuccessfully! And the way you've compared Dutta's love for Seema and his love for Naku, KUDOS!

Will reply in detail later! Clap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

KavitaDRnotsorrymussy.jamshed

mussy.jamshed IF-Dazzler
mussy.jamshed
mussy.jamshed

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 1:15am | IP Logged
@ Kavita :-  Wonderful Post.ClapClapClap..........I guess there is not much for me to say. I guess this time I have observed composure in Dutta, though he felt betrayed and hurt but Nakusha has definitely brought great change in him. It's her unfathomable belief in Bappa and Her Love Dutta that he is still alive and not broken. Nakusha no doubt has changed him for his own good.. I would love to see how he reacts with the hail storm i.e Seema. But I m sure this time Nakusha won't sacrifice her love, she knows Dutta loves her n this time she will stand up and fight for it. Because I can see change in her..she has shed her inhibitions and now she has no secrets to hide from Dutta. so this time I m expecting good battle b/w Nakusha and Seema. I m sure seema's comeback will help Dutta forgive Nakusha... Nakusha's mistake is insignificant vis-a-vis seema's betrayal. I don't see any third angle element as such. Seema herself will be shocked to see change in Dutta & strength behind his survival.Embarrassed 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shan2430KavitaDRlizdarcynotsorry-Carrie---khushi--

shan2430 Groupbie
shan2430
shan2430

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 2:15am | IP Logged
I really liked your post Kavita....Yes I do believe that Nakusha's strength and conviction stems from Duttas integrity, his unwaivering, clear(he does not mince words or emotions) approach towards life and people and his basic goodness...But I give this much credit to Nakusha that she has been able to understand these facets about him and not waiver even for a moment in the face of adverse treatment meted out to her by Dutta...She has held on steadfastly to her belief in her man and what she truly knows about him.I'd say her belief in Bappa is secondary because its not as if she is asking Bappa to change Datta...She is only praying to him to give her the strength to bring out his true qualities, something that got buried because of her apparent betrayal..She is praying to help her remind him of what he is, what his love is and what they mean to each other.But yes...her prayer has meaning only because of what Datta actually IS....So i'd say i admire and respect Datta for his character and credit Naku for holding onto her belief in Datta.
As for the temple scene, i must admit it gave me a headache but i didn't think much abt their respective FBs till yu pointed in yur post.  I was a little sceptical of the Seema track but i have to admit it can thro various dimension's to Datta & Naku' s character. if treated well. I know the CVs can do jutics to it but it is the TRP dictum that worries me...Don't want it become another thrill...keeping my fingers crossed

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorrylizdarcyKavitaDRsub_rosaushankitvc-Srushti-TheRager

lizdarcy Senior Member
lizdarcy
lizdarcy

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 3:29am | IP Logged
Firstly, I love your post. Beautifully written. I used to wonder if i was reading too much into the scenes, but your posts make me realize that the symbolism is indeed present, in each scene of this amazingly beautiful love story.

I'm in agreement with most points, but there are some that confuse me. Dutta has always been a troubled man. His emotional insecurities run deep. He's hidden it under layers of anger and indifference. But all said, he is someone with integrity. And bone deep decency. With him, what you see is what you get. He will not do something just because it pleases/placates somebody. He will only do it if it feels right.

It was only when Naku touched his life and soul with her goodness and love that he recognized himself. She showed him the mirror, told him that he deserved a love that would calm his turbulent soul. And hence his confession, 'Let me look into your eyes and see myself there. Maybe then i'll learn to love myself the way you love me.' I believe it is Naku's love that has become Dutta's anchor. A man whose life was always rocky,and threatened to crumble at the slightest hint of a storm...the same man is keeping his calm in the face of all the evil plots his enemy is throwing his way. He is fighting it with newfound conviction, instead of bowing in. Dutta was a cynic, who was only too ready to believe in what he saw. But Naku's love has been such that he trusts her, without any proof. It is Naku's faith in Bappa that has translated to Dutta's faith in Naku. Now this is the ultimate blow for Kala, who believes that her twisted mindgames are weakening Dutta. She cannot gauge the power of love, for she's driven by hatred. She doesn't know that selfless love is what makes hatred ineffective.

Coming to Naku and Seema, take a bow, Kavita! I've been trying to tell people that this track is essential for TaSha. The FB scenes you've interpreted say it all. Naku has always loved Dutta selflessly. The only time she ever felt insecure was when he didn't speak up for her. She asked him to stand by her, believe in her. And for the first time, she asked him if he could deny his feelings for her. Naku has loved Dutta even when she knew he wasn't hers. Now that he has made it clear that he is hers, no Seema can make her insecure. That was why Naku's FB scenes portrayed love at a deep and holy level while Seema's FB had more to do with young, fleeting love.

Naku's faith amazes me. It is chaste, without a hint of doubt. It is why the love they share is as powerful too.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryKavitaDR-Srushti-

Go to top