Fairytale Romance-----SS----

blueangel1308 Senior Member
blueangel1308
blueangel1308

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Fairytale Romance

One

Delhi - 2010    

"How do you expect me to work with these these imbeciles!, I mean who do I look like to you, do I look like one of the Tom/Dick/Harry whoever designers you work with everyday. I am Jack, The Jack, designer for celebrities, hired personally by The Khuranas, and you expect to work in These conditions." The nazal, haughty, sickly sweet voice of one Jagmohan Singhania, aka The Jack, echoed off the walls of the ballroom. His fingers alternating between pointing at his latest assistant, his 5th in the span of 4 days, and making sweeping gestures in front of Mr. Manchanda.
     Though Mr. Manchanda was one of the best wedding organizer in all of Delhi with people bidding to retain his services, he was stuck standing there in front of Jack, listening to his whining for the past few days. The reason, Jack was a favorite friend of the bride and in charge of all the sets for the wedding and all the events related to it. Even though Mr. Manchanda was set in his ways, he had compromised in this occasion and allowed to work with this person because this was a once in a lifetime chance.
    The wedding taking place was of one of the members of the extensive Khurana family. This wedding had the power to put his company in even a higher status. So, he was stuck trying to appease not only the demands of the grooms family and the brides family, but also the demands of The Jack.
    "Jack,  I hired him according to your specifications, how am I going to find you a suitable assistant with only a few hours to go till the Sangeet"
    "I don't care, I told this boy to order some calla lilies for me and he brought me stargazer lilies, Look, how am I suppose to work on my masterpiece for the reception if I can't even have the correct flowers."
    And that's how it went, if not the flowers, it was the china, or the incorrect shade of table cloths, to the wrong type of sugar in his low-fat, no foam coffee. Of course, it was no help mentioning that he had asked for lilies and not specified what type of lilies.
   As the complains, and the back and forth went on between Mr. Manchanda and Jack, the decibels of Jack's voice only increased, causing a wince to occur on everyone's face, it was a testament to Mr. M's will that he was yet to break his poker face.
    "Fine, Mr. Jack, I will find someone for you. Please if you could continue with the Sangeet decorations, you will have a new assistant"
    Saying this he is quick to pull the quivering form of Jack's latest assistant out of his warpath and take him away from the ballroom.
-----
    Geet was lounging around the media room with her best friend Pinky. Today marked the first day of Fall Break. A much needed break after the intense non-stop studying she had endured for the past couple of months. She was completing her last year in Commerce.
   Since yesterday night all she and Pinky had done was order take out food and watch movies non-stop, catching up on all that they had missed. The current movie they were watching was Enchanted, one of their all time favorites. The room is stepped in the feeling of laziness. This moment however is broken by the loud ringing of Geet's phone.
  "Geet Beta, I need your help. Please if you can get ready and come to the venue for the Khurana Wedding Sangeet. I will text you the address"
   "Of Course, Uncle I will be there as soon as possible."
Geet was puzzled at the request, as Mr. M was not one to include Geet and Pinky in the weddings he organized.
     "Pinky, your dad called, he needs help with something, do you need something while I am out."
    As she hurries to her room to get ready, she is followed on her heels by Pinky.
"Geet, one second, what did he need help with?, was he calling from work?, wait is he calling from the Khurana Place? Yes, isn't it. Geet please please please I want to come to. Oh My God, I so have to text Pooja that I am going to the Khurana's place."
"Pinky wait, I am not sure, make sure with Uncle that you can go"
--------
   As she's traveling the afternoon Delhi traffic, her mind plays back to how she came to live with the Manchandas. Of how the course of her life changed after her brother's marriage.
   She was born as Geet Handa, the youngest born of her parents with 2 elder brothers. She had been a surprise in the family. She was 8 years younger than her eldest brother, Brij, and 6 years younger than her 2nd brother, Jay. Being raised at home by her parents and grandparents, she had not been in much touch with her brothers due to their studying in boarding schools and later studying abroad. She knew they loved her none the less.
    Her childhood was blissful, spent attending school and enjoying being the darling of her village. Her family was the head of the village for generations and that coupled with her personality had endeared her to everyone. But tragedy it seems always takes one unaware. The 1st tragedy came in the form of the death of her grandmother when she was 12, the 2nd tragedy came in the form of her mother's heart attack when she was 17 and the 3rd tragedy was the marriage of her eldest brother.
      Her mother's heart attack had caused her parents to re-evaluate many things and had caused her father to step down from his position as the head of the village, passing it down to Brij veerji. From then her parents had gone on to move abroad to live a more hassle free life with her brother Jay in England. She had become the only woman in the house, taking care of Brij veerji and Daarji. For a year or so all had gone well.
      Everything changed with the marriage of her brother and the arrival of her sister in law. The problem was not that her bhabhi was a bad person or even that they did not get along in most of their beliefs. The problem came in the form of the fact that with her increasing pregnancy came the arrival of her mother. Her mother was a nice person but she wanted to establish her daughters' authority in the house, and despite the fact that Geet was more than happy to give her bhabhi that role, she seemed to view Geet as a threat.
     She does not remember how exactly it started, I guess she can say it started off small enough with small requests for help and it went to increase to such an extent, she was asked to work at some many things and with such strenuous work that not only was it affecting her health but also her studies. It was then that she had decided to apply to a college in delhi and apply for various scholarships.
     With her luck and her good smarts she was able to get the both the admission and enough scholarship to pay her full tuition and provide money for boarding. Being the daughter of the house, it had not been an easy task to convince her traditional grandfather but with the persuasion of her mother and not surprisingly her bhabhi, she was allowed to go to Delhi for her studies. She had no intention of looking back.
    For her luck, as soon as she had arrived in Delhi, she had encountered her childhood best friend Pinky and Pinky's father waiting for her. Turns out her father had spoke to them about her arrival in Delhi. They had been as warm and welcoming and friendly as she remembered from her childhood. And as they say, it was all history since then. She had been enfolded into their family, made as a daughter, and from then on lived with them, treated in the same way by Mr. M as Pinky.
    Geet comes out of her reminiscing when the car lurched to a stop in front of the Sangeet venue. For some reason there were butterflies in her stomach. This was not the first time ever which she had helped Mr. M with something in one of his weddings but for some reason, today felt different. Today felt like her life was bracing, preparing to take another turn, she could not think why, but she just braced her self, slightly tapping herself on her head for her silly imagination, she stepped inside and went to find Mr. M.
----------------------  
comments please, let me know what you think. thank you.
-----------------

The following 81 member(s) liked the above post:

bumbushiyash_bdinlwgeetchubby786neetugarg123fatiya52110POULOMI22fizza25solicitudeDancinFirefliesbhakbhartifanalu5123taanninazsijAyesha_MSKsmilieyYusLizhemvbvij10nikipukimons_mbmaaneetfan123bono_jostnanamitasinMSgayatriParimishtychiki143Lakshmi86mirnalininan_10maansi007shivangi783Rohini20bobbydollSaJan-SaJanzaqxswranjnanarangtanya_viiqbals4everDoJinDhara_sIlovemskbluedreamz953-shamima-maanujaanumayapariZohamaaneetambbihasaomommahi246ramaheshsimi91awesomepoojaAntaresshalini01komlikaalicia212-Yaz--afsha---Nargis--mitzi11Silentsoulmysterygurl1427aamirkhanfan_Invincible_rsroopali6n6s6k6i6r6a6n6preethiaMishtyShonaShalvesun-naaaaaaaaapoongs123Loquacious_AashpickachukhwaishfanibelieveinpinkKrishna_SouravnotfadedawayspvdDownhill.hayaat.

Kkadss Goldie
Kkadss
Kkadss

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
Interesting
Do continue

Edited by kadds02 - 25 December 2010 at 1:27pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

neetugarg123

ranjnanarang Goldie
ranjnanarang
ranjnanarang

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
a very good start Blueangel seems like an interesting concept do add me to your PM list and please update very soon.
komlika IF-Rockerz
komlika
komlika

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
love it continue........do PM me Smile
Ilovemsk IF-Dazzler
Ilovemsk
Ilovemsk

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Interesting
And I'm mega confused :s

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

maansi007

hemvb Senior Member
hemvb
hemvb

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Congrats on new ss yaar.... its a great start ;)
waiting for more :)
pickachu IF-Stunnerz
pickachu
pickachu

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Interesting!!!
Continue soonnn.
Thanxx for the pm.

Fatima
maanujaanu IF-Dazzler
maanujaanu
maanujaanu