Bigg Boss Season 4

Dollllyyyy Darling

Posted: 13 years ago
This is part of a discussion that a few forum members are having regarding the contestants. We are trying our best to be objective and impartial in our analysis of the contestants. This particular thread has nothing to do with the individual likes or dislikes or preferences for one contestant or another. This is just an objective discussion. While we cannot stop anyone from posting in this thread and/or expressing their views - we would really appreciate it of you keep your comments free of abusive language towards the contestants and/or other forum members. Please do join us in the discussion and let us know your thoughts, but please refrain from contestant bashing. Thank you so much.

OK KB - I'm going to refer to Dolly's first innings only as far as I understand her motivations. I'll not speak about her behavior at all.

I think her introduction in the game was because the channel wanted to bring in some controversial members and create the drama. I remmeber they were trying to rope in Neetu Chandra and Veena together, as also Riya Sen and Ashmit together. Much the same way that they brought Payal and Rahul together in the previous season and MT and ST in this season. So where the channel's motive for bringing Dolly was crystal clear, what was not clear was that Dolly hsould be carrying the grudge from the last 5-6 years. If I'm not mistaken, that is indeed how old the Raja Dolly controversy is.

My first reading of Dolly was that she's an uncouth, semi-literate, big-mouth from a relatively poor background - all based on the language she'd used and I'm still not sure if I should revise that opinion, because she really did use that kind of language. To my mind the language a person uses is a true reflection of their character. Someone from a decent background would not be able to utter certain words, or thoughts, or mention certain actions in public, because right from their childhood these would be associated with social stigma.

Some things that I really like about her in her first stint - she abhorred physical contact between members of opposite sex. Compared to the rst of the household that came as a fresh breath. I watch the show with my parents, and really some of the actions of the housemates had either me or my father finding reasons to leave the room.

She was always well-covered. I like the dupatta or stole that she always carries. Speaks of a sense of decorum. She can laugh at herself. I loved the way she played pranks during the school task. It spoke volumes for a clear-hearted person. Only a person who has a clear mind and heart can mock himself/herself on national television.

That she is forthright, we all accept, I also liked the way she stepped in to clear the misunderstanding about what she said to Sara. She was so calm and clear in her mannerism there. I just wish that she could have carried the same attitude when it came to ST. And not not because I like ST, but I think that her behavior spoke volumes about her louder than what she was saying about ST.

ok part II coming up in next post.

Edited by prernazz - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

susan29 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
@ Some things that I really like about her in her first stint - she abhorred physical contact between members of opposite sex.

Thats why veena and ashmit telling her she was jealous she was married and couldnt flirt etc was in bad taste !!! 😡
Agree with you Susan.

But it was in bad taste not because Dolly objects to such licentious behavior, but because no well-brought up person would be talking about who they are sleeping with in public. Even a sex-worker wouldn't do that.

In India where even today married couples don't
even hold each others hands in the presence of their elders, how awful it was to watch the antics of these two. They were acting like they just invented sex.

I'm glad that they pointed out this salient difference between themselves and Dolly. It completely redeemed Dolly in my eyes. While she had occasional lapses where she resorted to street-side language, the behavior of these two was no better than animals who have no control over their sexual urges and no recognition of the environment they are in.
Dolly- Analysis Contd.

Dolly's second entry had me wondering for a while. I thought a leopard can't change its spots and she would be back to her old antics soon enough. However, the apology she made to Shweta - it takes a person with great moral fibre to own up to their mistakes and apologize, that too on national television - and her earlier apology to Sameer on the pehla salaam had me convinced that she had changed.

I didn't expect her to be bosom buddies with Sam and Shweta, but peaceful co-existence was and is possible as shown by her. In her second stint she has stayed away from controversy as far as possible. Yes she should not have mentioned Sara nominating Veena, but that was ok, it was bound to come out sooner or later.

She more than redeemed herself by not saying anything against Ashmit when Veena specifically asked her about it. To me that was a sign of a mature and balanced Dolly, who knew not to interfere in someone else's affairs. In fact, while accusations are flying against her of besmirching the characters of contestants, her restraint in not saying anything against Ashmit, stands testimony to the fact that she does not indulge in idle gossip.

The Dolly that I see now, seems to be a person, who would rather err on the side of caution - witness her insistence on following the diktat of BB to the letter and not allowing any interpretation towards lenience in.

She is fair-minded, and while she does tend to have a marked bias towards Khali, in all other respects she does not favor one person over the other.

But what I find most remarkable and appreciable about her is that new found self-restraint.

Ashmit had been baiting her for quite a while and she had been consistently ignoring him. Even during the fight, Ashmit's body language was threatening. No one esp. in India would stand that close to a woman and talk to her. Ashmit not only was physically provoking her, but also making those faces and weird sounds were all aimed at trying to get her to react. All this when he was clearly at fault. That she didn't react to the blatant provocation is commendable in my opinion. She has just won my heart and respect with the way she handled that entire episode.

Now as to why I think she should win this contest is that most people who came to the show have left after either exposing their true selves or with a few friends. Dolly on the other hand, came as someone who was hated, she has confronted her weakness and gone through a journey of self realization and emerged a victor. The transformation that Dolly has undergone in the last few weeks is what will be the making of her.

ST and Sam came as dignified people and in most cases have remained  so. There hasn't been a change in personality, no personal groW*H, no learning curve, nothing. They go from the show much as they entered it. Quite a few members are leaving with a worse image than they had while entering, and quite a few others have succeeded in becoming household names from virtual nobodies. But no one has had the personal groW*H, and journey like Dolly. And this is what makes her a winner in my eyes.
Edited by prernazz - 13 years ago
Damn the site is automatically converting "w t h" in "grow t h" to an expletive.

Now I can't warn the site about using filthy language can I?
res

Purva ....Thanks for creating a new topic for Dollwa.  I will write up something later 😛
Shizaru thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i was about to leave the forum as i have already said my goodnight.......🥱but i saw this by Purva and have to say.........yaar tussi great hoh!
and we keep missing each other here😔

hopefully wont be ship in the night tomorrow and interact live🤗
amardeep thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh so well written, exactly what I think about dolly...........so so well written......