Writers Corner

India-Forums

Writers Corner
Writers Corner

Story Writing Competition...*Results Link: 48* (Page 34)

GulaabiAakhein. IF-Sizzlerz
GulaabiAakhein.
GulaabiAakhein.

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 1:16pm | IP Logged

WOMEN

When I was 11 years old. I stayed in Delhi with my elder sister, my father and my mother. My chachi and Chacha stayed with us..t hey had a son,Arjun, who was one year elder to me... My grandparents came to visit me once a year... Everytime they came they got many gifts for us! But mostly for him.. I used to hate him.. he always teased me saying "everyone loves me more" and I couldnt answer to him.. I would go and complain to Ma. But she would come and scold me that I compare myself with my cousin. I defend myself by saying he started it. Ma slaps me in front of Arjun. "Be Quiet! And stop arguing." Why was I always made to be quiet.. why couldnt arjun be stopped.. or slapped.. everyone adored him.. No one liked me! I was a pain! Ma always screamed at me in the house. Sometimes I reply back.. That is the first time I felt being discriminated.

One morning I woke up at 6.. that was very unusual for me.. I never got up before 8! I went to my Ma's room.. I heard Ma talking on the phone with Masi.. She kept saying "Neha.. neha.. calm down.. all of us have to go through this.. A women's life Is not easy! We are inferior to men and will always remain.. Whatever happens..And dont think about it too much.." I didnt know how to react.. why were girls inferior.. what was wrong with us? What did every girl have to go through. It scared me.. I was already treated as if I was a curse to the family.. Dad never said anything to me.. he was silent. Mother always tells me to do house hold work.. When I ask arjun to help me he starts laughing telling me "these things are menat for girls.. Not us!!". Arjun never had to do any work. He used to play with his friends the whole day! I was forced to study.. ma's favourite line was ... "If you study well you will get married in a good house" Who cared about getting married. That evening I went to Ma and asked her.. "what do girls have to go through?" ma glared at me and so did chachi.. "Your too young to know all this!" replied ma.. sternly.. "I heard you talking to Masi" Smack.. another slap! "This girl is getting out of hands.." she announced "she has started to eavesdrop on elders conversations. I hated elder people. My sister used to tell me.. "never care about these elders.. They never understand us!" But I never listened to her... though I knew she was right! She was the only one who cared about me!

As I grew up I learnt much more about the discrimination between men and women.. I read in books and heard from elders.. especially my naani.. she had given birth to 4 daughters and a son.. My naani said "until A son is born in the family the family is incomplete." I always wondered why! I never understood why she kept saying that..what was the difference between a boy and a girl?  I  even asked ma.. but the answer never changed.. "you will come to know everything with time" Ma always taught me one thing.. "Keep Quiet.. and Bear everything! This is what is going to come in use later in life..." I never forgot that.. My life continued listening to relatives critisize me and tell me what to do.. Everyone told me what to do.. "You should sit more gracefully.." "No no.. dont eat like that!" "Oh please, Stop talking utter rubbish!" "You gotto learn how to keep shut!" "No dont play this game.. this is arjuns!" I felt very bad.. sometimes I felt like running away! Far away.. I always went to the park near my house and sat in a corner and cried.. It was the only time I got to do what I wanted to.. The rest of the time I was like a doll.. everyone taught me how to live! Literally.! One day when mother was scolding me I ran to dads room and hugged him.. he cakmed me down and showed me a shooting star.. I shut my eyes and wished for something.. later when dad provoked me to tell him what I had wished for I wtold him the truth.. "I wished I was A BOY" Dad said nonthing after that.. those words touched deep in his heart.. I realise the depth in it now.. I was so fed up of being a girl that I wanted to be a boy!

One day I and my bestfriend were discussing this topic! Then that time I learnt something from her.. she said "Look girl, You cant deny the fact that there is discrimination.. See for yourself.. God himself has discriminated male and female.. He has given Female pain in every phase of her life. The men.. they dont have any pain! They dont leave their parents.. they dont give birth to babies.. and many more things.. Why? Why so? That just shows that GOD himself created the discrimination!" "Then why do we pray to Goddess' ? Arent they discriminated to?" "I dont know.." was all my friend said.. I was deeply affected by the way the world was going.. I was nearly 16 and I used to see my father beat my mother and all she did was listen to him and bear him quietly! I felt bad for my mom.. but I always wished that only if she would have fought back.. only if she would have tried to fight.. but no... she didnt do anything.. She just bore the pain and the insult!

Today I am 42.. I have a daughter and a son.. They are twins..  I truly never understood the way the world moves.. But I have taught my daughter to stand up for herself.. Something my mother didnt teach me.. I taught her to fight for herself.. If my mother and all the mothers in the world would have fought for their 'girl' children then this world wouldnt seem to be hell for girls today! It is 2001 and till date there is discrimination between a boy and a girl child.. It hurts to see news about female infanticide and parents giving up their children only because 'she' is a girl.. What is the difference? Only because she cant take the family ahead.. only because she is like a dead end to the family name..? I dont think so.. Women have the power to beat men! They have the strength to bear all the pain and load but still smile and say "ill manage"  That is a Women.. A women is one who takes care of the whole house.. who works as a servant, loves as a lover, takes care as a wife and fights like a sister! And people think they are inferior to men! In what context? I dont know how much the world will change after me.. but I dont think  A women is weak! A women is much much stronger than a man is.. she can manage all the problems on her own and still smile and ensure everything is fine.. It is just that they need strength and confidence to stand up! And FIGHT! And always make sure they are treated on equal basis..Without a WOMEN there is No Men! Because it is women who give birth to them and women who take make their lives Beautiful.. This Is What A Woman Is!

**Woman must not accept; she must challenge.
She must not be awed by that which has been built up around her;
she must reverence that woman in her which struggles for expression.**

Hey Guys! Well I dont know if my OS made much sense.. This is something I strongly believe in.. many of you might think Im a feminist and all.. But trust me.. It still goes on in many parts! Im sure you'll know!

This is a topic on which I can discuss day and night.. It is very close to my heart! That is why I wrote on this.. Hope you guys like it!

This is very different from the kind of stories I write!

Plz Do comment!

Love,

Manjari

Edited by SajanRox11 - 30 December 2010 at 1:17pm

The following 54 member(s) liked the above post:

khizzinlwgeetmohit_rockstaranjali_34ruvypreitygal99MoNaYaRoXswahaszobshehammykhan358674sweety_urshsajanfan004rosecutieNirvrithimayur-ki-diwaniSwaNia_1saniya.xdbr_kmichiCrazyMSitzMYattitude_Arushi_sg-muskaancrazymayurianSwaNia_2SM_317-desiresoul-pixie_n..Ambika..SandCastle.Meera1101dreamer_dreamspreety88.SilentPrincesssariska_mnartikoolgurlsadufshruti_luvs_mskXSilentWishesX.VanishingDream..Enchanteur..KaSh-Maneet-FanNo_Comments-CreativeSoul--Priti11-samratrocksFaria.--Annu4MayUr--FleetingWishes.Levefelicitysmoak.aashizinmysteriousmilli--Mahima--

--softyy-- IF-Dazzler
--softyy--
--softyy--

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
manju..........nice os i'll vote for u...........

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

GulaabiAakhein.

felicitysmoak. IF-Stunnerz
felicitysmoak.
felicitysmoak.

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
awesome OS manju

GulaabiAakhein.

-CreativeSoul- IF-Sizzlerz
-CreativeSoul-
-CreativeSoul-

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
ClapClapClapClapClap
wow manji
u know this is a topic that is very close to my heart also
it is somrthing i can talk about all day
its not being feminest its just the reality
even today it happens
i dont know about u bbut in my house in a way it still does
as i get told by my mom that i should not talk loudly because a girl does not do that or i should sit a certin way many things my brothers are aloud and im not simpy because i am a girl my family is not like against women but respect them but these few thinks about girls exist world wide which i think need to go away
i love that u broght this topic up i can actully relate to this ff in many ways there are times where i wish that kash i was a boy then i b able to do all the stuff im not aloud to do i be able to  talk how i want to and sit anyway i feel like
There is something i would like to mention though it is just my belives yes i agree a women has to go through many pains a women has a pretty hard life but i do not belive god has made it like that its just what us humens have done i also belive then even a men has to go through alot its just they cant show that very well because as the stereo type goes a men cant cry he is mocho and strong he cant show his pain i belive that god made it equally challenging to be a men and women but as humens have changed that and we have created the world in such a way where women are discriminated
other then this was written very deeply and beutifully i agree that if a women is being discriminated then she needs to stand up and fight for her right because in the world like u said there will be no men without a women they both should have the same rights and equality in the world and when a women is not given that she needs to fight for her write
awsome os

love ya
tanzeel

Edited by hiiiiiiiiiii - 30 December 2010 at 2:33pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SwaNia_2SandCastle.Faria.GulaabiAakhein.

Faria. IF-Sizzlerz
Faria.
Faria.

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
Awesome Os manjari(SajanRox11)
really beautiful
loved it

Edited by fariaa70 - 30 December 2010 at 4:29pm

GulaabiAakhein.

SwaNia_2 IF-Rockerz
SwaNia_2
SwaNia_2

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 7:41pm | IP Logged
Manjari,girl, you touched a cord here.Superb..........simply superb. Why a feminist???????? What you have said is so true. Girls are always looked down upon, even in modern society.  The celebrations when a boy is born is complete opposite of when a girl is born even in urban India. I could go on and on on this topic.............it really is my favorite topic. Do write more such OS..........meaningful OS are always a pleasure to read.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SandCastle.GulaabiAakhein.

XSilentWishesX IF-Sizzlerz
XSilentWishesX
XSilentWishesX

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 7:57pm | IP Logged
Awesome OS Manjari! 
It is superb! 
The concept is great!
My vote goes for you!Thumbs Up

GulaabiAakhein.