Story Writing Competition...*Results Link: 48* - Page 3

Posted: 13 years ago

-EDITED-

Three Way Proposal

MaanEet OS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At that majestic moment, my impeccable prince bent down on the grassy ground to propose to me. A single diamond ring, an heirloom, was in his hand. He uttered those beautiful words, "will you marry me," and asked for my hand in marriage. Looking into his black eyes all that depicted significance was he and I.

My heart stopped as I stared helplessly into his dark eyes shining upon me with blessed luminosity.

I simply needed to accept his proposal, and then, I would be his forever.

Except...

My affluent boyfriend never bent down. The spotless, 10 Grand floor was too dirty to even step on. Instead he was sitting on the chair brought in by the grumpy custodian. The novel, expensive diamond ring was never his mother's unless you counted the conceited designer who viciously dictated her employees to painstakingly create her priceless treasure, soon to be bought by an opulent entrepreneur. 

And those three beautiful words?

They were spoken in such a hurried, hasty manner that the cameraman pleaded him to repeat it a little slower as the millions of viewers would not comprehend. He shouted at the cameraman, complaining about his busy schedule which the thoughtless cameraman was interfering with.

"Do your job! Can't you do your job?!" He bellowed.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Dev Khuranna," he apologized.

I heaved a sigh watching the overwhelming scene. My nerves were teasing me, causing the beads of sweat which trickled down my back. But my heart never missed a beat. My heart never impeded, especially to hear his superficial proposal. In fact, it beat steadily as if detached to this "business" proposal: a marriage agreement with immense profit and zero love.

I always believed that when you meet the man of your dreams, he would be the only one that existed. When he proposed for the first time, to make you his significant one, he would be the one person you see--not the edgy, fearful cameraman or the irritated assistant standing on the side, envious since it was you being proposed to when it was she who slept with him every night he claimed to be overloaded with work.

Yet, the saddest part of it all...

His eyes were never black; they were hazel and never shining with luminosity. He was far too robotic, too apathetic for such an emotional journey.

He was never the one I looked upon. My glazed eyes hovered over Dev towards my forbidden, clandestine love whose hypnotizing eyes were jet black, always radiating with lucidity towards me...only me. Maan was my significant one, the special one. I could read his thoughts, knew his secrets, embraced his flaws, supported his ambitions, and enamored his soul, my ultimate reverence.

"I fell in love with you," I whispered praying he could hear my words. He watched me, his expression changing into something peculiar, incomprehensible.

"I know you did," he said. His teeth gritted from impatience. "Will you say yes already? My hand is hurting. You know how essential my hand is. It's a multimillion dollar hand for god's sake!"

He began to laugh haughtily. At last, distracted, I averted my gaze from Maan. I stared at him with disgust, shaking my head immediately.

"I can't. I don't love you," I spoke.

"Geet, I do not understand you at all. You just said--

"I love Maan. I've always loved him." My voice was breaking apart, piece by piece. Slowly and painfully, I was losing my confidence as I explored the horror of my own unexpected reality.

"Maan?! You love my worst enemy? That selfish, arrogant, cheating jerk?!"

Gasps were diffused into air, surrounding the ponderous atmosphere. The skittish cameraman stopped filming and finally looked at us, as did others.

"Why'd you stop filming? This is the story of the year! Record it!" The news reporter told him gesturing the cameraman to turn the camera on.

How could I forget? Maan was the business adversary of Dev. Maan was forbidden in my book because I was supposedly dating his childhood nemesis and now, business rival.

"How could you? You inconsiderate, shameless woman! How dare you?!" He lunged at me.

If truth was shameless, then I was a shameless being.

I closed my eyes, prepared to take any violent blow that would strike me. As long as it was to declare my excruciating truth, I was ready for anything.

But I didn't feel wounded. I felt untouched. I opened my eyes to see Maan shielding me. He was slapped across his cheek, which glowered scarlet red. He looked behind to make sure I was okay. His ineffable expression did not change from before, instead it grew bitter. Maan took my hand in his and brushed past Dev who stood in astonishment.

His grip was tight, solid in its painful grasp. I winced as he held it even tighter. When we were in a clear space without the presence of a stranger, he threw me to the wall.

"Why did you do it? What were you thinking?" Maan inquired, pinning me against the red coated wall. I sank into the carpeted wall, closing my eyes to escape from his discomforting glare.

"Because I love you." I said softly. "It's okay if you do not feel the same. I was willing to face the consequences when I said no."

"He could give you future!" He clamored. My heart skipped a beat. I shook my head, opening my eyes in submission.

"What future? Money, fame?"

"Yes! Isn't that what you always wanted?" He interrogated. Maan grasped onto my arm, pushing it into the wall. I cringed from the unpleasant sensation shooting through my arm. I grew breathless as he disregarded an inch of distance between us. He was closer now.

"If I wish for anything, it would be Maan," I confessed. He held his glare for a second more before heaving a sigh. I felt his heavy breath against my neck. I swallowed from anxiety.

"Let me go, Maan. I want to be alone," I whispered. He complied eagerly, now adding a great distance between us. He did not speak anymore though I looked towards him hopefully.

It was clear, his answer to my proposal: no...probably, never. Rebuffed, I ran away as swiftly as possible. I had told him that his refusal would not move me with sorrow. I would hold my indifferent manner simply the same way, but I lied unknowingly.

My heart was hurting to such an agonizing point that even I could not differ from what was right and wrong. All I could feel was the desire to leave him before he could see my ugly state. The Geet he knew never cried, bawled in front of him like a feeble child. I was the impassive, acrimonious woman who he coped with unwillingly every hapless day of his life.

How could I have hoped he would fall in love with me as I fell for him? He could not be so weak or foolish to love an outcast.

I ran into the bus even though I was incognizant of where the bus was taking me. At this point, I did not care. I glanced at the bus driver who gave me odd looks. He must be intrigued by my pink eyes, red nose, and wet complexion.

"Thank you," I told him sarcastically before taking a seat in the back of the bus where no one seemed to bother me. As the bus began to move, I watched the rush of the speedy vehicles and fell asleep leaning against the window. I heard the bus halt for the next stop. In my head, I calculated the time to get off...the last stop...whenever...wherever it was.

The bus moved again, but then, it abruptly screeched to a pause. Surprised at the suddenness, I hit my head against the window.

"Ouch," I groaned. "This is so uncomfortable."

Awkwardly, I adjusted to the solid pillow again only to feel a warm hand on my neck pulling me to the opposite side. My head rested on a passenger's broad, muscular arm.

"There, more comfortable right?" He asked. I attempted to lift up my head but failed as he pushed my head down again. "It's me. Just relax. You've faced a tiresome day."

Maan. I smiled. This wasn't the first time he lend me his shoulder. He had done the exact same gesture before when I had been rejected for a promotion of C.E.O of the Hospitality Department for Khuranna Constructions. I remember Dev telling me he would make sure to give the Board of Directors something "extra" to assure my position as the C.E.O. Blinded by power, I had agreed to him immediately. That was the first time Maan scolded me for falling into such evil ploy, bribery. He told me his brother may be taking part in such illicit crime, but I should not be his accomplice. Maybe that is why they held such deep aversion for each other: they never saw eye to eye, they were rivals since birth.

However, nothing proved essential at that very moment as I lay so close to Maan. He was all that signified. Maan had showed me the light I had forgotten existed.

Now that I found him, the light was the very substance I could acknowledge and the darkness was the very matter I could relinquish willingly for he gave me the strength to persevere.

Just like today.

"It's nice. Lying in your arms, like this," I mumbled drowsily.

"I know. You once told me."

"But you should not be here."

"Why is that?" He questioned.

"You do not love me. You should not care." I muttered as I slowly drifted off to sleep, but instantly, I awoke when his shoulder shook from his chuckles.

"I have loved you always. You never realized," he whispered. I felt his hand run through my open hair. He pushed off the strand of hair which fell lazily onto my forehead.

"You have?" I inquired lifting up my head. His eyes were twinkling mischievously. "Why did you say nothing to me then?"

"Out of anger. You threw away your life for me. How can I live--

"He and you are the same. You have money and fame too. I threw--

"You threw away your dignity. Do not fool me, Geet. You are not as selfish as you claim to be. I have fallen in love with a selfless, altruistic beauty. I am enchanted. Even the darkest side of you cannot trick me."

I giggled. "Have I?"

"And more," he whispered soothingly in my ear before kissing my forehead. "I am in love, Geet Handa, with you."

Maan kissed my lips next, teasingly biting my bottom my lip. He requested entrance with his tongue and I playfully rebuffed. And soon, his aggressive nature awakened: his hand encircling my waist, caressing it just right so I would be too lost to distinguish. I moaned against his lips as he grinned against mine. He would not spare me until he received his wish. He brought me closer, diminishing the little distance between us.

"Marry me," he said. My mouth fell open at his proposal and he won his share of the game. The deeper he kissed me, the harder my heart beat.

I could not make the goosebumps disappear nor did the shivers fade away. His ministrations were causing me to gain abnormality in my ability to rationalize, but the pleasure he gave me left me less than resistance.

In other words, he was sending me to an enthralling bliss of a forever Maan.

He slightly squeezed my waist making me gasp against my will. He laughed against my lips while his fingers rode up my spine. Although he barely touched my skin, I could feel my skin heat up from his impending touch. Maan's hand rested against the back of my neck. He lifted up my head so I could look at him.

"You haven't answered me."

I opened my heavy-lidded eyes to meet his somnolent, mesmerizing ones. I smiled gently.

"I would be a fool to say no."

"Then say yes." He cajoled.

"Yes, I will be yours." I promised.

"You are mine, Geet."

Edited by WhiteFantasy - 13 years ago
Originally posted by Sajan_Ekta

Mehak,
              I just had a query that we have to post an ' OS ' or ' Story of 2-3 parts ' !? 😕   I have also sent you a PM regarding it.

Thanks,
 Ekta

Hey, i have replied to it.

you can post anything u wish for, but it must be complete.

All the best.
ur story just touched my heart...
awwwwwesome
thanxxx 4 d pm
Originally posted by Pari_Rinki

Res.

Tista.

It takes a lot of prayers to spot the light of a firefly next to a flood of light.

-

She was caught in the crowd, the crowd of selfish people who make up three fourth the population of this world.

She had never known her biological family. The one that enslaved her now was all she had, all she loved. Their house, her home.

-

She was a perfectly quiet person, bound to be quiet, devoid of speech.

And so, she queitly performed all the tasks that piled upon her one after the other. She was sincere. She was patient. She served the family, without conditions, in sickness and health alike. She silently bore the agony when the mistress lashed her soft skin for not having put enough salt in the curry.

She worshipped LOVE.

She drank all her tears with a belief that someday, her prayers would be accepted, someday she too shall be loved.

-

Of all the tasks she performed, there was one that she truely had her heart in - Taking care of the orchids.

She sowed the seeds with utmost care, as if she was laying the foundation of her own child. She watered the green like she was nurturing her baby. She even sang to them, her mind did, her mind sang beautiful songs of love.

And so she ended the most joyous hour of her day with a tender kiss on a bud. The very next morning, a colourfull floral bliss awaited her.

Sometimes a butterfly showed her the path to this new born, else she found it on her own. Once she did so, her ecstasy knew no bounds. This joy healed all her wounds and her beautiful lips curved into a smile, a very heavenly one.

There definately was some special charm in her.

But it was too suppressed to be noticed by the 'ordinary'

She had just one dream, to be loved by the people whom she loved the most.

-

An old lady in her nineties was the eldest being in that crowd. She was paralysed: No speech, no deed, just thoughts.

Her son, the master and his wife, the mistress of the house. The so called keepers of the crowd.

They had three of their blood and one more, Tista, the girl I have been describing.

The three of them were so engrossed in solving the puzzles of their own life, that they took no notice of each other, let alone Tista.

The crowd shared the same roof, but looked through different doors, unaware of what is happening in the next. Only Tista knocked on each one, fullfilled the orders, delivered love and left for the next. Empty handed, yet content.

-

One day while clearing the mess in her eldest brother's room, she spotted a suitcase full of crisp notes. At once she knew something was wrong.

When the young man entered the room, he saw her standing, the suitcase in her hand. He snatched it from her and asked her to leave. She signalled him a question mark. He refused to answer. She signalled him again.

This time he rebuked her with a glass lamp, he threatened her to keep mum about her discovery.

Pieces of glass pierced her skin while blood rolled down her arm. She ran as fast as she could, ran to the orchids, ran with pain screaming in her mind.

She passed the room of the old woman whose inability to help her was perhaps shown by her wet cheeks.

Finally she stopped running, stopped at the sight of the flower. But this time, she flashed no smile, instead her eyes let down a stream of tears, which fell on her wound, hurting her more. She was not angry. She was not pained much by her hand. There was a deeper wound within, the fact that her brother had chose the wrong way, the dark way.

Inspite of knowing it all, she could not do one bit to show him the light. To him she was insignificant. Perhaps she didn't even exist in his world.

-

She shut her eyes in prayer. She worshipped LOVE.

She belived in LOVE there is LIGHT.

Life is a beautiful journey. Love, a priceless possesion. As long as you feel it, the way ahead is kissed with sunshine. When this feeling diminishes in our heart, our path becomes dimly lit, confusing what is real, leading us the wrong way, the dark way.

-

The day ended with a phone call. The mistress answered it. What she heard left her speechless, emotionless. She sent for her first born immediately. But in less than a minute the entire crowd gathered in the living room, for the first time in many years. The old lady was brought too. Tista listened from the kitchen. The police had called to enquire about him. He was a suspect.

Tista entered the room with tea and snacks for all. A faint smile rolled up on her pale face at the sight of everyone together,trying to find a solution,trying to look through every single door in unison . She found everyone staring at her. The first thought that crossed her mind was that maybe she would be asked to join them.

But fate had something else in store for her.

They stated their ultimate order. They wanted her to take the blame on herself. Before they could state other conditions, they were taken aback. Taken aback by that heavenly smile on her face.

She nodded a yes and signalled that she had a condition too.

Without waiting for approval she stated that the crowd would have to hold hands, through the tides of times, in the days to come, in LOVE.

That night Tista's dream came true.

-

The next morning she was arrested.

She silently left behind a strong message and lots of regrets , emotions.

When she turned around to bid farewell to the crowd, she didn't find it anymore. What she found was a 'family'. She turned around to see a home.

SHE worshipped LOVE.

-

I stand by her grave today. I come here everyday with her family.

We bring her a floral gift of an orchid.

We sing to her ,our mind does.

WE worship LOVE.

That was a not-exactly-a-story but yeah I thought it was good & posted it here, its my hard work, I hope you like it :)

OMG OMG This Story Just Made Me Lost Into It...God KnowS I Am Mesmerized Really!
Thank U Sooo Much For PM!!!
Love,
Annie

I have a doubt. . . Can we post an OS as the story?. . . . Or should it be real? . . Do let me know soon . .  I'll start writing then!
Edited by -Sharmila- - 13 years ago
Thanks a lot Annie, go like it too 😆

Being Friendless

Anvita's pov-

Life seems to be a stranger. Actually, I don't really know what life does, and how it does. I mean, I have never been the expecting types; all I wanted was the same things that common people love, but I guess I was wrong.

Who knows what changes occur. I had my own share of experiences, my own happy as well as sad moments. Well, moving away has never been an issue, but I had been excited. Excited to move on and make new friends. There was pain of loosing the older ones, but more happiness to find new ones.

Happiness shone in my eyes,

Dreams soared in the sky.

I had pretty much expectation,

I had a firm determination.

I still remember the first day, when I stepped in this school, with thousands of emotions, expectations, dreams and aspirations of making new friends. But maybe it's the law of nature that one can't remain happy for long. Surely, I made some friends, but they were fake. Whenever I said that I am alone , everybody used to say that they are there with me , And I used to think that they are right , but no , they always proved me wrong !

I remember how I have cried due to the games played on me. I showed that it didn't matter to me, while it did hurt me. I am a human for God sake! I have emotions too; I just bottle up everything inside me. They say that I am pretty melodramatic and fake, but I am not. It's they who don't consider me worthy of their friendship.

Who said that I was strong,

I was vulnerable and wrong.

To consider them as my friends,

Who cared for nothing except fashion trends.

It's been four year in this school, but I still aspire for a true friend. A friend who would understand me, who can tolerate me, who can listen to me every time, who gives me a shoulder to cry, who can inspire and encourage me, and mostly, a friend who likes me the way I am.

I have been through various ups and downs. They gave me a title which I don't want to disclose just because I made friends who were of my age group. I didn't want to be alone. I wanted to have a set of fellow mates, whom I can call friends. They played various games on me, made me cry so hard that my eyes were red.

Times and times I have cried,

With no one to console me,

Still I am waiting for someone,

Who can love me.

Many a times, I have even slept weeping. It's not that I can take it anymore. It's just more than enough. And then they have the audacity to say to me that I should not take it to my heart. Why? Why do they think that they can walk all over me like anything? I mean, I know that I let them, but still, they have no right to do so.

I am going to change. Change a bit for my own good. I have to change, but still I don't change. God knows why, but I can never change. I am the same old Anvita. Hell! I don't know why I can't change for once. I mean, when I would get tired of being hurt.

I don't know why, but I still share my feelings with people around me and trust them blindly. Then they break my trust and laugh at my own face! How easy it is to form groups and say that you are not a part of our group, but how difficult is it to hold back emotions.

Holding back emotions is so not nice,

You have to lie and fake pose a smile.

It pains you to be like that,

Where you have to bear all bad.

It is really difficult to fake a smile in front of everyone and post that everything is great, while it hurts like hell. It really hurts when someone ignores you, just because you are alone and 'un-cool' according to them! I hate myself for spoiling my relationship with my teacher, just because they called me "teacher's pet."

They just used me as a puppet in their hands and I did what they said. I thought that one day they would love me, but, I was mistaken. Hearts of stones don't bear fruits of love. Who loves to sit in the class alone, with no one to talk to? None.

They just used me as a puppet in their hands and I did what they said. I thought that one day they would love me, but, I was mistaken. Hearts of stones don't bear fruits of love. Who loves to sit in the class alone, with no one to talk to? No one.

It's really strange that when your heart breaks,

It is only you who can feel the pain.

Others can never hear the noise,

It just breaks and shatters you inside.

My class boys treat me as untouchable, and make faces at me. I don't belong to lower class people, and as far as looks are concerned, I have a fair skin, I just wear a spectacle. According to my sister, I am the most beautiful girl in the world, which I am not, but I am not ugly.

I just wonder that why do they hate me so much. I have never asked for love in return, but then, they don't even care about my sentiments. What is my fault? They don't even bother telling me my own mistake! I hate them; still I need someone's shoulder to rest my head on. I need someone's ears to listen to me. I want a friend.

Why am I alone? Why? What's my damned fault? According to me, I think I have never done or thought bad for anyone then why is it me, who has to listen to all this rubbish and bear all this? Everybody has questions but nobody has answers. Yeah, quiet filmy, but still, I am alone and want someone.

Whenever you are sad or low,

Just remember the memories that made you glow.

The search for yourself begins at home,

You heart is all the answers dome.

P.S.- The last two poetic quotes are from my sister's "I wasn't supposed to love" and I have used it with her permission. So kindly don't blame me for plagiarism cause it's written by my own sister.

P.P.S. - This is the first time i am writing something, so kindly review it and make my day.

Please review this and make me happy. And kindly press the "LIKE" tab.

Love,

Aashi

Edited by ...Aashi... - 13 years ago
sweety i reallly like ur story ousome work....
no words.... speechless!!..... lovd it!