FF: New York times with Maan&Geet Thread 3 05/03

Posted: 13 years ago

FF: New York Times

Thread Status: Updated on May 01st IST hours          

Keep checking for I'm on a roll and in the mood to write another 2 updates.

People, penning down something that I have been mulling over for a long time'Let me know if this one has any future. It will be a short one to my knowledge.

I'm giving some basic introductions to the story line, characters and any change in personalities to all our existing Geet characters.

Geet Khurana:  From Hoshiyarpur, married at 18 to Dev Khurana. Currently in Toronto Canada. She is strong,  ziddi, very positive and good at what she does  be it taking care of the house or her higher education. Geet has managed to finish her studies after coming to Toronto with the help of Dev. She currently has a MS in Information systems. It's been 5 years since her marriage to Dev and she is currently contemplating upon a job offer .  Geet and Dev's marriage has been that of any other regular marriage with the usual ups and downs.

Maan Singh Khurana:  Eldest of the Khurana siblings. He is currently 28 and is single based out of Manhattan, NY. MBA from a very reputed business school in US and works as senior manager in a Financial company in Manhattan as well. Maan lives alone in the penthouse of a 25 story building. He is the go to guy for all issues. He keeps to himself and rules any meetings he walks into. Maan has no need to make a living as he is one of the heirs of the Khurana empire. Rich, handsome, and available makes him irresistible for all' ranging from aunty admins to young interns in his office.

Dev Khurana: Owns a small IT placement firm. His business has been average and off late has been facing issues with the new H1B rules. Dev  respects Geet for where she has reached from being a small town girl. Dev doesn't want Geet to join his firm and wants her to make a life for herself.

Nayantara: Currently in Toronto and also owns a successful IT placement firm.

Savitri Devi: Maan's Daadima and only other family after his sibling. She stays in Delhi and manages all the other businesses of the Khurana empire. She frequently visits Maan in NY.

Yash: He is another smart and good looking guy who works in the same firm as Maan, but in the IT division.

Meera: Works in the same office as Maan along with Yash in the IT division.

Nakul: Maan's help at home. Forced to come along with Maan to US by Daadima.

Now the character tie ups and more info'

Dev and Naintara are partners as Dev's consultants are given opportunities with multi nationals through Nayantara's firm. Dev has always had a thing for successful, independent and rich women. He wants to make his company big by partnering with Nayantara's firm.

Maan works with Yash and Meera as they help Maan get to all data needed for his executive decisions for the company. Yash and Meera also live in separate apartments in the same 25 story building as that of Maan. Of course they live in the 600sq ft apartments which are way smaller than the 2000 sq ft penthouse in which Maan lives in. Even though they all live in the same building, the relationship between Maan and the others is very professional.

Yash and Meera are good friends. They fight all the time. They hang out together as well in the Newyork pubs. It's their dream job and they are very happy with what they have in life right now living the single life.

Geet and Meera have been friends since their childhood and she is the only friend Geet has abroad. Of course Geet has her circle in Toronto, but Meera is the only one close to her heart. Geet has got an offer with the same company as Maan's, in the IT division. Her role will be that of a Junior Analyst. She will be in the same team as Yash and Meera. Meera helped Geet get the job by passing on her resume to the HR.

Currently Geet is contemplating on taking up the job offer in Manhattan as it will be a long distance relationship if she moves from Tornoto. Dev very much wants her to take up the job.

Maan is a nobody in New York and it all changes whenever he comes to India. He prefers to stay away from all the media and news. At the moment Maan is in India visiting Daadima and also visting the offshore vendor of his company.

I'm thinking of narration from both Geet and Maan's perspective.  Some parts will be from Geet's perspective and some from Maan's. Lets play with it and I hope I will be able to tap into your creativeness if mine goes dry...so please please comment and give me the thumbs up if you want to see how the story unfolds.

Index

Part3: 17th Floor Gym 
Part4: My First Assignment
Part5: 
A day in the life of a Jr Analyst
Part6: 
Saturday musings...
Part7: 
Hot Chocolate?
Part8: 
Nostalgic...A walk in central park
Part9: 
Monday...not Maanday
Part10: 
Its Official
Part11: 
To be or not to be...
Part12: 
Hoshiyarpur to Toronto...
Part13: 
Chath pe aa sake te ho?
Part14: 
Vegas Baby!
Part15:
 Cap ou pas Cap..(Game or not!) 
Part16: 
Classic case of self preservation...
Part17: 
Something for my secret stash... 
Part18: 
Penny wise and pound foolish...
Part19: 
House trouble...
Part20: 
Flea Market...
Part21: 
Sunday brunch...
Part22: 
Bed Bath and Beyond
Part23: 
The Crossover at Canyon
Part24: 
Fire and Ice
Part25: 
An open book...
Part26: 
Cupcake, candle and starlight...
Part27: 
Sweet Nothings...
Part28: 
Mars and Venus
Part29: 
The severe case of Mono...
Part30: 
Project J
Part31: 
A breath of fresh air
Part32: 
Pink slip.
Part33: 
Hazy boundaries...
Part34: 
House Arrest
Part35: 
Wild life observer
Part36: 
Life's undo button
Part37: 
O re Piya...
Part38: 
My frozen dinner wali
Part39: 
Alleyway by the dock.
Part40: 
Keepsake
Part41: 
Bridge to bliss.
Part42: 
Only a heartbeat away...
Part43: 
A game of roulette
Part45: Open Sesame.
Part46: Pandora
Part48: To lanka...
Part53: Deliverence
Part55: Live bridges
Part59: Event horizon
Part60: 
New Genesis
Part61: Sliding doors
Part65: Nirvana
Part67: Panacea
Part71: Mayday
Part74: Word power
Part76: Family court
Edited by 6thElement - 12 years ago

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your third thread!

CONGRATULATIONS! :-D 🥳

I'm soo proud and happy for you!
CONGRATZ!!!!!!!!!! So happy new thread is in Geet Forum!!!!!!! YAY!!! Thread number 3....Here we come!!! 

You Rock BABE!!!!
Merry X-mas to you and all the other readers of this amazing story!

Happy holidays, peeps!

Congratulations on the 3rd thread.....You totally deserve it!
Edited by -pixie- - 13 years ago
Congrats Hasini !!!!

We need X'mas special update 😊😊😊😊
Yippieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thread 3

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Merry Christmas to Hasini and all the readers of New York Times😊
And Congratulations for the new thread😊
Hello Everyone,

Merry Christmas.

This comment is in regards to Sweet Coco's Post on Hasini's Thread 2, Page 148. I m going to cut n paste that below...

Originally posted by 6thElement

Originally posted by sweet coco

Merry Christman everyone...still got another 4 hours to go, but I wanna to wish everyone on this amazing thread very prosperous seasonal greetings and happy holidays guys!!

Thanks Hasini for this beautiful present...this awesome and brilliant FF!!! It's snowing right now and I keep thinking of all the white and snow metaphors and analogies you creativity and brilliantly used!!!

Merry Christmas to all....🤗

No snow here in the bay area...

But I'm singing right now....

Deck the halls with boughs of holly...tra la la..laaaaa la la la....

Tonight I will wait for Santa as the clock strikes 12.00...

Hope he fills all our stockings with good tidings and Vanilla cheer as the north star shines high in the sky....

OMG!! All day today I spent shopping for gifts.... procrastination at its best..that's ME!! And it was snowing from 8 am to now and still going...hated walking from the stores to my car and that too with a zillion bags!!! UGHHHH!!! That will happen to me!!

BTW: Do share what you got/r getting for Xmas!!!!

Another BTW: We should all post are New Year's resolutions here...would make for some fun discussion!!!

---------------------------------------

New Year is just around the corner n I thought I would post my New Year's Resolution....as per Sweet Coco's suggestion....

• I want to be true to myself!

How am I planning to do that? 

By shedding my masks, bringing down the wall that engulfs me and stops me from taking risks just because I am scared, afraid, fearful, by embracing my shadow self and by letting that ray of love, hope, faith n belief that the Universe is sending out to me.

Edited by Water. - 13 years ago
congrats for the new thread and merry christmas
congrats for yr new thread....... 👏