Overwhelming negativity is killing this show

Archanafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Not only does it have fresh faces and gifted actors, Tere Liye could have risen to something higher than what it is now.

I am disappointed at how unbalanced the story line is, how there are gaping holes in the plot and the inequality between the numbers of heels and the faces in the show.

It never ends for Taani, the present chaos is brought about by her having a private, confidential chat with her mom, but Mouli happens to overhear it. So, now its Taani's fault even though her mom clarified everything to Anurag. He still looks at Taani like she killed his pet rabbit and then spat on it.

There are good times and bad times in every show, but when the balance gets disturbed by scripting-writing that's not the best in the world, you start to lose viewers and the show then dies a slow death.

This see-sawing in the plot is very disturbing and distracting.

One scenario that made no sense and shouldn't have been interjected in the first place:

Robi (who brought us much needed comic relief) and Mouli are suddenly separated, Mouli breaks up with him because he didn't know he had fathered a child way back when.

We all know that this couple had a fan following together, without each other, you have lost that section of your viewers.

Anurag has a bad case of poisoned ears and will believe any BS about the woman he loves and has proposed to. So, when the main male protagonist has issues with Taani's innocence, it makes the viewer cringe with disappointment.

Everything is Taani's fault and no one defends her, and even she doesn't speak up that what she was telling her mom was OVERHEARD by Mouli, she didn't TELL anyone except her mom and therefore kept her promise. Her suitor and future husband also fails to bear this in mind even though he was specifically told.

It's all Taani's fault and no one even thinks that Robi should be at least admonished about having zipperitis. Neither parent has even yelled at him?

It is no joke that a child has come into the world because of his mistake and we haven't seen him wanting to hold his own child even once, or kiss it goodbye before he left. But Taani is told off by each member of the family one by one and she just stands there, taking it all in and with her silence, validating their lies.

He then has the gall to give her love for Anurag a "bad-dua" before he leaves, even though she saved his butt when he turned thief. Sab bhool gaya?

Makes me sick and I think I'll be taking a break from this show. Bad writing...though I'm sure the writers are trying their best.

But it should be better, innovative more appealing, more gripping with new ideas and a swift pace.

We all know by now that Anurag will never get better, Taani's dream of a happy married life will never come true, and the end of the show will seem like a big waste of time because the hero/heroine will never be happy or even meet. Our time seems wasted. And hey, our time as your viewers is valuable. Life is short.

Mouli and Tap are married but sent away? Doesn't make sense.

Would have made more sense, if they would have stayed in that house, and Robi would not have left, and Jonaki would try her charms on Robi but failed miserably. Could have gotten some good epis out of that alone, including the tension between Robi, Mouli and Tap. But we lost that chance.

Change the ending NOW, which is totally negative from where we're at right now. If we know ahead of time that it will all end in disaster, what's the point in tuning in?

You MUST change the ending to a more acceptable, happier ending, the world is grief-stricken anyway, why add to it when we're supposedly watching "entertainment" which is supposed to lift us up and out of the doldrums?

Give your audience something to look forward to, make the male lead stand up for Taani or we lose respect for him. He should be her protector, not her accuser. Remember, Taani lost her father at a young age, so she will look for constancy, understanding and maturity in her spouse.

Make Taani bold enough to at least attempt to leave the town and take a break after all this humiliation, instead of saying, here, pile some more BS on me, I can take it, I'm a doormat, wipe your muddy shoes on me. I ain't sayin' a word.

Then after a while, after she's famous as a singer, bring the couple back into each others lives in a classy, elegant but surprising way, where the audience will go, wow, now that's something we never thought would happen! Instead of, geez, pass the last box of Kleenex, will ya?

Aaj bhi ruladiya? Humko bhi aur Taani ko bhi?

Edited by Archanafan - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
^THAT right there👏 AMAZING post...completely agree with each and every word

I am hating how Robi gets blamed for NOTHING...and he's the damn father of the child and poor Tani is blasted front right left and center....HELLO where the hell is the logic in that!! I'm also disappointed in how Onu's behaving in this situation...but in his defense...he is emotionally incapable of handling a huge loss, so his situation is sort of forgiven

In 2 weeks they RUINED 3 amazing characters....Robi, Mauli and Taposh.......ruined them beyond repair....all three of them are simply getting on my nerves now

for me I am contemplating giving up on the show altogether and forget about it...but my love for the lead pair stops me..... I just hope they end this track as soon as possible but that seems highly unlikely.......until then I am watching the show ONLY for Harshad and Anupriya......not Tani and Anurag because all hopes are gone for them now😭

my conclusion-Vikas Gupta and Sandeep whats-his-name should rot in hell😡 for ruining my TL😭 sorry KDMHMD fans...I am hating Vikas Gupta to the core😡

Originally posted by: Archanafan

Change the ending NOW, which is totally negative from where we're at right now. If we know ahead of time that it will all end in disaster, what's the point in tuning in?

You MUST change the ending to a more acceptable, happier ending, the world is grief-stricken anyway, why add to it when we're supposedly watching "entertainment" which is supposed to lift us up and out of the doldrums?

Give your audience something to look forward to, make the male lead stand up for Taani or we lose respect for him. He should be her protector, not her accuser. Remember, Taani lost her father at a young age, so she will look for constancy, understanding and maturity in her spouse.

Make Taani bold enough to at least attempt to leave the town and take a break after all this humiliation, instead of saying, here, pile some more BS on me, I can take it, I'm a doormat, wipe your muddy shoes on me. I ain't sayin' a word.

Then after a while, after she's famous as a singer, bring the couple back into each others lives in a classy, elegant but surprising way, where the audience will go, wow, now that's something we never thought would happen! Instead of, geez, pass the last box of Kleenex, will ya?

Aaj bhi ruladiya? Humko bhi aur Taani ko bhi?

this whole part.....completely 100% agreed....esp the part in bold👏
Edited by Tani91 - 13 years ago
omiraja thumbnail
mauli/robbie could have made a very cute couple what mouly did was sick, he accepted her with his past, but this selfish girls was looking for an excuse to leave, since that selfish horrid tapash told her he loves her, but to top it all once again ekta has reverted to her old tricks ruining relationships

the lady has just lost the plot & im praying soon the channels should boycot her thrash of shows, nothing new break lovers, make one psycho same ghisa pita plots, nothing refreshing

i had hope for something fresh when she refused that horrid tapu & he looked like a circus clown in that groom gear & chose roby i thought cool we will get to see some cute & beautiful romantic stuff, but ekta couldnt digest that until she didnt mess it up, now never want to see that horrid low life mouly she is a disgrace & 2 faced psycho any romance between her & joker & im going to burst out laughing
IndigoBlues thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
⭐️ That was the most amazing piece of constructive criticism I've read so far..so hats off to you for presenting your theories as nicely as you could..(don't worry.your anger is justified...😆)

But yeah..I would like to say one thing about Anurag...in today's world..many people-not just men, but women too, find themselves in a situation wherein they have to choose between believing family..or the love of their lives....and while anyone would say 'Believe her/him, she's the girl/boy you love for goodness' sake!!!'  it's actually quite hard..on one side you have your psycho family, who for all their vampishness still raised you throughout your life, educated you, fed you, gave you clothes, shelter, etc, etc....and on the other side you have the love of your life who was your constant source of emotional support-and perhaps a better one than your family...(a definite clincher when it comes to TL)..what do you choose?

I feel CV's can exploit this potential life-changing dillmena..but i guess they won't and will opt for Anu listening quietly to bad stuff about Taani...🤔 when I know that his character is not as weak and/or mistrusting as it is made out to be...(They seem to have forgotten Anu left his house when Taani was accused of switching Ananya's pills..🤔)
Edited by IndigoBlues - 13 years ago
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
@omiraja if you hate the "trash" shows so much....why are you watching it??🤔

I never understand you Ekta haters?? why watch her shows when you know they give you high levels of stress and anxiety?....ever heard of IGNORE
Edited by Tani91 - 13 years ago
Soaps1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I agree there is way too much negativity in the show now ... wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much that its not real anymore  ... but one thing that is constant about the show till date is Onu and Tani's relationship and them doing it all for Tere Liye ... i hope with the upcoming track of anannya's death it won't be ruined ... but so far Onu has kept Tani above all but with anannya's death and roby already gone he will be faced with a tough choice ... when your parents have just lost a kid it is really not possible to abandon them to go live happily with your love, is it? But till date except in subodh jealousy track Onu has always believed and supproted tani and stood up for her, in that track he was confused about his own feelings and scared to loose tani that drove him crazy and he had that outburst at tani ... otherwise Onu has always stood up for tani and its their relationship which is intact till date that makes the show worth while to watch despite all the negativity .... but obviously with the CVs  can't guarantee anything about future
nanda_gopa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Archanafan, your analysis of the show is right on! This show had such great potential. But it has become tiring and the negativity is killing us fans.
deeps07 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
wonderful post...⭐️
as everyone says...each and every line are so true....u just put all our frustrations into real apt words....
there needs to be something positive and totally unexpected amidst all the negativity that would keep us hooked on the show....
i see no uncommon things in the current track....only that this track was least expected by me...
i always thought TL has a total different perspective and it was true too..until this so-called new twists started taking place and everything got so messed up......

Edited by deeps07 - 13 years ago
Love.Karantacks thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
wow tht was amazing.
while i was reading i kept on sayin' (omg i totally agree)
i agree with  ur every single point, its just so true.
this show is no more exciting, thrilling anymore. too much negativity.
tani's is alone, no one defends her, and her lips are seeled; she doesnt say anything.
& i just heard tht tanu are not married 😲
i just cant watch this show anymore !
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I love love LOVED reading ur post!!👏 You are a brilliant critique! It's like i could hear your voice clear through every sentence you wrote😆 And saying "I Agree" after each one like saying Amen after prayers😆

Agree with every single word you said, basically the balance in the story has disappeared, poof! 😕 The previous track, TaAnu's misunderstanding track was depressing as well, but it was handled REALLY well. It fetched great TRPs too, so I don't know why the new CVs don't want to follow the same trend. There was just NO transition from previous track to this track, every negative stuff they could think of, they just dumped it in ALTOGETHER abruptly! It doesn't even fit with the story, nor the characters. The only supposedly "comic" person who's left is jonaki, who doesn't have any comic timing!

Shekhar always has been a MASTER at having double standards. But I am done with talking about how the other characters have been so inconsistent recently, so I am just gonna let saif talk😳

Right now even I am taking a break from the show btw😆 I am PRAYING, crossing my fingers CVs read this post of yours & actually THINK about what they are doing, I know I am hoping for a miracle to happen!🥱