India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Stop with the "loving me despite my past"

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 10:16am | IP Logged
Per the precap.  Great episode today and all, but the precap really bothers me.

There should be no reason for Geet to still say that.  I don't care if Maan gives a well thought out answer, the fact that she even brings it up after all she's been through and done, at this point, just reinforces the patriarchal expectations of women.

When she first tried to fight her feelings and kept pushing Maan away, it was understandable and made sense.

Even her dialogues when she gave Maan the Taweez during their date, that was fine too.

But since then, she really shouldn't be saying it now, at this stage of their relationship.

Let's not forget, Geet was the one who was determined to tell Maan the whole truth of her pregnancy.  She was convinced that he should hear the whole truth so he can see how she was wronged and understand her.  

After she left the engagement, she was the one who was sure that Maan would understand and take her side.  When he was missing, she was disappointed and wondered why he wouldn't hear her out and stand with truth, stand beside her.

It's regressive for her to keep saying stuff like "you're being so nice to me, love me, despite my past."  Maybe he loves you even more BECAUSE of your past, because he sees the strength and determination she had to still go on, demand justice and fight the world.

Yes, tomorrow Maan can say even better words to her in reassurance and response, but the very fact she still brings it up and needs such reassurance is just regressive.

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

scarce0506cs119abina03bhakti2mausam19milliiheermeherShabz.euphoriciMadzdrdee142Ash1991AbsoluvArYa.Kmkv-Mrs.MSK-blackb28misty85Loquacious_Aash

anuandavi IF-Sizzlerz
anuandavi
anuandavi

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 10:35am | IP Logged
I was going to start this topic and you did this. Really, now she should stop saying that. He has accepted her with her baby. It is now their baby.
dewdropred IF-Stunnerz
dewdropred
dewdropred

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 10:48am | IP Logged

the pain wht she has or gone through is not tht easy dear ... 

all i can say is ...

if a girl / women has a past it's not that easy for her to just forget ...

she said those words bcoz ... she felt the need for them .....

as she saw that maan was so happy on seeing their baby ...

she knows that maan is not the actual dad of the baby ... inspite of that on seeing the baby he felt so happy as though it was his baby ...

not that he does not think that way ... he does think that the baby belongs to him ...

but tears rolling down maan's cheek ... made geet say all those words ... his love his affection ... the way he run from office to hospital just to make sure that the baby & mother are safe ... he himself told that ... to the doctor that he wants their safety .... inspite of geet telling him it's not necessary he did not listen to her ....

the way he loves her made her say all those things to him ... bcoz deep down some where in her heart she feels that may b she should not have entered his life as she has a past ... not that she can live without him .... even the thought that maan is not there with her .... will take her life away & she will die if maan is not there with her ... but still she some times feels that he may deserve some one better than her ... & to that maan already replied that ... for him she is perfect ... he loves her the way she is ... for him no other girl matters ... as she is the one who taught him how to live ... laugh ... love ...

i guess i ate ur brain too much ...

u can agree / disagree ... it''s ur choice ... but don't get geet wrong ... put urself in her shoes ...

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

kanu_nvlkhsuprise007abina03bhakti2LuvScoobydrdee142Shabz.misty85

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Originally posted by anuandavi

I was going to start this topic and you did this. Really, now she should stop saying that. He has accepted her with her baby. It is now their baby.
Ya, it's not just annoying, I hate the implications and message that it sends out as well.

It's even worse considering how much Geet fought and was determined to get justice in the beginning.  She at first didn't want to burden Maan with her problems. 

But this is the same girl who was determined to tell him the truth.  The same girl who left him when he said "I thought you were only mine" (which is a line that I interpret as him talking about her emotional attachment, not about virginity but the channel had their self limits) though she may have rightly interpreted it differently in that situation.

She didn't run from him because she was sure he would never accept her.  They could've have written it that way.  His finding out the truth some other way, and then going after and reassuring her. But no, at that time she very well was determined and knew she wasn't in the wrong.  

Edited by likarsh - 24 December 2010 at 10:56am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Shabz.

sreereddy Goldie
sreereddy
sreereddy

I seriously think the same. No point in talking about the past and past janthe huye bhi...

its done.

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dewdropred

she knows that maan is not the actual dad of the baby ... inspite of that on seeing the baby he felt so happy as though it was his baby ...

not that he does not think that way ... he does think that the baby belongs to him ...

But that's not what she said. See if she had said, something like, "you still love this baby like it's your own" or "I appreciate your accepting this child" or "you're a great guy to accept my child as your own."

All those are fine.  But the words "my past" have different implications.  I know it's not easy for her to forget. Like I said, I understood her dilemma in the beginning. I understood her guilt when she was talking to him during their first date.  

But the wording from the precap, I take issue with.  Yes, knowing her background, she of course does feel guilty of her previous sexual relationship.  But by this time she should know he doesn't think less of her for that. Furthermore, this is the girl so bravely told the whole office, "how could you assume it's the girl's fault" and bravely went up to Dev and told him to tell the office of how she got pregnant.

At this stage, she shouldn't be bringing up "you're being so nice to me despite my past."

Just my opinion, of course.

Edited by likarsh - 24 December 2010 at 10:56am
misty85 IF-Stunnerz
misty85
misty85

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 10:55am | IP Logged
I haven't seen the epi. I'l write about it after watching it.
millii IF-Dazzler
millii
millii

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 10:58am | IP Logged
AHAA

Go to top