Love struck stars

Starryskies Groupbie
Starryskies
Starryskies

Posted: 14 February 2005 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Love struck stars
ROSHNI OLIVERA
Indiatimes

Whether they're newlyweds or just dating, small-screen lovebirds are wining, dining and ready for mushy moments on Valentine's Day. Roshni Olivera gets cosy with this lovely picture...
Love is in the air. Grand plans are being chalked out for Valentine's Day. Busy work schedules will have to take a backseat — at least on this day. Because actors aren't willing to let go of V-Day for anything in the world. Right from recently-married, much-in-love couples to those who've been married for a while, plans are afoot for February 14. Even singletons are going to have a blast! Rakshanda Khan, who describes herself as ''the president of the single women's club,'' plans to spend the day with her pal Jassi aka Mona Singh. ''Since we are both single, we'll romance each other,'' laughs Rakshanda.
But others have some serious plans. Shefali Jariwala and Harmeet Gulzar, who tied the knot just a few days back, hope to sink in the beauty of the Taj Mahal on V-Day. ''I've never seen the Taj Mahal and what better day than February 14 for us to go there,'' gushes Shefali.
Maninee De and hubby Mihir Mishra plan to take off away from the hustle bustle of showbiz. Where? ''It's a special place,'' reveals Mihir, without divulging details. ''We managed to get two days off from our shoots,'' he says. Every day has been Valentine's Day for this couple ever since they got married a month and a half ago. ''I'm falling in love with my wife every day and the intensity is only growing,'' smiles Mihir.
Valentine's Day is the perfect time to do what you've always wanted to do. That's exactly why Shilpa Saklani and Apurva Agnihotri plan to watch Black. Both have been wanting to do so for a while. They also want to relive their first date this Valentine's. ''We'll go to the same place for dinner,'' gushes Shilpa. There's more on their agenda. It's been a while since they boogied and they hope to go dancing with friends post-dinner.
Rajeshwari Sachdev, who married Varun Badola some time back, might believe that every day is Valentine's Day, but she quips: ''It's an opportunity to get a gift from your husband. So why not?''
You don't have to be still in the dating phase or be a newlywed to get excited about Valentine's Day. Some of our TV industry couples celebrate the day with as much gusto as they did when they were wooing each other. Parmeet Sethi gets excited even today; it's just that he hasn't made any plans this year. ''Last time, I made some grand plans that fell flat,'' he laughs. This is what happened last year... Parmeet booked a suite at a five-star only to realise at the last minute that wife Archana had to rush for certain work commitments. ''I wanted to surprise her. She surprised me instead!'' This time round, the actor plans to be more spontaneous.
Valentine's Day can have some interesting additions as well. Like Manish and Poonam Goyal will celebrate the day this time with their little son Aryaveer. ''In the four years that we've been together, Aryaveer is the best gift we could have given each other,'' smiles Poonam. Their family might not go out this time but ''we'll celebrate at home,'' she says. 
Then there are those whose paramours are miles away, but Valentine's Day will still be celebrated. ''I'll surely miss him very much,'' sighs Dolly Sohi, whose fiance Avneet Dhanowa is in the UK. ''But we will be on the phone for sure,'' she consoles herself. Dolly has ensured that her love gets a lovely bouquet and the brownies he loves. In fact, she has coordinated with her would-be-mum-in-law for this.
For Tassnim Sheikh, Valentine's Day this year, will be on February 16 because her boyfriend, who's out, will be back that day. ''On the 14th, I'll go out looking for a nice gift for him and on the 16th, we'll actually celebrate together,'' says the actress.
Of course, there's also a section who question why a particular day should be so special. ''Actually, I'm not sure if it's February 13 or 14,'' admits Achint Kaur, who says she has never celebrated Valentine's Day in her life. Mauli Ganguly too believes you don't need a special day to celebrate your love. ''Every day can be Valentine's Day,'' she says. Interestingly, Mauli does have some beautiful memories of Valentine's Day. "That was when I went out with my group of girlfriends. And we had a great time.''
So things are set to get mushy for the Tv stars this year.

Rumi Goldie
Rumi
Rumi

Posted: 14 February 2005 at 8:49am | IP Logged
thanks starryskies for ur post! glad to know that apu and shipa are enjoying v-day ! God bless the couple!!!
xsonyxo Senior Member
xsonyxo
xsonyxo

Posted: 14 February 2005 at 11:16am | IP Logged
thnxx for the article! Smile
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top