Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

After Kolangal, UTV to remake Metti Oli for Sony..

Friday, February 25, 2011 | 6:17:47 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    6 Comments
After Kolangal, UTV to remake Metti Oli for Sony..

UTV is now working towards the Hindi version of the award winning Tamil drama series, Metti Oli for Sony Entertainment Television..

UTV seems to be on a roll now, after the launch of its new show Maayke se bandhi' Dor on Star Plus!! After remaking the popular Tamil show Kolangal, UTV will now be making the Hindi version of  yet another super hit Tamil series, Metti Oli.  

Metti Oli is an award winning show televised on Sun TV, which has had a run of more than 800 episodes. It is the story of five sisters who live with their father. The casting process is on for the show, and is expected to go on floor by next month. The Hindi version we hear, will have a backdrop of Haryana, to be precise, Panipat. 

Our source states, "Lot many known names have been approached. Anjali Abrol who was last seen in Star PlusRaja Ki Ayegi Baraat, Smriti Kalra of Zee TV's 12/24 Karol Bagh andAanchal Sabharwal are few names who have been considered". 

We contacted Anjali Abrol who says, "Yes, talks are on but nothing has been finalized.

Aanchal Sabharwal states, "I have been approached for the show and I have given a look test too. But I have not got any confirmation from the production house".

Smriti Kalra remained unavailable for comments!

We tried contacting Mayuree Chaddha, Fiction Head, UTV but she remained unavailable. 

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

so here it is, this clarifies that it is re-make....but i must say, the new one which they are gng to remake is more worst....dor is still better, it is not that bad, but this one...mettela savvadi (meti oli)....oh myyy....it's a night mare...so don't get tempted by any promos
btw, the lasy playing saas in dor is a very talented actress...VERY talented.....she is a film actress...so sad that i'm not gng to watch her show

Edited by kavya.b - 13 years ago
anwaya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
sounds like kahin to hoga typs! 
kavya.b thumbnail
i don't know abt KTH, anjy!
but i heard that KTH is good....this serial is damn boring

5 daughters...5 marriages...almost all a disaster
anwaya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
yeah KTH was goos at start but then drifted apart like most of the ekta shows! 
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I need to watch an Ekta show to see what you guys are going on about ... haven't watched one for ages!

And the evil saas in Dor is Rohini Hattangadi - a damn good actress - pity to see her playing such a one-dimentional role! I prefer Neena Gupta in DSDV - not that I've been watching that either - Gaurav is good, but the girl is not appealing at all.

Am still telling you - watch Maryada and SGP - at least they have some different storylines, and I'm loving the Panna track in SGP. The family scenes are wonderful - this is what a girl's maayka should be like - not the stupid stereotypical Ekta and filmy ones of 'girl's real house is her sasural, her doli goes there, her arthi goes from there'🤢 and she has to put up with all crap from inlaws while girl's family just cries ... 🤢
Edited by DiyaS - 13 years ago
kavya.b thumbnail
TL isn't that boring....somehow i still man age to watch it...n last two weeks, i enjoyed watching it...Onu-tanni's marrige....i loved their marriage epi....they were remembering their childhood mariage n all their moments frm childhood....i always preferred that younger version.....n the most interesting part is, half of the articles don't come true...i mean, they are half way crct n in the mid way everything changes....to the way we prefer than the rona dhona way....thanks to SP-BT clash...lol

yaaa...rohini...i forgot her name......but diya,  now aftr thinking a lil more abt that show, i guess, u may like the show a lil.....the lead gal remains strong throughout the show....she fights a lot...she doesn't give in....a few more stories add in to that....none of the south shows are 1D....i'm not sure abt dor, but the south version had amazing actors...except for the saas....she used to irritate me the most...her screechy voicce n none of the characters in a day or two, almost all the charcaters will b there till end...sisters, bro n bhaskar's family also, even aftr their divorce

but the other show, they are gng to re-make is a crap...UTTER crap...but a super sit show i guess....i remember, i used to like the title song ONLY

n diya, i'm watching SGP...n i'm loving it......at times even IS bits
i'm a wayyyyyy beyond maryada to watch it now.....i saw one random episode the other day...Uttara's husband dies n she killed him?

anyway, i'm happy with the lot i'm watching...TL-SBS-Kismat...n KS on weekends

frm this week, i'll b lil inactive.....project works etc etc
btw i watched TWM n Rajneeti y'day
my suggestion, don't watch TWM....atleast don't expect the movie to b a comedy flick frm the promos.....2nd half was a tasteless chewing gum....Madhavan took the job of Ekta's heroine
ayesha_80 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hello girls *hugs*

Call me stubborn or wat...i'm back yet again. 😆

Just came back home and came rushing here to tell u girls that i'm still alive 😆😆 Have missed u all so very much. Its very difficult to stay away from this place...and that too for sooo many days.

Hope you all are fine and enjoying life.

Take care...and love u all.

Will try my best to come later. Cya!
My life is completely messed up right now...sefihowoeiaebfroqihrrrrr432fkfsakfnawkfjdsl
fihsaflhsdalfhaewohfewohfaw
kfhdslfhwoaeihfrewpohfrwae

but sighh atleast there's music...something that will divert your mind...listening to November Rain...whattasong!!!

and guys..you SHOULD listen to Hey You (Pink Floyd) 
that song is like OUT OF THE WORLDDDDDD, UNIVERSEEEEEEE
<33333

hope everythings fine with you all...take care everyone!!! 

miss you all...!! much !! very much!!

allt he best for those who are busy with exams!!!
..-Jia-.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I want spring break now!!! I need a VACATION! Actually I want May to come. I need to go out somewhere, maybe to like Tahiti or the Bahamas. I can't take this anymore. My brain needs REST!

@Ashu baji: So glad that you finally posted. I was beginning to get worried. I left you offliners on MSN, so do check it! (:
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Jia ... Bahamas??? 🤣 Can I join you??? I need a break too 😭

Anu ... why is your life messed up??/ Cheer up! And specially for you, another song ...  since you mentioned exams and Pink Floyd in the same post ... We Don't Need No Education  ... watch the video 😆😆😆

Ashu ... so good to see you back ... hope all well now 🤗

Kavz ... I keep forgetting to say this ... I have been watching TL ... off and on ... agree with you, it's watchable 😛 ... not glued to tv screen-can't miss a single episode - watchable ... but the wedding was fun with all the rituals ... I need to catch up with Kismat and KS. And will give Dor another try ... am still skeptical about it though, but if the girl remains strong ... hmm ... let's see. Wow, she actually goes through a divorce? After watching the promo when that Bhaskar says, I'll threaten her with divorce, I was reminded of that real life story about a girl in India who called the police from her wedding pandal because in-laws were demanding extra dowry last minute ... and the girl was far better qualified than the guy, still the guy's family demands were nonstop increasing ... so the girl called off the wedding ... hope they have the guts to show something similar here!