Laagi Tujhse Lagan

A Lifetime of Love-OS

lizdarcy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

I thought I'd keep away from the forum today. Sigh. It just isn't possible.

So, here I am, typing away to glory. I feel good today. I'm in no mood to work. What with the Christmas cheer that's struck my whole team. So, here's my early Christmas gift to you guys. Nothing much. Just another crazy OS.

Again, something I desperately want to see on screen.

He switched off the engine and waited. This was ridiculous, he told himself. He was behaving like a love-struck teenager. When he had fallen in love with Nakusha, he hadn't counted on the ride being so breathless. He'd been tongue-tied the first time, but now it was even worse. He was angry with her, but he couldn't stop her loving her. She'd hurt him badly, but she was what he needed for the wound to heal too. Her love made it impossible for him to stay away. And his love drew him to her whenever he tried to move away.

He saw her get out of the temple. She seemed tired. He wanted to give her a lift home, but after last time he doubted if she'd get in. He got out of the jeep, and started walking behind her. Fool that he was, he hadn't yet realized that he would go to any lengths to win this woman's love. Damn his obstinance! He wanted this woman, oh he wanted her so badly! He'd learnt to block his feelings, and in the last ten years he'd never ever been out of control. He'd committed murders in cold blood, doubled his wealth, and had become the ruler of his little kingdom. Nothing had ever affected him. But from the moment he'd met her, it was like someone had cut open all his wounds. He'd numbed himself to pain, but suddenly he could feel it again, raw and unbearably fresh. She evoked in him anger, passion, and a thousand other emotions he'd never experienced.

Ever since she'd told him why she had hidden her face, he'd wondered. How had she lived, before they met? He was curious, very. But it was her story to tell. She hadn't trusted him enough to share it with him. She was the person he loved most, why then hadn't she trusted him? He watched her take tiny steps and realized that she was tired. His heart missed a beat as he realized that she was about to faint. He rushed towards her, and caught her in his arms before she fell.

He was very angry with her. What was she trying to prove? He carried her back to the jeep, and sprinkled some water on her face. She murmured something, but didn't open her eyes. He was worried now. He laid her on the seat and started the jeep. He held her hand tight as the jeep sped through the highway. She was still mumbling in her sleep. He could take it no longer. He felt her forehead. She was coming down with fever. He tried waking her up, poured some water into her mouth. He looked up, and saw a dhaba on the roadside. He carried her in his arms and rushed towards it.

The owner recognized Dutta Patil, and rushed to greet him.

"I need a doctor!" yelled Dutta.

"Sure, bhau. I'll get one."

The owner's wife showed Dutta a room. He laid her on the bed and paced around the room, waiting for the doctor. Why had he let her walk?! It was all his fault. If anything happened to her, he'd never forgive himself.

The doctor arrived, and checked Nakusha's pulse. "She's feverish. I think she's been in the sun too long. I've given her an injection."

"I think we should take her to the hospital, Doctor!" Dutta replied.

"No, she needs to rest. She'll come to, in a few hours. Just see to it, that she rests for a while. The fever'll be down, by tomorrow."

Dutta wasn't convinced. He sat by her, and helplessly looked at her pale face.

The owner came in with food and left quietly. It was evening. He got on to the bed and sat beside her, holding her hand tight in his. She was shivering. He covered her with another blanket.

He opened his eyes and realized that he'd fallen asleep, sometime after dawn. She was sitting straight, watching him. She seemed alright now. He was about to ask her how she felt but then stopped himself. That was when he realized that he was still holding her hand tight. He looked at her, and knew that she was aware of it too. Once he looked into her eyes, he couldn't look away. Finally, he spoke.

"Are you alright?"

She nodded in the affirmative.

He heaved a sigh of relief and tried to get up. But his bracelet was stuck, entwined with her bangle. He pulled at it awkwardly, while she just kept on looking at him. He fumbled with it for a while, and then she stopped him and freed his hand. He snatched his hand away, as if he'd been burnt. She looked at him, the hurt evident in her eyes.

If you cannot stand to be near me, why do you keep coming to me? she asked, with her eyes.

He moaned in despair, and silently replied, "Your nearness drives me crazy! I cannot run away any longer!"

She stood up, still unsteady and he said, "Wait. I think you need to rest for a while."

She didn't look back. Instead, she walked towards the door. She asked, "You didn't have to come after me."

He was irritated now. "I was passing by, and luckily I saw you. Who asked you to walk all the way?"

"I'm sorry I inconvenienced you. I'll ask Baji to come along next time."

He clenched his fists. She trusted Baaji, she trusted his whole family. She didn't trust the one man whose life revolved around her. It maddened him. She held on to the bedstead tight, as her feet still felt wobbly. Dutta watched her and realized that she wouldn't ever ask for his help. She'd ask the whole world, but never him. He walked around the bed, and held her arm tight. She looked up at him, and saw that she'd incensed him yet again. Why did he hate her so much?

"No, Baji is not accompanying you anywhere! You are not going out again. For a while. Stop being stubborn, Nakusha."

She looked away.

"Look at me! Why is it so difficult for you to ask me for help? You have no qualms asking Baji, or Madhu, or Aaisaheb or Kishore. Why then can't you ask me?!"

"Does it even matter?" she asked.

He tightened his grip on her arm, and said "I won't have my wife asking someone else for help when I'm around!"

Her eyes brimmed with unshed tears, and she asked "Why should I come to you? Because of the vows that bind you to me? Because you feel obliged to protect your wife? Is that why I have to ask you? Atleast with Baji, it doesn't feel like an obligation."

He stood there, defeated. He wanted to scream it aloud, that he wanted her for himself. That he didn't want to share her smiles, or tears with anyone. Because of the simple reason that he loved her. He loved her madly. Oh, how it hurt!

He looked at her, unwilling to let her go. And then, without uttering a word, he lifted her in his arms and carried her out to the jeep. She held on to his kurta tight. She heard his heart beat a frantic pace, and knew what was in there.  He wasn't ready to say it aloud yet. But she was ready to wait for a lifetime, to hear those words.

Sigh. ☺️❀️

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Crystal29 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
πŸ‘ Awesome! Lovely OS.

All I can do is ...😍😍😍😍😍😍

Looks like you have got into Dutta's mind/heart...Your OSs are a mirror of what Dutta is going through. Well Done...And keep it coming!
Sophia21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome OS Liz...
He's so protective over her, yet he doesnt want to tell her he loves her...
Lol he doesnt want her to go out, aww dats so cute. Love the ending where he picked her up and took her to his jeep.

I just wish we get to see a scene like this...

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year..
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

amazing update

awww gadha feeling angry n probs jealous tht she trusts baji mre than him... oi hoi hehe...lol...ur an amazing writer Liz..keep it up huni..lets hope we gt 2 c such scenes in the show
juhi1990 thumbnail
Tis was a masterpiece... i luved it...πŸ‘  after reading dis i m also very much desperate to watch all dis... ☺️. i don't noe when dis hate track will end n love will blossom in d air....😊 

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...πŸ‘πŸΌ
shally_m thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

liz.... awesome work again .... πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

-bharti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
  Knew u were itching to write this post,  cause al of us were waiting for dutta to take nakku to mandir,  terribly disappointed that didnt happen in the episode yday.  Mindblowing!!!!! , πŸ‘πŸΌcontinue the good work, dear Liz😊
ushankitvc thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
OMG !!!!!!!!!! I felt like Dutta was speaking his mind out while reading ............u write so fabulously......... A fantastic OS.........
Wish u a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...........
lizdarcy thumbnail
Originally posted by: crystal_29

πŸ‘Awesome! Lovely OS.

All I can do is ...😍

Looks like you have got into Dutta's mind/heart...Your OSs are a mirror of what Dutta is going through. Well Done...And keep it coming!

aww..thanks crystal. That means a lot.

Dutta, well, it's like i know him, from another lifetime. Sigh.
lizdarcy thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sophia21

Awesome OS Liz...

He's so protective over her, yet he doesnt want to tell her he loves her...

Lol he doesnt want her to go out, aww dats so cute. Love the ending where he picked her up and took her to his jeep.

I just wish we get to see a scene like this...😍

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year..

Thanks,Sophia. When will the cvs get it, that we want to see a protective, possessive Dutta. In a way i'm glad he's no dewy eyed lover boy. But i want to see him possessive and j too. Sigh.

Merry Christmas!