Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

TREAT FOR CVS - with badam da akhrot!! (Page 6)

ainaGURTI IF-Sizzlerz
ainaGURTI
ainaGURTI

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:36am | IP Logged
bDgT

The SPRING in MY STEP
GEET

The dance 
the eternal dance 
of the soul is 
my quest

The smile, to smile in the face of all odds is my only adornment
To light up with cheer is in my being
To just see the goodness and shining spirit bubbling forth is my sight

To believe
To have faith
To trust
To innocently trust

That every day brings 
with it a new promise, 
a new hope, a new dawn

This is me ~ GEET
and this is MY STORY ~ Geet Hui Sabsey Parayi
Par na hui apne aap sey kabhi na parayi

Come on, share with me my smiles 
Dance with me and let the oceanic wave of deepest love of life
Wash away all the world's ills and troubles

LIFE is a FORCE
and I am that LIFE CHANGING FORCE

- Geet 
A first person account of 

PS: The DEN THEME for tonight is "GEET - The Character ~ An Exploration"

Edited by Malihaluvmyself - 15 January 2011 at 3:10am

ainaGURTI IF-Sizzlerz
ainaGURTI
ainaGURTI

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:37am | IP Logged
geet.a

I'm Eros
I'l have justice
I'll have love,
I'll have my choice
I'll have my destiny

I will LOVE
I will FEEL
I will NURTURE
I will LIVE....

forever in hearts,
forever in minds,
the song of my name,
will resound for all times

This year I have met awesome new friends and have come across so many new and interesting perspectives. 
I have also been introduced to all of you through GHSP'and become a lover of the show..like all here..hehe
Cheers to GHSP team. They have given us so many awesome episodes and raised a lot of issues.
Let's talk about the protagonist of the show and try to figure her out ;)
The show is about her..this is her story,isn't it?

Let's talk about her today- her trials and her triumphs both big and small; 
what we love about her and what annoys us; 
her lovely eyes full of life and her voice as soft as a breeze,
coupled with a will of iron, 
she's none other than GEET

Before I write something- I'd like to ask everyone to give one fave dialogue and scene of Geet at least- the character :D as well as what they'd like to see in the new year!
She has a beautiful name- Geet 'Song
She is a bubbly and cheerful girl who faces life head on. Her name actually gives the key to her character traits-well,at least some of them.
I feel that Song is one of the most flexible entities in this world- it is beautiful, has the capacity to give both pleasure as well as pain, it allows us to feel a myriad emotions in continuation. Moreover, in perfect harmony it introduces us to differences that make us appreciate a point of view, even if we don't endorse it.
Doesn't that beautifully resonate with Geet- her character as well as her life? This woman has made us connect with her in ways big and small, and yet she's different like each song is a different.
Why?
Is it because she transgressed against society? Or is it because she refused to be bound against her will?

She defines her own essence and refuses to be defined by anyone else.
A girl is supposed to be like this, that and the other, she has been told by the society, her family, Maan as well. But she rebels against those definitions. However she isn't only a rebel. Her story is different in its similarity- because she simply keeps growing'and hence never fits into a stereotyped position- either a daughter, a mother, a secretary, a fianc and a wife as well. She is a WOMAN and she defines the essence of womanhood.
She risked her life to seek justice..for herself and for the child growing within her.
She sought to save her child by risking her own life'that is the amount of will that she has. She affirmed life in a very unique way- because she risked her own to show us the importance of the life within her.
She is therefore as much a part of nature as she defines it. Creativity,fertility, love and Life is what Geet is all about. The comparison between the woman and Nature is as old as..well..I guess Creation- because BOTH create ?
Both destroy and create, sometimes both at the same time, but the end message is one of Life and not of Death In Fact..like Geet , Nature also affirms Life through death. Don't we appreciate life more then?
We say Death, sadness, gloom and destruction is a part of- NATURE. All encompassing and eternal- that is what Geet stands for.
She always bounces back stronger after her experiences'back to her bubbly self after many episodes which we see as character inconsistency sometimes whereas it is simply who she is. She refuses to be taken over by sadness for a long time. And yet, she never escapes into jhoothi happiness..Her eyes- that MSk thinks are as clear as a mirror- they never are able to lie. 

We always say- Life is what it is. So is Geet.
She met Maan as she was about to drown. He lifted her up and saved her..and continued to do so.
Not merely while she was in danger- but also helped her stand her ground.
His bitter words were lessons that helped her to move on resolutely in life for love.
She stumbles and falls'she's clumsy literally and otherwise..but she finds her way. She struggles, she bears pain and makes it beautiful for us to watch..and yet unbearable.
These episodes came to my mind-

1. Geet being almost chopped by Brij
2. Geet standing up against her family, injured with a talwar stained with her own blood
3. Geet when she realized in JA seq that she feels for Maan
4. Geet post Kurbaan Hua
5. Geet in HP when she remembers her family 
6. Geet in confession
7. Geet whenever Maan takes her to the hospi
8. Geet when she stood up for herself when Maan was ill
Keep adding'

She refuses to be defined by anyone else..A fluid identity and yet she herself defines her essence. Yes, her character seems extremely inconsistent at times- but it always is one making an affirming gesture- She doesn't fit any mould but seeks to fly in the open air- arms wide open to Life and its magic.
Rain and flowers make her happy. She collects small moments and feels each one so intensely that they transcend time. She is sad, angry, happy- all equally intensely and therefore has a lot to teach to everyone.
"zindagi ki chhoti chhoti khushiyaan"

She told Maan, "aap meri Zindagi ho"
She is now creating a new life through him, with him.

She tells Maan that being hurt and betrayed doesn't mean she has given up on Humanity. Just because Arjun is NT's bro doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a chance.

Through her experience with Maan- who won her trust and was with her at every point..there to catch her if she fell, but mostly letting her live by her own, she learnt to have faith in humanity. Being hurt and betrayed doesn't mean giving up in life. "zindagi mein hamesha aage badhna chahiye"

When Maan and Geet had that temporary separation- she still took those flowers at the signal- a sign that she will move on in life come what may.

She defines Womanhood in her own unique way and yet one which is familiar to all women. She is the essence of womanhood because she links herself to Life and not society. She is a soul who is involved deeply with Life and Love..rather than society and structures.
She is familiar because she's a part of Common Nature, and she's different because she is Herself and none other.

Now- for something more
Some things for 2011.

1.Geet hasn't gotten justice yet.
I hope that IS in the CV's minds still.

2. Geet's EDUCATION.
We can have correspondence coz she's preggy..

3.GEET-BABY bonding moments.

4. Geet being Maan's strength, not his weakness.

5. Geet's groW*H...a relationship of mutuality with maan shown in a greater degree with her involvement more with business projects as well as Maan's family.

6. just saw the epi- An AWESOME and power charged face off between Brij and Geet. Maan to be there with her...but it would be awesome to see HER stand her ground.

7. Geet- Maan going for a honey-moon; more of cravings and preggy track like fight over name etc.

8. would love to see Nok jhoks-but not unreasonable onesEmbarrassed

Nothing more coming to mind yet- But as for a conclusion- all I'd like to say is that Geet has to be shown as growing and learning from her experiencesSmile

Drashti has been doing a great job- I loved her TT interview but didn't understand one thing-
She said she's opposite to Geet because she is full of life...but then..so is Geet,isn't she?EmbarrassedWink

anyway- it was just an observation- I may be wrong 
but this was my interpretation of Geet
She is not breaking boundaries of society simply because they are patriarchal.
Her struggle is one of the Liberty of LIFE against Limitation.

Edited by Malihaluvmyself - 15 January 2011 at 3:11am
ainaGURTI IF-Sizzlerz
ainaGURTI
ainaGURTI

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:38am | IP Logged
AnjanaYYZ

GEET
Geet Hui Sabse Paryaa
Maan bana usska Sayaa
Badal woh duniya ka Reet
Aur woh hogiya Maaneett

Chuha to Sherni
Adversity is our true karmabhumi (proving ground).  How we react to abject failure defines us.  Geet faced adversity at every step of this story.  What makes Geet a sherni not chuha is her reaction to it.  She is human.  She cries.  She cribs to Babaji.   But, then proceeds to try and solve the problems herself.  She uses her brains and is innovative. Despite the loss of her "innocence", she has faith in humanity and loves with her whole heart.  That is true COURAGE.  

Addition to Pyaar ki Nishaani
Gith's seduction tips that nearly made Maan short circuit

Wheat from Chaff
Episode had "it"!  Connectivity! Flow!  Story finally on the Go!   All elements were in harmony. Only thing barring a perfect score is the camera angle of the strip.  For that Editors deserve a roundhouse kick.  Angry

Edited by Malihaluvmyself - 15 January 2011 at 3:12am
ainaGURTI IF-Sizzlerz
ainaGURTI
ainaGURTI

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:40am | IP Logged
deniac

Geet - a gal who is 18...was in her second year of BA in HP.... was convinced into a marriage with an NRI guy and started dreaming bout life in Canada with him.... The fake marraige and pregnancy turned her life upside down...and the gal who was the pie of her father's eye suddenly became parayi from her family as she wasnt willing to have an abortion.... though the marriage was fake, she wanted to keep her baby .... she fought with her family to stay alive...to keep her baby alive... was ready to be an unwed single mother....
To survive she came to delhi in search of some details about the guy who duped her.... but ended up with a job as a secretary and thus her journey in Delhi began....

Slowly ans steadily Geet the Gal from HP who dared not to raise her voice infront of her grandfather, cousin brother or anyother male in the family, changed to become a confident gal...

Geet today  
1. Is Confident
2. Has self respect
3. Believes in herself
4. Believes in Love
5. Loves her man
6. Loves her life
7. Trusts her man
8. Understands her man
9. is willing to do anything for him
10. is a Jealous and possesive lover
11. is a fighter
12. is emotional
13. is naive
14. Still believes in humanity
15. Believes in god and destiny
16. Is still a 18 yr old
17. Enjoys small things in life...small things bring joy to her....
18. Is a traditional Indian Gal at heart
19. bubbly
20. sensitive

what i wud like her to be in the new year.... well i actually like her the way she is... he stupidity, innocence, naiveness n good heart make her unique...but yes i want her to realise that with being Mrs Maan Singh Khurana she will hv a status and power and she shud recougnise it and make proper use of it... she shud look forward and coax maan into letting her complete education...she needs to be fully qualified and independent...

She needs to become more responsible and matured but not lose her joyful nature...she needs to change maan and make him more fun loving like her.... but not change him infront of others....

Edited by Malihaluvmyself - 15 January 2011 at 3:13am
ainaGURTI IF-Sizzlerz
ainaGURTI
ainaGURTI

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:42am | IP Logged
Sigma

Symbolism is a tool that has been in literature for hundreds of years to give a hidden deeper meaning than the words alone can convey to the reader. It can be a beautiful and powerful technique when used and can enhance the enjoyment of the reader if used properly. Is symbolism a technique the writers of Geet are employing or are the viewer's just envisioning things that aren't really there, that is today's topic of discussion.

When we watch the show, we start analyzing everything in the scenes and some see hidden deeper messages that reinforce and support the characterization and emotions in the story, thereby, taking the scene to a higher level making it seem even better than it is. Sometimes the complex and intricate symbolism I hear being discussed makes me wonder do the writers actually go into that depth and details when they are writing these scenes or is this just our love for the show and Maaneet making us see these things. If the writers can conjure up a 18 year old sister out of thin air without having any foundations laid for her entry and then don't bother to give us a backtrack, are those writers then really paying that much attention to the scenes and placing hidden symbolisation in them. Unless we know for definite that these symbols are being intentionally placed in the show, it is not just conjecture on our part? How do we even know we are interpreting the symbolism correctly and not missing out on symbols? I'm no expert on symbolism, when there is a scene at night, the reason I think the moon is there is because the moon is in the sky at night time, nothing else. So let's discuss some of the symbolism that is used in the show.

1. Taveez

So I have heard a lot of how this metal little box is responsible for keeping Maan and Geet together and has been giving them a helping hand to get their happy ending. Many think as long as MSK has the taveez nothing can happen to Maaneet. So I have decided we all need to go back to where this journey with the taveez started and see whether it deserves all this praise and accolades we give it in the show.

Now truthfully, does anyone actually remember this scene properly other than that famous line aap ka humsafar aaj hi aap ki zindagi ' and the taveez being given to Geet?

I didn't myself the actual details until I re-watched this scene recently. Tota Ram (a green bird) is responsible for predicting the Geet Maan milan at the mela ShockedLOL

How many of you remember that?Tongue Tota Ram comes out his cage flips over the top three cards and voila your future is predicted LOL Will all the devils, please form an orderly queue to have your future predicted by the amazing Tota Ram. Now, no shoving in the back there, I know you are all eager to see Tota Ram, but he will answer everyone's questions, poor bird doesn't have much to do nowadays, the mela session is over as it is winter LOL so don't worry you will all get a free prediction, think of it as my new year's gift to you ROFL

There are many things wrong with this picture first of all birds are not psychic, never have been and never will be. Second of all tarot cards are a load of rubbish and not worthy of the money they are printed on.  Plus I thought in tarot card readings, the person who the prediction was for was meant to choose the cards not a bird, so they didn't even do the reading properly to begin with. If the reading isn't performed properly, all predictions are null and void, HAAN Tongue

So some random fortune teller says some clich lines about humsafar coming into your life today and how god's blessings will be with you if you make him wear this taveez. Now if this really happened to you how many of you would believe this guy? I hope no one is seriously gonna say yes, or it's off to in Shomu's van to the crazy house for you LOL  I know the first thing that springs to my mind when I think of a fortune teller at a mela, fun fair or just fortune tellers in general, scam artists. You might go visit their booth, just for laugh but you would take it all with a pinch of salt. He probably saw a young girl and thought what would she love to hear from me and hence he spinned her some lines on her true love coming into her life that day. Dolly tells him that Geet's  humsafar has already arrived and he tells her to give him the taveez then. Shouldn't he have seen that her humsafar hadn't entered into her life yet if he really had a gift. A scam artist, sorry I mean a fortune teller, gives you a free gift, do you think it's anything more than a metal box. Would he really give such a powerful thing away for free if it really had the capacity to do all the things some of us think it is doing. No way, obviously he wouldn't. The man is trying to make a living by telling people's fortunes, he's not a rich man in disguise passing time at the mela for a laugh, so if he had something that powerful wouldn't he make some money out of it?

Everything else that happens with the taveez or whatever you think is happening, is just a figment of your imagination and your desire to believe that there is something else at play as it makes for a nicer story doesn't it? What can taveez do if Maan and Geet do want to go separate pathways, it is gonna melt and transform into a pair of handcuffs and keep them locked together, there isn't even a enough metal there to make sturdy handcuffs there so that plan would fail anyway. We all saw for ourselves when Geet and Maan had their MU the taveez did not keep them together, you might have think it tried when it got stuck, but it was bound to get caught up in their clothing, the way those two were fighting like WWF wrestlers do in a Friday night smackdown LOL  It's just a metal box at the end of the day stop trying to make into something it's not, Geet can get her duputta tangled in a plant pots all the time LOL so it comes as no surprise to me got the taveez tangled in MSK's hospital room door handle. It wasn't God, trying to tell her MSK is there in that room, don't go, it's just Geet Handa being her usual clumsy self.

2. Dupatta

Duputta is just a duputta at the end of the day, it is worn either on your head or around your neck, it does not signify her honour, her izzat or anything else. Geet does not even wear her dupatta properly half the time, she just scrunches it up around her neck, so it ends up covering nothing so what does that mean, she doesn't care about her izzat or it just fashion.  But she makes such a fuss about not having it if MSK comes in, it's hilarious, I still remember that scene when MSK walked in on her when she was getting ready and did a ishara to him to give her dupatta and then the way she put it was, there was no difference in her having it. Geet's dupatta gets stuck on any random item they can think of and MSK helps her to release so we all think this symbolises how he will save her izzat, remove all obstacles in her life but this just shows how accident prone and clumsy she is, how she doesn't look where she is going half the time, hence the Maaneet bumping sessions we get every week and MSK doesn't leave any chance to help Geet as he is bit obsessed with her if you hadn't noticed.  Izzat cannot be bought how many times have we heard our elders say that, it has to be earned and duputtas don't come for free. It's just a piece of material, next we will say her salwar signfies her dignity as we never see it fall down even though it's held up by a string, showing what a fragile state Geet was in after the dev fiasco and how MSK has never messed with her salwar (we have seen hook her top buttons and dori) shows he wouldn't dare play with her dignity. Dev gifted Geet a red duputta, he takes her izzat away so how can the duputta symbolise her izzat and isn't a red duputta symbolism of a married women, which she never was. There are times when Geet rips her own duputta to help MSK even when he was still like a stranger to her, why does she do this without any hesitation because it's just a duputta nothing else, cause this would mean Geet is tearing her izzat for MSK, which MSK would never allow happen.

Duputtas have been notoriously used in all Indian dramas as way of having romantic scenes, the classic example, duputta gets trapped heroine thinks the hero is responsible but it's a nail or something. Now I never heard that the duputta was symbolising the heroine's izzat in these shows even when they have had similar scenes with their lead pairs, but because Geet has had such a traumatic past in this show, we are all adding two and two together and coming up with these theories.

3. Names

Dev

The name Dev is derived from the Sanskrit word Deva which means god. Now whether you believe in god or is not the issue, as we don't have any qualm's over this Khurana sibling's existence (maybe some over whether they are true brothers or not), now who could I be hinting to, let's all take a moment to ponder this ongoing conundrum. However, I think everyone agrees that Dev is more devil like than God like.

First of all let's look at the reason Dev came into Geet's life and why he needed the money, were his intentions good, but his way of going about achieving it wrong, was he a misguided soul? No, Dev needed the money to save his own skin after creating huge debts gambling. Gambling is thought of as a sin in many religions. So we all make mistakes in our lives at some point, it's how we react to them and rectify them that shows your true character. Could he not work to earn some money to pay off his debts, like anyone else would? But instead of working hard to sort out his debts, he decides to try take a shortcut route full of lies, fraud and deceit, where an innocent girl was made to pay the price for his mistakes.

The plan itself was sickening and evil to say the least. Although the mastermind was someone else, Dev did not have any problems going along with this plan which makes him equally as guilty to begin with. The responsibility and success of the plan lay at his hands as he was the main character in this charade, if he was not comfortable with what he was doing, the plan would flop but he displayed no problems or discomfort, showing he is a man who does not have a conscious.

Geet's family were happy with the rishta as it was from Canada and he came across as a decent guy, so what was the need to make Geet fall for him. It was not like Geet's family cared whether she said yes or no to the rishta, if Daarji was happy this shaadi was happening, so why the need to such romantic gestures as showering Geet with rose petals. The plan up to this point was cruel enough, make Geet fall in love with you then marry her despite already having a wife, steal her land and jewellery and then ditch her at the airport, but this wasn't enough for him' He decides to cross all limits and boundaries of humanity and has a SR with Geet, despite knowing he is going to ditch her the next day, he couldn't control his selfish needs for one night despite being happily married. According to Indian law this SR would be classified as rape. Despite cheating on his wife, Dev should no remorse and even slapped NT when she questioned him about what he was doing. Finally, there is Meera, despite all of he has done, he still has the nerve to go for no3 in the show, he never misses a chance this one.

Naintara = star of our eyes

Star of our eyes is like saying someone is the apple of our eyes ie they are cherished and loved above others. However, Naintara is one of the loneliest characters in the whole of GHSP. To begin with she had a loving husband and was accepted by all (apart from MSK) as the daughter in law of the Khurana family. However, after making plans to mess up Geet's life, she invertedly messed up and destroyed her own life and alienated herself from everyone. Her poisoned thoughts slowly eroded and dissolved any love Dev once had for her in his heart. With Dev having deserted her and moved with Meera, she drafted in PQ to help her in battle to get revenge, however, as soon as PQ discovered the truth NT was alone again. Even Sasha and Tasha ditched her seeing what depths she was willing to sink to. Dev although not deservedly seems to have found someone who can overlook his past, whilst NT all on her lonesome, until the recent entry of her bro. Arjun will leave her side too once he knows the actual truth just like PQ did, it's just a matter of time and NT will be left with no one in the world to call her own once again.

Brij

His name was throwing up lots of different meanings on google so I have decided to discuss something else related to this character, his famous red tilak. The tilak is applied at the point which symbolises where your third eye/spiritual eye would be. The spiritual eye and its opening is linked to spiritual enlightenment and mediation. I don't think Brij does yoga and mediates, he just doesn't take me as the type. As for him having reached spiritual enlightenment... err I don't think soo unless go on murdering spree is a new way of cleansing the mind and soul.

Arjun

Arjun means white. White is synonymous with being the colour of the side of good, the hero's colour but Arjun hasn't come to be a hero, sorry NES. Right now Arjun is a very dark and dangerous character, who wants to get revenge for what he thinks his sister has gone through. Arjuna from the Mahabarat was famous for never failing to hit the target and being undefeatable. But will Arjun really bring down MSK and keep him there, obviously not as we can't have evil triumph over good, what kind of message would this send out, so his aim is going to falter at some point and miss the target and that is when MSK will rise again. How far will Arjun go to get his revenge, we will have to wait and see.

Anwesha

Anwesha does not mean non-existent, therefore it is not symbolic of her character, case closed. This was by far the easiest part of this theme ROFLROFLROFL

Manisha

Means sharp intellect, genius and sagacity. I'm not going to even bother to explain this one, PM me if you need help, but don't expect a reply ROFLROFLROFL 

4. Celestial bodies

As if we don't get enough gazing into each other's eyes, we now get constant moon and star gazing. These two are going to have really high optician bills in the future. Maan and his constant wooing under the moon, where do I begin with this one. I think I have cracked this and it answers a few other questions that have been bothering the devils for ages, ps it's nothing to do with symbolization. We have been wondering about MSK's parents for a while well I think the CVs are trying to enlighten us with MSK's past with these moon scenes as MSK is really half human and half werewolf. I don't know who was the werewolf was but I think it was his mum and when Mr Khurana senior found out her secret he went and re-married. This is the reason why no one mentions Maan's parents and why MSK really hates women as his mum made him half werewolf. This also explains why MSK was not very good at things like showing human emotions especially in the beginning and his stalkers skills he has heighted sense of smell which helps him locate Geet easily.   Geet seems to have tamed his inner wolf with her love but it still comes out and now again. So what happens to this love struck half were-wolf when there is a full moon, of which they are absurdly high amount of in GHSP. It is kinda similar to how a true werewolf would be affected, the gravitational pull of the full moon affects the tides and as the brain contains a high % of water, the full moon messes up with the werewolf's mind making them go mad which causes their savage side to come forth. With MSK the full moon, messes up his head making him dangerously diabetic coma inducing level sick with his romantic talks or say crazy absurd things like stars are giving salaami to his and Geet's rishta.  

Speaking of stars that brings us on to the very common occurrence of shooting stars in GHSP whenever Maan and Geet are around. Shooting stars are masses of debris, falling through the sky leaving a streak of light behind them on entry into the earth's atmosphere. Now that sounds very dull and boring, therefore, they have been given a makeover to symbolize something romantic and sweet, which they are not. Whatever way you try to dress it up, masses of debris will remain debris. Shooting stars are not falling because the stars are looking down and us thinking, wah what a jodi, I better take a trip to planet Earth to let them know I approve and they have my blessing otherwise they might break up knowing the stars don't approve of their rishta. Shooting stars would become an even rarer sight than they already are in that case then.

5. Colours

How many more different white outfits for Geet can they come up with, we have had the all styles from sari to salwar suit LOL the costume designers must be getting fed up ROFL The constant use of white and red, does is it really add anything to the scenes by using these colours, is it meant to even be adding anything to the scenes or are they only used because they are Maan and Geet's favourite colours. I personally don't care what colours they wear in scenes as it's the dialogues and the acting that should bring across the romance and passion, for example, I don't need to see them in red clothes, if they wear blue the message will still come across. The use of symbolism is supposed to add to the scene and overuse of the same colours repeatedly as symbolism blunts its effect if there was any. Whenever we see white clothes in the show, we expect good scenes but Dev entered in white clothes, so didn't that mean he was supposed to be the hero and not the baddie in the show. The episode when NT breaks the truth to Geet about Dev being married to her and where she tells her to abort the baby, is the first time in the show Geet wears white. So before the maaneet love story white was just white and didn't symbolise anything but as soon as this love story began everyone started to see white with a different perspective, isn't that interesting to notice.

So I could go on even further but it's new years day and I think I have made you suffer enough already ROFLROFLROFL

Edited by Malihaluvmyself - 15 January 2011 at 3:15am
ainaGURTI IF-Sizzlerz
ainaGURTI
ainaGURTI

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 7:55am | IP Logged
Sandipa

I would like to thank Nissar  and the entire team of GSHP for entertaining us beyond our imagination. We have spent countless hours on analyzing each episode aired so far with love, anger, compassion so today I would like to talk about the symbolism which we tried to find in everything ..first I thought it is silly me but my hunger for it went ahead when Nissiar reinforced that he too has symbolism in his episodes..so what did I need more.

Let's start with the names and its symbolism

GEET-  means a "song" so her character is like a song with a story and "full of life and music". She takes life a song and everyday she starts with a new beginning with humming for a better day.

Geet also means the melody…she brings melody into Maan's life.

MAAN- "Respect." He demands respect and people give him respect. He also gives respect to the humanity and womanhood. He accepted Geet with all her past baggage which is difficult for any man of our society to do but he gave respect to Geet and to mankind.

Pinky-People with this name tend to be filled with the joy of life, quite imaginative and enthusiastic.

Savetri means "relating to the sun" in Sanskrit. We have seen like sun she is the only one who has been constantly bringing light in Maan's life and be there for him everyday.

Adi-The name of a Malay warrior\'s teacher.." so Adi has been a warrior at KC fort, he is a true warrior of KC and its welfare. He is also a teacher who comes with logical solutions to many including Geet, Maan, Pinky.

Dev- "God" when he first landed on the show he acted like god for Geet, He  created the image of God in front of Geet's family and Geet by showering Geet with love, respect but he was an evil in God's form.

Nainatara- means "eyes seeking for  Stars"…so she always had big ambition in her life and to fulfill those goals she always went tout of her way to reach the stars!

Dupatta. –As we all know is a scarf is synonymous with feminine modesty.

Dupatta with different colors- It has been the great symbol since the first episode aired.

If you remember the April 5th episode, Geet falls from her sccoty and leaves the dupatta so that she could reach home early.

She leaves that white dupatta- which signifies her purity, innocence and we see that white dupatta in Dev's hand  which symbolizes that Dev will be responsible to protect her purity and innocence.

When she reaches home Darji punishes her for not wearing dupatta, so it can be taken as a source of feminism and protest as well as a tool of imposition and oppression.

On the episode 12th April-Dev gives Geet "Red dupatta" and tells her that he dreams of making her his and tells her that wherever happens between them  he'll feel that he is attached to her becoz of that red dupatta…as  for it is true…because of that marriage "even fake" but Geet will always be attached to Dev because of that red dupatta in which he makes her his bride and till date Geet has some kind of attachment to Dev due to their baby.

Again on 13th April- Geet's family put that red dupatta on her forehead for the engagement ceremony…here dupatta is symbol where it was used as a tool of  control by her family to marry her against her wishes.

Then the scene which none of us can forget is April 20th a Geet's  blue dupatta flies away and lands on Maan's head….again the symbol is Blue Dupatta- blue color of virgin Mary- which we normally compare Geet to Virgin Mary and also  symbolizes Geet's purity and also the harmony & unity about to come between Maan & Geet. That incident does bring Maan and Geet together and Maan becomes her savior.

Maan gives her dupatta back symbolizing giving her honor back!

May 14-  When Geet was locked in a room by Brij..Geet tries to reach out to police and throws her yellow dupatta for her rescue , the yellow dupatta lands on Maan's head and Maan comes to find Geet. This yellow dupatta symbolizes dishonesty, cowardice which Geet's family did to Maan and yellow is also color of hope so that time Maan was the only hope for Geet.

May 18- Again Geet covers herself with yellow dupatta and visits Maan to get the information of the agent, Maan unveils her dupatta a sign of knowing Geet or unveiling her preconceived image…as she answers Maan questions regarding her self respect to Maan.

Again we see Geet wearing her white dupatta during her visit to Golden temple….again the symbol of purity and also white color is the color of angles and gods, as the color reflects that which is sacred and pure.

Then on office "hum tum ek kaamare mei band" we see for the first time Maan holding her blue dupatta with all the symbolic references already discussed for that element - that is, blue usually indicates femininity, life, purity, etc., just as water does. So Maan it is an indication that Maan will give her the new life.

Another significant moment we see Maan taking out Geet's dupatta which was stuck on thorns at the office and both of them are touching each other and Maan taking her dupatta out of those thorns……symbolizes that Maan will slowly help her to set Geet free from her misery and obstacles so now the symbol together they will fight and face the problems.

An episode where Maan wipes his face with Geet's dupatta to clean the ink symbolizes that Maan is also taking help of Geet to overcome his past and yellow dupatta signifies that Geet is the hope for Maan's happiness. Also we see how he covers Geet with the dupatta in front of Raasika which signifies that Maan will protect her honor and respect and will not let others do any harm on her reputation.

Then when Geet's tell Maan about her pregnancy and she was trying to tell him the whole story, we saw both of them mere inches away and Maan was holding her green dupatta.. so that time green dupatta signifies jealousy, envy, and misfortune.

Sept 21st-    - Geet's  duppatta is stuck again with Maan. This time  it was the Gathabandhan where a knot is tied using the ends of the clothing worn by the bride and groom(dupatta & Maan's watch)  and as in marriage the knot signifies the sacred wedlock

There are many more dupatta story but for now lets stop..

Other symbols

Taveez.....we all love it and know it!

Candles- We see repeatedly that MSK burning candles in darkness symbolizes that in the hour of darkness he will be the light of her life and wherever she will go she will take his love always. He assuring her that even the wildest storm won't be able to keep him away from her!

Roses (white & RED) combo shows the unconditional love between them.

Nov 23- Store room.....full of symbolism

That day  another loop was closed by Nissar….remember that dark room where MSK was there locking himself and clinging to his past where Geet tries to enter but in this epi we saw a similar room where Geet enters again but before MSK !

Dark room slowly becomes illuminated as Geet enters and we see two statues of goddess, room full of boxes, ray of light coming from outside, two doves near each other. Then Geet slowly walks towards the boxes where lights are falling which signify how Geet was igniting all the happiness of their love !

Statues of Goddess -

Geet enters the room in between the two statues of goddess. According to Vastu decoration the two statues kept on the side of each door signify that both the sides of door are believed to protect the home dwellers from any untoward event.  So it signified that Geet is protected from all evils!

Doves-

Doves are symbol of peace and love so two birds are together so Maaneet together….when chandelier falls …MSK pulls Geet and doves fly signifies that Doves are sometimes released at Christian weddings.. so they completed their vows in marriage that day.

Ray of light

Geet enters towards light and start opening the boxes...shows she has opened her past and removed her emotional and past baggage's and she opened three boxes...

First one.....her pregnancy
Second one- Fake marriage
Third one- Dev the culprit... So it shows that she opened herself and brought light to her past !

There are other symbolism but before you'll throw tomatoes I'll stop here.

Edited by Malihaluvmyself - 15 January 2011 at 3:16am
ainaGURTI IF-Sizzlerz
ainaGURTI
ainaGURTI

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 7:56am | IP Logged
mchopra

Angel : lets go baby..

The baby looks up and sees the angel protecting her till yesterday smiling down upon her and holding a hand to her .

The baby shakes her head and clings harder to the cord .

Angel: U cant stay here anymore, god wants you back with himself.

Baby: but mamma wants me too, she loves me.

Angel looked at her with a sad smile.

Angel: I know ur mamma loves u a lot but the outside world doesn't let her be happy and now its her time to be unhappy again. U must leave her and come with me.

Baby: No mamma has no one except me in her life. She will be all alone if I too leave her.

Angel: baby, mamma has papa too now.

Baby: but papa fights with mama

The baby puts on a sad face. 

Angel eyes are filled with tears now. She had taken many children
away before but this one, the child for whom this girl had given up everything,
even the angel didn't have the heart to take her. But God had given her clear
orders to bring her back. The child who had been the reason for this girl of 18
to live.

Angel: papa fights with mama coz he loves her.

Baby: But papa forgets about mama when he is angry, he
hurts her too.

Angel had no answer to this. She didn't know what to say.

She usually had answer to all the questions but today she failed. For the first
time the angel had run out of words and explanations to the little one.

Angel: baby come we are getting late. I cant leave u here, mamma will be up any moment

Baby: But mamma will not be able to live without me.

Angel: baby she will learn to and u can come back to her later but not now.

The baby was baffled at this statement. If she could come back later why couldn't she stay now.

Baby: have I been a bad girl.

Angel: no baby u have always been good. U have supported ur mamma and given her strength when she was weak u have been a good child to her always.
Baby: then why should I come 

Angel: baby ur mamma needs to learn to live with papa too and she thinks only about u all the time not papa.

The baby chuckles at this.

Baby: see my mamma loves me so much.

Angel : I know baby.

Baby: papa, loves me too u know that and he is happy that mamma thinks of me more than him.

Angel: papa loves u and mamma more than u know baby but..

The angel was again lost for words

Baby: I can come back later..

Angel: Yes u can..when mamma and papa call you, you can come back to them and at that time I promise I will let u be with her always.

Baby is confused what to say to this.

But baby ehsaas ( I named her that) does not wanna go with angel. She cant leave mamma all alone and go.Yes papa is there but mamma will be shattered if she goes.  She is thinking of some thing to say so that he can stay back with mamma.

Baby: what will mamma do once she knows I am no more with her. 

Angel knows very well that mamma will never be able to get hold of the fact that her baby left her all alone in life. Mamma had fought against the world for the baby and now baby also leaves her. Mamma will take days or even months to accept the truth.

Angel: baby papa will help her to live ahead..i promise u that..papa will be always with her..he will stand with her whenever she needs him..

Baby: papa will be with her, but mamma will not be able to take it in that I left her..i know my mamma I know her.

Angel : Baby mamma will have to live with that..I cant leave u here..not with these people the outside people do not like u and they will harm u .

Baby: I am not afraid till I have my mamma and papa with me. I know they will protect me always.

They hear a voice..its mammas.

" baby I will be ok..dont worry and don't worry u will be ok too..i know I hurt u but papa will take care of us..i know he will.."

That's the last words that mamma spoke before darkness surrounds the baby..

They hear another voice.."angel come back with the baby I cant give u any more time.."

Angel: come baby..we have to go now..

Baby: but..

Angel: u heard him we have to'I am sorry..

The baby is in tears by now..but she knows she has lost the battle..

She says: mamma I will come back, I will back whenever u call me and then I will be with u forever..i am sorry to leave u like this..but I know papa will take care of u..and mamma u love me na so take care of urself for me..i will come back soon..

With this the baby ehsaas hands over herself to the angel and the angel and baby leave..

In the world outside..the doctor says.." sorry Mr.Khurana I couldn't save the child.. but your wife is out of danger now.."

Edited by Malihaluvmyself - 15 January 2011 at 3:17am
ainaGURTI IF-Sizzlerz
ainaGURTI
ainaGURTI

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 7:58am | IP Logged
knitting out the REAL stuFF off.....

MAAN SINGH KHURANA!!!

The carpenter's SyndromeLOL

Indeed Maan singh Khutrana should ba a carpenter by profession only then can he meet success no use of running behind wodden blocks  & cursing them'..

ClapFeatures of carpenter's syndrome::Clap

Mental deficiency is also common with the disorder, although some patients may have average intellectual capacity' am I not right ???

Wink  Tower-shaped skull ( for hid Endless growing hairs)

Big smile   Additional or fused digits ( all his digits r fuded & he knows oly to run away from geet cant stand)

EmbarrassedReduced height.( reduced height of Brains' never thinks.. never never'..

Sweetness Cherished'..Clap

EmbarrassedThe sweet love is Amazing power of nature'..Embarrassed

LOLLove changes'..LOL

WinkAspergers Syndrome 'Confused Carpenter's syndrome ' OuchSopite SYNdrome

Asperger's Syndrome often prefer their own company. ( ANGRY YOUNG MAAN)Angry

They are not interested in fashions, trends and celebrities and may seem to live in their own private world.( MAAN SINGH KHURANA WAHI KARTHA HAI JO USI ACCHA LAGE )Embarrassed

Any interaction with peers may be one-sided as they tend to talk exclusively about their interests and do not ask any questions.( GEET CHUP BILKUL CHUP, JAB BOSS ORDERS DE RAHA HAI JUS LISTEN)Dead

Social responses are often inappropriate.( FILE KHARAB KARDI PHIR BHI Masti KE MOOD MAI )Sleepy

The sopite syndrome is a neurological disorder that relates symptoms of fatigue, drowsiness, and mood changes to prolonged periods of motion & disinclination for work''..Clap

Kc will soon go in for auction !!!

DEV SINGH KHURANA!!

PETRIFIED MAN DEV :Clap

tell me does any of his single CEll also attempt to do any work ? 

he stands petrifeid walks petrified & ythinks PETrified!!! Dead

VICKY SINGH KHURANA!!

ANWESHA SINGH KHURANA!!

SAVITHRI DEVII!!!! Dadi is the most in CONsistent character is the whole series ??

Y does she do a summersault of her ?? plzz dadima turn ur age' ACT urself ?

the good dadi in search of bahu rani!!!

fixing up bahu rani as secretary'.

trying hard to make maan or geet CoNfess the love story!!

accepting geet on dinner date!!

forcing for Engagement??

chucking geet out ??

begging Geet to come back to maan's life?

&&& NOW ? staring wen she is back??

Tell me u have AD( ALzehiemer's Disease)!!! Then ll shut ma mouth & take back these words'. 

MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS dadi.......LOL

A  person with MS can suffer almost any neurological symptom or sign.. ll jus write very shOTRt....
 Uhthoffs phenomenon, an exacerbation of extant symptoms due to an exposure to higher than usual ambient temperatures...

so afTER seeing HAWT haWT maan doing TAI chii stuff her temperature RISes & her underlying CONditions flares up!!!

SHE back to the MId point of her pendulum : GEET u R right!!! 

&&& one more impoRTANT FEAture of this DIsease is tat the patient has character modification towards FRIENDliness & SWeet Behaviour : 

so u see this ezplains herattitude towards NT & DEV...... Cry

Edited by Malihaluvmyself - 14 January 2011 at 6:48am

Go to top