Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

Happy Birthday to Mohd. Rafi Saahab: (Page 2)

xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 5:05am | IP Logged
Rafi Saahb was a perfect singer. Voice quality, range, throw, expressions, pitching - he had all of this but his singing was still more than the sum of these parts. Rafi Saahb founded the style of filmi singing that, despite being connected to popular music, will stand the test of time; his singing will stay relevant and resonate for many years to come.

His personality was surprisingly down-to-earth for such a successful and talented man. He led a virtuous life and you can hear his integrity in his singing.

Happy Birthday Rafi Saahb! I listen to Rafi songs everyday but today is more special because I can tune into the radio and expect them to play his songs!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JasToronto

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 10:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by xobile

Rafi Saahb was a perfect singer. Voice quality, range, throw, expressions, pitching - he had all of this but his singing was still more than the sum of these parts. Rafi Saahb founded the style of filmi singing that, despite being connected to popular music, will stand the test of time; his singing will stay relevant and resonate for many years to come.

His personality was surprisingly down-to-earth for such a successful and talented man. He led a virtuous life and you can hear his integrity in his singing.

Happy Birthday Rafi Saahb! I listen to Rafi songs everyday but today is more special because I can tune into the radio and expect them to play his songs!

today i passed by an auto and he had a rafi song playing on the radio :P
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by old-black-joe

Originally posted by xobile

today i passed by an auto and he had a rafi song playing on the radio :P

Aah, Rafi's birthday brings awesome music all around. I remember when autos used to blare Himesh songs all the time. :(

Unfortunately the desi radio station here is stupid and didn't play a single whilst I was tuned in.
JasToronto IF-Dazzler
JasToronto
JasToronto

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Rafi Sahab was not only a great singer but he was also a down to earth human being and a very kind person.

I read it in news paper that he used to save 10% of his earnings for the charity. He was really very hurt when a substantial amount of these charitable donations were stolen from his house and he fell sick.

I don't think that we are going to see another singer of his class in our lifetime. Happy bithday Rafi sahab.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Indradhanush

beetaurus Goldie
beetaurus
beetaurus

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Happy birthday to Rafi Sahab.  What a great singer. Rukh se zaraa Nakab uthalo...Mere Huzoor,...Janam janam ka saath hei ...Nibhanen ko..,  Khuda bhi aasman se...., Baharoon phool barsao...., and thousands of songs.
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 4:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by beetaurus

Happy birthday to Rafi Sahab.  What a great singer. Rukh se zaraa Nakab uthalo...Mere Huzoor,...Janam janam ka saath hei ...Nibhanen ko..,  Khuda bhi aasman se...., Baharoon phool barsao...., and thousands of songs.

aah yes some of my favourites :D
DesiGirl_ IF-Rockerz
DesiGirl_
DesiGirl_

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Happy Birthday Sir
We all hope you have an amazing one!
daisyluv IF-Dazzler
daisyluv
daisyluv

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 10:32am | IP Logged
One of the most Legandary Singers Of the World!! Love his singing!

Go to top