India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Madhuri's fake accent. (Page 5)

swan20 IF-Sizzlerz
swan20
swan20

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 8:57pm | IP Logged
Its not that you fake an accent but when you live outside India you need to speak certain words in the local lingo so that the natives can understand you. Her hubby & children are completely American so its natural for her to adopt their style of speaking.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

irene_c111192

irene_c Goldie
irene_c
irene_c

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
I think its that she's got a bit of the american accent. Was actually impressed like when she says awesome. But the indian accent still comes out as she grew up in india. I don't belive its fake at all. Her hubbys kids friends american accent prob has a lot to do with that as well. Bound to pick up on the new sounds n dialect. She's doing great. Nice to hear a lil bit of our american english accent on a bollywood show
Micky_elle Goldie
Micky_elle
Micky_elle

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 3:36am | IP Logged
Madhuri married in 1999, so shes been in the US for almost 10 years and its natural her accent would change during that course of time. I dont think she is a fake and she has no reason to fake it.
Chits1 IF-Stunnerz
Chits1
Chits1

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 10:17am | IP Logged
I have lived in canada and singapore for 15 yrs..I never caught any accent..when madhuri speaks English..she is trying her best to copy american accent.kids pick up fast  but many adults move after marriage and then try to be a fake videshi just like madhuri
Chits1 IF-Stunnerz
Chits1
Chits1

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

Finally, someone who noticed her fake accent.. it does sound pretty fake. I have some uncles living in the USA, they still have this Indian accent..

I don't understand how the accent changes when she stayed there just for 5 years but actually grew up HERE for like 35 years and I'm sure she didn't speak in english all her life.. Tongue
exactly..she thinks she is american LOL..aia never caught any accent..I was brought up in India..some ppl think they are mahaan by copying the accent LOL
Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 11:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Chits1

Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

Finally, someone who noticed her fake accent.. it does sound pretty fake. I have some uncles living in the USA, they still have this Indian accent..

I don't understand how the accent changes when she stayed there just for 5 years but actually grew up HERE for like 35 years and I'm sure she didn't speak in english all her life.. Tongue
exactly..she thinks she is american LOL..aia never caught any accent..I was brought up in India..some ppl think they are mahaan by copying the accent LOL

THat is harsh...See when u live in a country which has different accent than yours (British) to fit in and to have others be able to understand one picks up local accent...

I have found Madhuri with strange accent only once in kBC...Rest of the time she is quite normal and not sounding fake..

Most indians living abroad who are born in India have 2 accents...One for desis and one for non desis...

I think we all are being bit harsh on Madhuri including MOI self in my first post...Embarrassed

Lets leave her alone folks..Embarrassed

Lady makes us Indians proud even in US...SHe is very respectable, sophisticated and professional...Has behaved so much with class in KBC with Big B...

Edited by Dabulls23 - 26 December 2010 at 12:02pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Eventideirene_c

Eventide Senior Member
Eventide
Eventide

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 11:50am | IP Logged
Agree about the two accents thing. Non-desis are unable to grasp certain words, if not spoken in their accent... esp words like route, etc.

Madhuri does roll her R's occasionally, but she is definitely not a wanna-be. We have enough of them, thank you.

Edited by Eventide - 26 December 2010 at 11:54am
papia Goldie
papia
papia

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 11:55am | IP Logged
His tone may be changed but to call it fake is like insulting the queen. She is genuine and I liked her for that.

Go to top