India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Madhuri's fake accent. (Page 4)

kinara17 IF-Sizzlerz
kinara17
kinara17

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
 i dont see any problem for that..whats the big dealConfused...if she has little bit hinglish accent i dont see any problem...its ok.. as she has been living here for 5-6 yrs thus  she will have that automatically.. its natural...her children r going to  school here..so she has to speak american way...just chill guys...Winkits happy season,festive season ..new years around the corner...u need to forgive and ignore so many things....Smile

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
I dont think its fake at all...I speak from personal experience....I'm living in the states for the past 10 years now and I too have an accent...heck I have more of an hillbilly accent since I lived mostly in the South...but you still pick up the accent.....and I'm sure she has picked up an accent....I wouldn't call it fake but yes you can tell if she's speaking with an American accent or not.....I think Malaika's accent it more wannabe than Madhuri's is
anjali10 IF-Rockerz
anjali10
anjali10

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
if its not fake, then how come in the first episode or so she said "dyance" and then in the following epis "dance" ConfusedLOL. I find it soo weird. It doesnt sound original.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Chits1

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
^that actually happens....it happed to me when I visited India recently....when talking to my brother I used the American accent....but while talking to everyone else I started to talk with an Indian accent...I didnt know I was doing it but it just happened.....same case here...Madhuri has been in India for about 3 weeks now....so its a bit justified that she switches accents

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Anjaani_Dastaanhide

Anjaani_Dastaan IF-Dazzler
Anjaani_Dastaan
Anjaani_Dastaan

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tani91

^that actually happens....it happed to me when I visited India recently....when talking to my brother I used the American accent....but while talking to everyone else I started to talk with an Indian accent...I didnt know I was doing it but it just happened.....same case here...Madhuri has been in India for about 3 weeks now....so its a bit justified that she switches accents

OKay that i have to agree with! 
i was bored and brought up in the states 

yet somehow when i go to india or when i talk to my cousins in English i somehow get an accent and i dont even try ahahaha
peachesnplums IF-Sizzlerz
peachesnplums
peachesnplums

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 5:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Taz-A.Crazy.Fan

Originally posted by Tani91

OKay that i have to agree with! 
i was bored and brought up in the states 

yet somehow when i go to india or when i talk to my cousins in English i somehow get an accent and i dont even try ahahaha

yeah, madhuri even explains it in her interview with koel purie (on the couch with koel). the episode will be telecast december 25 evening and december 26, around noon, in india.

madz said she forgets sometimes its 'daance' in india, not 'dan-ce', and she also said how her husband cannot recognize her voice on the phone when she has been in india for a while and speaks in the indian accent..he asks her what happened to your voice LOL...she also spoke about rolling the letter 'r'....hope i can see the interview online somewhere...

Edited by peachesnplums - 25 December 2010 at 5:00am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hide*Resham*

phadukaran Senior Member
phadukaran
phadukaran

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 5:17am | IP Logged
its not fake, you could tell that she has grasped the accent recently, there are more fake people with accent in bollywood, and they really sound fake... 
bulbul123 IF-Rockerz
bulbul123
bulbul123

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 8:15pm | IP Logged
yh she is faking it i dnt get it she lived all her life in idia and suddenly he ends up with american accent nt possible i live in london and its like me movin 2 liverpool and having a liverpoolian accent it nt gona happen its fake lots of indian actresses fake thier accent to sound bitish or american i hav noticed it like kagana and priyanka i dnt get it indians are like we r so proud of our culture and stuff then y r u changing yrself lolol werid

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Chits1

Go to top