Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Madhuri's fake accent. (Page 3)

peachesnplums IF-Sizzlerz
peachesnplums
peachesnplums

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 1:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nimrah

How is her accent fake? She gets a bit of an "Amreeki" accent coz she's been living there for over 5 years.. and when that accent gets mixed up with her Indian accent, it ends up sounding weird.. when she speaks some specific words.. It happens.. she's been living there for quite long and her kids must speak some hardcore accent bhari english.. LOL So, while talking to them, you tend to pick up some accent.. And please, Madhuri is the last person whom I'll accuse of being fake or a wannabee! LOL

yeah, not only her kids, even her husband has a heavy american accent (anyone recall the kbc season 1 episode, where madz and sachin tendulkar participated...she used 'phone a friend' to call him, and he had a heavy accent...and she had to ask big b to speak in english as ram didn't know hindi)

i wouldn't call it fake, even though to some it may seem like that..she has been living there for over 6-7 years and when she speaks with her husband and her kids, who have an american accent, it's bound to alter the way she pronounces some words or sentences...i've lived in US for a while, and many people i meet speak like that, where some words are pronounced in an american accent, with influences of the speaker's native tongue...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahhide

peachesnplums IF-Sizzlerz
peachesnplums
peachesnplums

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 1:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shivanggi

I dont think its fake....

Its mainly because she has been living in USA for a while now! so change would be  there no matter how long you have stay in india or usa

using myself as an example i am born in india but grew up in philippines then when is was 15 we moved here in canada... my accent is totally different its like 3 in one!
-- and i just talk normal... some words would sound in filipino accent some in indian and others canadian.... its weird

join the club shivanggi...studied in a british school in india for sometime, so i had a part british, part indian accent, and then have lived in US for 7 years...i call my accent a cocktail one - british, indian and american, or a melange, if i wanna get fancy schmancy  LOL

Edited by peachesnplums - 24 December 2010 at 5:23am
prerna4rishav IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 2:01am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12HeartEmWatson.....Lata.....hideswashbuckling

CutiePiee4 IF-Rockerz

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 4:37am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

swashbuckling

.shona. IF-Sizzlerz
.shona.
.shona.

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
dnt think her accent is fake. Confused
ShellyB IF-Dazzler
ShellyB
ShellyB

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
i always felt she had a slight American accent while pronouncing certain words which has gotten stronger since migrating to USA but i don't think its fake when you live in a country for a long time you tend to pick up the accent maybe not fully but definitely a slight hint 

e.g. my dad grew up in bangladesh spent most of his life in London his accent when speaking english is a mix of bengali/cockney-posh english mixed into one

the most fake accent i've heard is aishwaria rai's british accent... now that is what you call a fake accent!!

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by Chits1

When she uses English words,she tries to put on an american fale accent...like vaast LOL

As an Indian living in USA for the past ten years I can say the 'V' words are where we get screwed the most. Its not a fake accent thing.

Indians use a hard 'V' its almost a 'W'. Have an Indian say water and vase. The v in vase is almost as hard as the w in water. As Indians we have the ear to distinguish the sounds.

In USA 'v' is much softer. The western ear cannot distinguish between our V and W sounds. People give me a hard time when I say veggie because it sounds like wedgie to them. So Indians tend to get very conscientious of V words and other common audiophile & accent issues. The net result can be a very awkward and fake sounding pronunciation that is neither here or there .

Edit to add: Wanna really watch the most fake pretentious accent? Aishwariya Rai's US interviews with Oprah et al. 

Dang girl I go thru with this each day with my name ..
How abt S and SH...Many indians especially gujjus  say see instead of She

Most call me Warsha  CryCryCry  LOL  Warsa CryLOL

nycsweetie IF-Sizzlerz
nycsweetie
nycsweetie

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
i dont think her accent is fake as she has been living in US for a while now but since I live in NY, her accent does seem a little odd to me but thats because her accent is a mix of hindi & english and I am used to hearing New York english

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.....Lata.....

Go to top