We are like Jai and Veeru of Sholay-Chanders dad

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:42am | IP Logged
We are like Jai and Veeru from Sholay
STARONE.IN

Chander's father believes in sharing a healthy relationship with his son and that can't be attained by being stern but by befriending him.

STARONE.IN

Unlike other fathers on the television today, he believes in being an unconventional and progressive father to his son. But this doesn't mean that he has overlooked the Indian values and ideology whilst bringing his son up. For what Chander is today is completely because of his father who has instilled the much needed values in him. He is sensible and intelligent because of his father.

Says the doting father, "I find our pair to be similar to that of the pair of Jai and Veeru from Sholay. I am the talkative Veeru and Chander is the silent Jai amongst us. This doesn't mean that he is not humorous. The chap has a very wry sense of humour. I am different as a father on the show unlike what you get to see on TV today. I am not stern or authoritative. I infact believe in befriending my son so that he doesn't think twice before sharing his feelings and emotions with me. Our family comprises of just the two of us and I solely am his father, mother, sister and elder brother. Like a caring mother, I can easily sense and gauge his tensions and troubles. I can read his mind effortlessly and can understand when he is troubles or hassled. I cook for him and take care of him."

Cut to real life, Ajay Rohilla, who has featured in critically acclaimed movies like Gangajal, Bandit Queen, Satta and Mangal Pandey and essays Chander's father is the same in real life too. He is a friend to his son. He says, "Treat your son like a friend as then only will he be comfortable sharing all his experiences and plans with you. I have always told my son that when you think there is no need to take my permission for something and it can be done in m presence, you are not wrong. But you will wrong me the day you think you need to take my permission for something. As that would mean you are not certain about the thing and you seek my approval."

Sticking true to his character, he also teases his son about girls. He wants to see Chander and Alka together in the nearing future. "I always tell him that at his age, I used to be a Casanova and had so many girlfriends and feel that he should take a leaf out of my diary. I have had a colourful past and keep making jibes at him for being so shy."

Talking about the couple of Alka and Chander, the loving father says, "They make for a cute couple. I think together they can become a great asset to the society for they can work together for the betterment of the country. I was more hurt than Chander himself when I came to know that Alka is already taken. I pray that they come together in the future."

We are with you on this as we too want the sensible Chander to get together with impulsive Alka, because that certainly makes for a deadly combination. Watch it all on Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein, Monday to Saturday, 9:00 pm on STAR One.

StarOne news
Neha Maheshwri/Hill Road Media
StarOne news
Thursday, December 23, 2010
STARONE.IN
 like   0  LIKE 

http://starone.in/news/1122/we-are-like-jai-and-veeru-from-sholay.aspx

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kalapahadautorikshamalwica2Prinsesse.Suvi

Prinsesse.Suvi IF-Sizzlerz
Prinsesse.Suvi
Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing
_sana.Magic_ IF-Rockerz
_sana.Magic_
_sana.Magic_

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 4:10am | IP Logged
So sweet...I really like chander's dad

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index