Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

#*Devil's Den*# The RetuRn of the pHamoUs EgGs (Page 9)

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:24am | IP Logged
@Maansa:This is what will happen if they take my ideas..in fact I hv even mentioned breakfast scene in my passion thread in a different way but was thereROFL....So u see if they copy me I can very well guide them and show them how to return the old charm of the show backROFL......u always don't need hot scenes to bring old charm back..sometimes even simple scenes like these do the trickWink....but noone hires me as CV naCryLOLLOL

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

anjalireddyy84MarshPmaansaBingepanchjun5DillikudimchopraSofnaMishtyShonaArwen.SoapoperasrfunTheRowdiestAnjanaYYZ

BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:25am | IP Logged

"[A story] is only as good as its villain. Since the heroes and the gimmicks tend to repeat from [story] to [story], only a great villain can transform a good try into a triumph." ~ Roger Ebert 

What a lovely quote to start your analysis with Marshie...one of the fundamentals of good story telling and one which is forgotten by a lot of writers!

He was believable as the hero. However, underneath it all was a man with a dark soul; he is a master charmer, a womanizer, a pathological liar and an opportunist. He is a man who gambled away his wealth and tricked a young girl into a fraudulent marriage for money.  He schemed, he calculated and exploited a girl's innocence for his advantage and he never repented, not even for a second. Dev Khurana was the devil in disguise. 

True hallmarks of a sociopath...had the situation allowed the writers to keep him as one!

A man is a product of both nature and nurture. 

This could have been such an interesting back story to focus on. What made Dev and more generally the Khurana men the men they are in the series now. 

Villain vs. Saint

Dev as a villain makes sense. His foundation was all perfectly laid out to be the villain; the ultimate villain who will give Maan a run for his money, a true, evil genius. A story is that much more engaging when the hero and the villain are siblings, much like Cain and Abel. The Good vs. Evil, Light vs. Dark. It is the conflicts and variations among characters that captivate the audience, not homogeneity. 

This was one of those show-changing decisions...making Dev regretful for his actions. I know the writers hands were tied...but what a pity! 

Other villains may come and go, but Dev Khurana will always be the villain of GHSP. Dev is the one who made Geet everyone's Parayi; it is her story, for that reason he is the ultimate villain. Dev's character might have lost its sophistication, but his actions must not be forgotten. Every story has a villain for a reason; the villain is the driving force behind the story. The story continues till the hero defeats the villain, may it be a dragon or a highly intelligent psychopath with a sadistic sense of humor.

I hope this happens. I hope Dev's character is resurrected as the villain along-side NT...a true match made in heaven!

Edited by darlunia - 23 December 2010 at 10:25am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

sumz3winonaBingeMarshPmaansajyoti06Arwen.SigmaMeetu_AnuSofnaMishtyShonaCute_Ash

liv2laugh IF-Sizzlerz
liv2laugh
liv2laugh

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Hello Devils Hug

@ Jyo
Moi is CONphused. Need some guidance Confused

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

maansajyoti06mchopra

mchopra IF-Sizzlerz
mchopra
mchopra

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:27am | IP Logged
hello and bye...my head is bursting with pain..i give up..i have been trying to write..but ahhh my head..if i survive with this headache i shall be back..
me ok with the epi..loved one thing..CRAVINGS for golgappe eraly in the mrng..u see i thought i was the only one who wanted golgappe any time of the day..geet made me feel so GOOD..ahh i feel like hugging the screenplay writer..and one more thing..how did MAAN mix mushrooms in omlette..i tried capsicum once it tasted awful..since then i stick to my onion omlette..and ARJUN he disgusts me..yuck..sicko..guy u want revenge..if u do what dev tried i will kill u..and stay away from GEET..
thst all baaki i will bebback if i survive..
PS: next time even i wnna be a prt of poetic jugalbandi..i try with so many people..but reading my awful stuff people run away after two poems itself..hehe.. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Bingemaansapanchjun5jyoti06MishtyShona

Lhethal.Me IF-Sizzlerz
Lhethal.Me
Lhethal.Me

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:28am | IP Logged
CHRONICLES OF THE 'ANDA'

I sat in ma basket waiting for NAKEWL (Blush blush) to come caress me and then split me apart....Bringing out the best in me!!!(yellow and white!).....

I sat there in anticipation waiting for that magical touch...and yet I felt a stranger. I blinked in confusion and looked up with my imaginary eyes to see who my rapist was......It was urrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh MAAN SINGH KHURANA!!!

The filthy man didn't bother washing his hands...He soiled my skin and broke with no tenderness!! (I HAAAAT HIM!) Nakewl would have been soooooo caring. He then took my better half and fried it carelessely....and those humongously yakety mushrooms were added to me.

He called me 'CONTINENTAL'.....(A'ole!) Nakewl would have purred "Eggie darling"

There I go....tossed into da dustbin....I knew it!!!

Maan Singh Khurana touched me.....Ma Kismat is gone for a sixer!!!

Someone plz contact EGG RIGHTS COMMISSION.....I have been wronged!

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Punjaban10noe23Armu4evaanjalireddyy84maansaBingepanchjun5jyoti06MishtyShona

maansa IF-Rockerz
maansa
maansa

@Jyoti....its true...we dont have to have passion always for a good epi.... this was the proof Big smile it was sweet and funny but still it worked...  for me atleast LOL

@arwen...i couldnt agree more... we always get something worse if we crib....ROFL
ROFLROFLROFL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sravs_10panchjun5jyoti06MishtyShonaSoapoperasrfun

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Marsha u hv written everything flawlessly about Dev's character...spot onThumbs Up..and let me send this thread to my birdie right nowApprove...

In fact when I look back at previous episodes I remember not just in HP but even in Delhi Dev always came out as a selfish person who is not too much attached to his family but in fact he was jealous of the fact that he has nothing while MSK has it all....so now all of a sudden his drastic saint act without any proper justification is almost impossible to digest ..reason why Dev's character never got any sort of sympathy from the general viewersSmile...

Another thing which goes against his sainthood is that he very conveniently declared to the world that NT is the main culprit and he is just a victim which is utter nonsenseAngry...NT never asked him to go and sleep with Geet and he knew very well that its a fake marriageAngry./..so after all this if he goes scotfree just because all of a sudden CVs made him a saint...then that will b the biggest disaster of this seriesThumbs Down

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

noe23chipmaansapanchjun5SoapoperasrfunmchopraSofnaMishtyShonaSigmaAnjanaYYZ

winona IF-Dazzler
winona
winona

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Jyo in the first scene suddenly she says don't call me Hoshiyarpur express. He did not call her that in this scene. May be they chopped the scene

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

panchjun5jyoti06Soapoperasrfun

Go to top