Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
👏👏👏 Awesome analysis Marsh. I totally second, third, infinite that. Dev is the true villain of the show and he should go down being one. According to me, that will be the best twist to the show, redeeming the actual villain. If it was Dev's planning all along to make NT look like the bad one whereas, in reality, all he wanted was a way to get out of what he had done, it will be splendid. Very nice view point.

Today's Ups - 
1. Although a filler, today's episode was good. Nothing seemed out of place and before I realized the episode was over. A good light one after 2 days of heavy drama. I don;t mind such fillers.
2. I like the way Geet and Maan communicate. They know how to keep each other grounded. Geet made it clear to Maan that she will not apologize for everything. They compliment each other so well.
3. Daadi, Un-wesha, Na"kool" ganging up against Maan. He is so cute when he gets angry.
4. Tears in Maan's eyes. This was kind of symbolic for me. Shows that he will go to all extremes to make Geet happy and comfortable. If he is wrong, he will make it up to her in someway.
5. The star of today's show - Na"kool". He can speak Engleesh. Great going Na"kool". Ab ghar ke baaki logon ko bhi thodi angrezi sikado.

Today's downs - 
1. Un-wesha cannot act. Arjun and Un-wesha is becoming unbearable for me because neither one can act well. Certainly Arjun is better, but Un-wesha makes it look like a joke. Hatao usko.

Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@All .. NM makes me appreciate AS 🤣🤣🤣 just as tadap tadap made me appreciate Mahiii 🤣🤣🤣

not that i want AS back 🤣 just NM to go away 🤢
MarshP thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@Lolli: NOW you appreciate my LoBer boi!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
@Maansa:This is what will happen if they take my ideas..in fact I hv even mentioned breakfast scene in my passion thread in a different way but was there🤣....So u see if they copy me I can very well guide them and show them how to return the old charm of the show back🤣......u always don't need hot scenes to bring old charm back..sometimes even simple scenes like these do the trick😉....but noone hires me as CV na😭😆😆
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

"[A story] is only as good as its villain. Since the heroes and the gimmicks tend to repeat from [story] to [story], only a great villain can transform a good try into a triumph." ~ Roger Ebert 

What a lovely quote to start your analysis with Marshie...one of the fundamentals of good story telling and one which is forgotten by a lot of writers!

He was believable as the hero. However, underneath it all was a man with a dark soul; he is a master charmer, a womanizer, a pathological liar and an opportunist. He is a man who gambled away his wealth and tricked a young girl into a fraudulent marriage for money.  He schemed, he calculated and exploited a girl's innocence for his advantage and he never repented, not even for a second. Dev Khurana was the devil in disguise. 

True hallmarks of a sociopath...had the situation allowed the writers to keep him as one!

A man is a product of both nature and nurture. 

This could have been such an interesting back story to focus on. What made Dev and more generally the Khurana men the men they are in the series now. 

Villain vs. Saint

Dev as a villain makes sense. His foundation was all perfectly laid out to be the villain; the ultimate villain who will give Maan a run for his money, a true, evil genius. A story is that much more engaging when the hero and the villain are siblings, much like Cain and Abel. The Good vs. Evil, Light vs. Dark. It is the conflicts and variations among characters that captivate the audience, not homogeneity. 

This was one of those show-changing decisions...making Dev regretful for his actions. I know the writers hands were tied...but what a pity! 

Other villains may come and go, but Dev Khurana will always be the villain of GHSP. Dev is the one who made Geet everyone's Parayi; it is her story, for that reason he is the ultimate villain. Dev's character might have lost its sophistication, but his actions must not be forgotten. Every story has a villain for a reason; the villain is the driving force behind the story. The story continues till the hero defeats the villain, may it be a dragon or a highly intelligent psychopath with a sadistic sense of humor.

I hope this happens. I hope Dev's character is resurrected as the villain along-side NT...a true match made in heaven!

Edited by darlunia - 13 years ago
liv2laugh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hello Devils 🤗

@ Jyo
Moi is CONphused. Need some guidance 😕
mchopra thumbnail
hello and bye...my head is bursting with pain..i give up..i have been trying to write..but ahhh my head..if i survive with this headache i shall be back..
me ok with the epi..loved one thing..CRAVINGS for golgappe eraly in the mrng..u see i thought i was the only one who wanted golgappe any time of the day..geet made me feel so GOOD..ahh i feel like hugging the screenplay writer..and one more thing..how did MAAN mix mushrooms in omlette..i tried capsicum once it tasted awful..since then i stick to my onion omlette..and ARJUN he disgusts me..yuck..sicko..guy u want revenge..if u do what dev tried i will kill u..and stay away from GEET..
thst all baaki i will bebback if i survive..
PS: next time even i wnna be a prt of poetic jugalbandi..i try with so many people..but reading my awful stuff people run away after two poems itself..hehe.. 
TheLastCarnival thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
CHRONICLES OF THE 'ANDA'

I sat in ma basket waiting for NAKEWL (Blush blush) to come caress me and then split me apart....Bringing out the best in me!!!(yellow and white!).....

I sat there in anticipation waiting for that magical touch...and yet I felt a stranger. I blinked in confusion and looked up with my imaginary eyes to see who my rapist was......It was urrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh MAAN SINGH KHURANA!!!

The filthy man didn't bother washing his hands...He soiled my skin and broke with no tenderness!! (I HAAAAT HIM!) Nakewl would have been soooooo caring. He then took my better half and fried it carelessely....and those humongously yakety mushrooms were added to me.

He called me 'CONTINENTAL'.....(A'ole!) Nakewl would have purred "Eggie darling"

There I go....tossed into da dustbin....I knew it!!!

Maan Singh Khurana touched me.....Ma Kismat is gone for a sixer!!!

Someone plz contact EGG RIGHTS COMMISSION.....I have been wronged!
maansa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@Jyoti....its true...we dont have to have passion always for a good epi.... this was the proof 😃 it was sweet and funny but still it worked...  for me atleast 😆

@arwen...i couldnt agree more... we always get something worse if we crib....🤣
🤣🤣🤣
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Marsha u hv written everything flawlessly about Dev's character...spot on👍🏼..and let me send this thread to my birdie right now...

In fact when I look back at previous episodes I remember not just in HP but even in Delhi Dev always came out as a selfish person who is not too much attached to his family but in fact he was jealous of the fact that he has nothing while MSK has it all....so now all of a sudden his drastic saint act without any proper justification is almost impossible to digest ..reason why Dev's character never got any sort of sympathy from the general viewers😊...

Another thing which goes against his sainthood is that he very conveniently declared to the world that NT is the main culprit and he is just a victim which is utter nonsense😡...NT never asked him to go and sleep with Geet and he knew very well that its a fake marriage😡./..so after all this if he goes scotfree just because all of a sudden CVs made him a saint...then that will b the biggest disaster of this series👎🏼