Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Articles..REHMAN in the finals/city nightingale

amukta IF-Dazzler
amukta
amukta

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 4:26am | IP Logged

The city nightingale

Nupur ChaudhuriTags : City girl Abhilasha ChellamSa Re Ga Ma Pa,A R RahmanPosted: Thu Dec 23 2010, 05:12 hrs

City girl Abhilasha Chellam is ecstatic about making it to the top three finalists on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa

Her voice has mesmerised the city ever since she was just a toddler. Be it in reality shows, cultural concert stages or in the confines of her home, heads have nodded to her tunes and hands have applauded her excellent command over rhythms. And today, she has kept listeners across the country glued to their seats, their minds drowned in the sweetness of her voice. Twenty-one-year-old Abhilasha Chellam is one of the three finalists of music reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa on Zee TV and she has immersed herself in practice sessions for the big day. The finale episode will be aired on December 25.

The competition has been a tough, roller-coaster ride for her. "All the contestants were so good and everyone was out to prove their mettle. The competition has been really tough. Of course, I too put up a tough fight, which is why I've made it to the top three finalists! But there were several instances when I thought that the opportunity to win is going to just pass me by or that I am going to blow it! Thankfully, that didn't happen," she reveals.

The show has given her some of the most memorable and challenging times. One can sense the excitement in her voice as she recounts the time when A R Rahman was on the show. "I was so excited," she says, wonder-eyed. "He appreciated my singing and that turned out to be a very pretty lucky day for me overall," she smiles, happy that her talent has helped her share the stage with renowned names in the world of music.

... contd.

Edited by amukta - 23 December 2010 at 4:48am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Fan_Number1tulipbaby53

amukta IF-Dazzler
amukta
amukta

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 4:46am | IP Logged
 REHMAN IS ALSO A GUEST IN THE FINALS

ompetitors yet friends
Rachana Dubey, Hindustan Times
Email Author
Mumbai, December 23, 2010
First Published: 14:05 IST(23/12/2010)
Last Updated: 15:54 IST(23/12/2010)
share more...
0 Comments         
 email     print
This Saturday, singers Abhilasha Chellum, Khurram and Bishakh Jyoti Mazumdar will compete with each other in the concluding episode of Zee TV's Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar. The climax will be aired live and the winner decided on public votes. Eastern edge
Given 
that in most finales the eastern states of India vote the most, does Bishakh think he has an edge over his other competitors? "No," he laughs. "I'm as talented as Khurram and Abhilasha. They find me really dramatic but honestly, I adore them as friends and singers. So I would pray that they get as many votes as they deserve and I get what I deserve. I can't consider myself a winner because East Indian states vote extensively. They don't necessarily vote for a Bengali guy. They could vote for others too. I won the Bengali Sa Re Ga Ma Pa but that doesn't mean I'll win this title too," he says.

Confidence booster
Chellum had previously participated in the Marathi Sa Re Ga Ma Pacontest and made it to the finals. "It doesn't give me an edge but it definitely boosts my confidence because if I could sing in an alien language and still reach the finals, I can certainly do well in a Hindi competition. I don't know if I'll win but I'll give it my best shot," she adds.

This time around, musicians AR Rahman and Ustaad Ghulam Ali will be present at the finaletoo. Given that the contestants have performed before Rahman in the past, do they plan another special performance this time? "I will definitely impress him with my performance," says Bishakh. Chellum is keeping her fingers crossed to land a chance to work with the Oscar winner.

Big plans
Meanwhile, the contestants say that there is no anxiety or competitiveness between them. Each has a plan B ' Chellum wants to educate herself in music and use it to teach younger kids and devise a way of treating illness with music. The boys plan to become composers, cut albums and shift base to Mumbai.

"Our mentors have opened doors for us. They've made us sing for their upcoming projects; introduced us to other composers and shown us hope," says Khurram. "I'm sure this show isn't the end; it is a beginning for all of us."

Edited by amukta - 23 December 2010 at 6:36am

Fan_Number1tulipbaby53

amukta IF-Dazzler
amukta
amukta

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 5:06am | IP Logged
These reporters spelt Kamals name as KhuramConfused

The finalists are very lucky to have the best in the music Industry to listen to them instead of film stars for the finals.Great job ZeeThumbs Up I only hope the eastern states don't storm the polls with their votesOuch..DisapproveThumbs Down
This lot have been lucky to walk away with good prizes also.They are talented lot and no doubt about it.ClapClapBest of luck to all three of you and God bless you all.Smile

Edited by amukta - 23 December 2010 at 6:38am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tulipbaby53

amukta IF-Dazzler
amukta
amukta

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 8:02am | IP Logged
We in the US will be watching it later than you guys in IndiaCry

Please do not mention the winner and add a spoiler.Let the suspence be maintained for the other viewers...it is a request .

Edited by amukta - 23 December 2010 at 8:02am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Fan_Number1-Aaliyah-tulipbaby53

-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Amukta di no it's gonna be live :D

tulipbaby53

amukta IF-Dazzler
amukta
amukta

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Simi_PagalLadki

Amukta di no it's gonna be live :D
So what time will it be in the US..eastern time...?

tulipbaby53

-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
It'll start 9:30 am!

amuktatulipbaby53

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
ohh then i can't watch it b/c i'll be busy with xmas festivities! i'll just not come until sunday night Big smile

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top