Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

TB: Light man loses his life on the sets of LTL (Page 4)

Fishfish IF-Dazzler
Fishfish
Fishfish

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
Shocking...may his family have the strength to bear this immense loss....

desisisters Senior Member
desisisters
desisisters

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
May his soul rest in peace.
fairy_naaz Groupbie
fairy_naaz
fairy_naaz

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:26am | IP Logged
very sad.May Allah gives his family the strength to face the situation.My condolence to his family.
suhana19 IF-Rockerz
suhana19
suhana19

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 6:39pm | IP Logged
May his soul rest in peace and my condolences to his family 
kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 10:19am | IP Logged

TOI report about the same incident:  http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Death-on-the-sets-of-Laagi-Tujhse-Lagan/articleshow/7155632.cms

MUMBAI: In a mishap revealing how precarious life behind the arclights is, a lightman , Vijay Gupta (32), fell to his death from a 32-feet rostrum at Filmcity's helipad during a shoot early on Thursday morning. 

Gupta, working as a lightman since 1999, was on the sets of the serial Laagi Tujhse Lagan, produced by Paresh Rawal, where a romantic song was being shot between the lead pair. Gupta was fixing lights for a moonlight effect. Prem Singh Thakur, of Film Settings and Allied Mazdoor Union said, "Vijay was coming down from the rostrum when he slipped and fell on a concrete slab. His head hit the ground and he was bleeding heavily. He was rushed to Bhagwati Hospital but declared dead on admission .'' Another union member said, "Vijay had to climb the 32-feet rostrum to fit lights on top. As per union rules we are not supposed to fix lights on a rostrum beyond 25 feet.'' 

A source from the production house said, "It was a very cold night and he was coming down to have a cup of tea when he slipped.'' The unit stopped shooting immediately after the incident which occurred between 1-2 am. 

Gupta had been out of work for some time and Thursday was his first shoot with the unit. His wife Meera (28) told TOI, "He called from the location to say he won't come for dinner as it was a night shoot. I later got a call around 2 am informing of the accident.'' Gupta lived in an 8x10 room in a Dahisar chawl with his wife and three kids, aged 2, 4 and 8. '' 

When contacted, Paresh Rawal who is shooting in Mauritus said, "My production house will do all it can to help his wife and children.'' Co-producer Hemal Thakkar said, "We consider all in the film and television industry to be part of our family and we will do our best to ensure Vijay Gupta's family is financially secure. All my actors have already committed a day's pay to his family." 

Union member Rangarao Chougule said, "The union will give the family a compensation of Rs 50,000." A lightman is a daily wager who earns Rs 572 for 12 hours of work a day. Chougule said, "Most sets do not have any safety measures. We had petitioned the PM and CM to implement Employees Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision Act, 1952, and Cinema & Theatre Workers (Regulation Of Employment) Act."

- - - 

@red: Whaaaat? Romantic song? Kahaan, kidhar, kaise? LOL Moonlight effect? Ah, all you DN fans have something good coming up because of this late night meeting Tongue

Thumbs Up for the way the LTL team handled and reacted to this.

Edited by make-believe - 25 December 2010 at 10:27am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

shruti10augustsub_rosa-Ritz-ushankitvcMelodiousDreamsmeghapartikhushixAreYaar

sub_rosa IF-Dazzler
sub_rosa
sub_rosa

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 10:27am | IP Logged
@Red: The TB article says that only VR was present when the mishap had occuredConfused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

khushix

khushix IF-Stunnerz
khushix
khushix

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 10:43am | IP Logged

so there's gona be a romantic song/dance for DN out of no where? ConfusedLOL but yea TB article said only VR was there.. maybe d romantic song was for Baji-Madhu..Stern SmileLOL

Edited by khushix - 25 December 2010 at 10:43am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosa

HumaG IF-Rockerz
HumaG
HumaG

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 10:45am | IP Logged
ok so my long twisted optomistic brain is going into overdrive. i think maybe VR was only there when it actually happened i mean he wasn required in the scene he was there waiting if you get what i mean. so by those standards maybe DN were shooting the scene and so they wouldnt know what was happening until it all happened. so it means we will get jungle romance again Day Dreaming

Go to top