Sensational South

India-Forums

Sensational South
Sensational South

Tamil movie review - Manmadhan Ambu.. (Page 2)

muffins2waffles IF-Sizzlerz
muffins2waffles
muffins2waffles

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
I want to see this movie. It sounds very good and entertaining!

Roshni. IF-Sizzlerz
Roshni.
Roshni.

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 11:54pm | IP Logged

Here I go with my rantings about the movie! It may not match with the reviews given, so this purely purely my point of view!!

FIRST HALF: Waiting to see the story move ahead.
SECOND HALF: Waiting for story to end!

YAYs!!

• Suriya! Blushing He might not have been in the movie but still, the only moment, I enjoyed to the core. (Loved the conference call scene and Maddy's behaviour!)
  • Sangeeta's one liners
  • Madhavan's attitude and his acting (It has improved very vastly) I must agree that he did the role with an ease.
  • Deepa(Sangeeta)'s son Vish, he is the most amazing character in the first half, he is like the show stealer.
  • The bull scene was pretty good...It was kind of funny.

NO's!!

• The story wasn't leading anywhere.
  • Ramesh Aravind and Oorvashi's character could have been there for longer. (Oh I wouldn't comment on the acting, it was brilliant)
  • It was too vague as it just depicted that Ambu fell for Major just because she killed his wife, it was really not portrayed as love, it looked as sympathy.
  • Madhavan, I thought, had no role except for drinking, it would have been better if he was shown doing something.
  • Kamal's kavidhai- I wish, I really I wish I could understand what was happening there!
  • Ambu's character - Highly ambiguous!Ouch What was she trying to do? As soon as she confesses to Major that she killed his wife, she fell in love? (My bad! May be I'm trying to find logic in all these things!Confused
  • In every movie, Climax would be the highlight of the movie, but for me the climax was killed!
  • Usha Uthup proved that she could act, but her character was proved a waste with just nothing to do at all Stern Smile
  • Same thing with Sunanda, if at all they had to introduce her, then they could have given her some role!!
  • Well, I wouldn't want to spoil your fun,so writing it this way Wink but honestly, when Madhan does suspect for each and every tiny minuscule matter, and wants a wife according to his wishes, he could have married someone else, why Deepa(sangeeta) who has two kids? And moreover how did Deepa accept it when she was against marriage! OuchConfused

Well, I think I went with loads of expectations, but have to say I was sorely disappointed sans comedy in the last part!! Stern Smile

Let me hear your reviews too Big smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AahaanaInisabusHema_MShemmo_Manpreet_

Hema_M Senior Member
Hema_M
Hema_M

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 9:00am | IP Logged
Hello everyone,here goes mine

I just watched the movie.I agree with Roshni and Priya here first of all.

First wish to start with plus points the film scores with its excellent Cinematography.The locations were covered beautifully and its a treat for our eyes,I really loved watching them and it was different may be coz of that latest camera,red if I am not wrong.

Regarding dialogues usually Crazy Mohan Sir will be there but this time it is done by Kamal Sir himself it seems.That was really good,no wonder he is a great writer too but I felt that at some times they were somewhat of U/A certificate unlike Crazy Mohan Sir's dialogues.

Others were already told here.On the whole first half was explaining what the movie is about,at the middle was dragging and at last ending was hilariousBig smile.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Shemmo

Shemmo IF-Rockerz
Shemmo
Shemmo

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 6:56am | IP Logged
Finally yesterday i saw Manmadhan Ambu!!...The film was ok!!...
Kamal sir was good and Maddy was superb with his expressions and dialogs!!..But couldnt have been better

I think Trishas voice was good but she hadnt much to do in the movie!!

Sangeetha was ok!!

Like someone said the two kids in the film have done a nice job especially that young boy!!Clap

I loved Surya a lot and the phone conversation was nice!!...Soo cute!!Smile

Edited by Shammu26 - 07 January 2011 at 6:15am

Go to top