CHIT-CHAT thread - 2 - Page 70

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by m_kal2011

Mom is calling for dinner. So goodnight friends.
bye mitali di!

Bye everyone!..I too am going offline
Originally posted by chinnu_manikyam

I dislike poirot... He is not brilliant as Holmes is. But some cases are so brain twisting..
agatha christie has admitted that poirot has been inspired from holmes only...well,poirot has been portrayed as brilliant but a little vain about his "little grey cells" as he himself says๐Ÿ˜†
He is not so interesting as Holmes was and doesnt look good...bald headed, small man. But Holmes persona was apt to a detective with hawk eyes, tall 6ft with heavy voice. May be thats the reason.
ya, even i like holmes more....have you seen the movie "murder on the orient express"?...there poirot wasn't shown as bald,but agreed even then he didnt look smart....but you must have noted that even in the novels whenever poirot's clients meet him for the 1st time,they dont get impressed and do not have much confidence in his sleuthing skills...he has been portrayed like that only..
Orient express was a good one...poirot is bald headed as per stories. Anyway it is related to psychology anf fw follows her way. The hipnotism, face changes etc is from her side.

Holmes cases are thrilling , and thus I like it more. It needs brain and strength and doesn't focus on medicines or psychology.
have you read perry mason novels by erle stanley gardner? ADAALAT is based on that...

Orient express was a good one...poirot is bald headed as per stories. 
i know he is bald..."david suchet" has portrayed the role in the series and shown as bald๐Ÿ˜Š
Originally posted by deep_baner

have you read perry mason novels by erle stanley gardner? ADAALAT is based on that...

yupp, but the secretary is not with him now ๐Ÿ˜•.
Earlier all CID cases were as good as Holmes cases..like 639 coins or injured witness. These days they just focus onmysterious and unbelievable things.

Have you read ms.marple's 13 cases? 13 small cases as one novel? it was so fine to read.

I have read one  perry mason cant remember the name now

[

Have you read ms.marple's 13 cases? 13 small cases as one novel? it was so fine to read.

ya...THE THIRTEEN PROBLEMS....my maternal uncle had gifted that to me