Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Rani - "It hurts when they say im finished" (Page 7)

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:48am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

blytonTheBlackJaguar

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by eraser

^^ You should know that I often use sarcasm to get my point across. Wink

My point is bollywood is a sexist industry. We can accept 45-50 yr old men working in movies even after giving a string of flops and that too in the most stupid meaningless immature roles but when a 30 yr old woman gives a few flops, NOOOOO we want her to retire, to make daal chaawal at home and popping babies every other year.

isn't it how the industry works, though... rani wasn't exactly the only actress of a decent caliber of her times... and when she took over at her prime, she also replaced her contemporaries before her... it's just how the cycle works...

hate it, but our industry is like this... aur humaare chahne ya na chahne se kya hota hai.... producers and directors put their money where they know they'll be getting their investments back... and unfortunately, none of the actresses can gaurantee a hit... while most of the 40-45 year old men can... hence, they still have a thriving career, while the women are out of the running....!   simple as that... doubt things will change much....!!

and this is precisely why, despite being a madhuri fan, i do not want her to do stupid movies.... she has had a wonderful career with some great movies and awesome roles... unless she can go the raakhee way, who had awesome roles even as a mother, i don't want her to waste time in worthless movies...!!   selfish fan, perhaps i am... i don't want my favs to make a mockery out of themselves...!!

it's quite obvious rani wasn't exatly getting the best roles... most of her movies were with YRF only... or with friends (slb)... nobody is honest enough as anil to say he did not do any endorsements, because there were no offers... yahan per to whoever isn't doing any movies, are busy 'reading scripts'...!  TongueTongueTongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

blytonsmarieMeena1

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 11:29am | IP Logged
I know how you feel Rani, I felt the same way back at schoolLOL

On a serious note, I am happy to see her back and I hope she proves the critics wrong. Fight the power!!!!!!
Ozymandias IF-Sizzlerz
Ozymandias
Ozymandias

SGP Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 23 December 2010 at 5:32pm | IP Logged
If BW lets an actress like Rani finish off, then really its BW's loss. We already know how many actresses who can act are left there now...

Anyways loved the interview. Im glad she's realized that more than seeing her onscreen, we wanna see her in good films, even if that means huge gaps b/w her movies. No more falto YashRaj crap plz Rani.

Her love for Aamir is soo admirable Embarrassed And it really is sweet of her to keep saying how much she owes Aamir-SRK for her career...unlike so many others who forget who made them star once they're all popular.

Can't wait for NOKJ and Aamir one Big smile

Edited by trouble_maker - 23 December 2010 at 5:36pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.shona.Mehak_Luvs_Raniwida

Mehak_Luvs_Rani IF-Stunnerz
Mehak_Luvs_Rani
Mehak_Luvs_Rani

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kattyluv

I m more excited for NOKJ than Aamir movie.I dont trust Aamir to give equal importance to heroines(like Bebo in 3I) also there are 2 female leads so quite doubtful.Happy to see her back ,yea she wont be part of the rat race anymore but who cares? She will always be remembered as one of the BEST ACTRESS of bolly.especially on her times Ash or Priety or any1 cudnt have come close to her talent

I m still to hear it. did she again mention Aamir-SRK only as good costars?..But its a tad bit unfair Rani only keeps mentioning SRK-Aamir..She jsut did 2 movies with Aamir out of which MP was a flop.SRK well I liked them in Chalte Chalte .But I dnt think Paheli or KANK were some milestone movies.But she is always praising them upto no limits.Even though m an SRK fan she should give other costars credit too

My most favorite movie of Rani was with Saif(Hum Tum) & Amit ji(Black),then Yuva with Abhi..Then Salman how can she forget him? OK agreed they were not a succesful pair but he still did many movies with her in begginning of her career didnt he? and he always supports her and talk such nice words  about her.Then why she is like "I own my entire career to aamir-srk khans only":S

When she did Hum Tum & Black,she was already a well established actress by then!
She has ALWAYS maintained that she owes her career to Srk,Aamir and YRF because they were the one's who guided her since the beginning and supported her the most..Had they been not there,she wouldn;t have been where she is.
I am glad that she is thankful and grateful to the people who are responsible for her success and not unlike others and whatever!Big smile

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:47pm | IP Logged

I am loving Rani's aggresive side... Great answers.. , and she has looked at every situation from everyone's perspective.. rather than just looking at it from her perspective alone... it seems she has come pepared to tackle everything.. Loved her answer about rat race.. cat race.. it is imp but still in a way it is not!! I have to say that even though Rani did make a blunder by doing YRF only.. but  even in those roles.. she did try to do something diff from what she has played.. and and now that she has come back.. i am happy with her come back vehicle..Good luck to her!!

Edited by ladygaga - 24 December 2010 at 4:17pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mehak_Luvs_Rani

glitters IF-Dazzler
glitters
glitters

Posted: 25 December 2010 at 12:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mehak_Luvs_Rani

FANTASTIC INTERVIEW!!!!
Such an honest,straight-forward and nice interview.
I freaking LOVE this woman even more now!!!
Seriously,She was so honest and true in the interview-and some of her words made me cry! Saying that she cried over the fact that media wrote her off makes me realise how cruel the media can be! Poor girl..!!Disapprove
And when she said until the day my fans want to see me I'll be there and the day they say Rani Mukerji is finished,I'll die as an actor...that one line really flinched me hard..!! It just did something,I don't know!
I loveeeeeeeeee this woman unconditionally man! And i respect her even more now! And I genuinely believe she owes ALOT to her fans and when she says I am what I am because of my fans-she LITERALLY means it.

I LOVE YOU RANI MUKERJI. And I will always be with you through every bloody thick and thin.I pledge that! <3

Agree totally.

And what she said abt her fans just made my day!!!!I just love this woman..Not only is she an amazing actress but she is just so down-to-earth!There are really few stars who are like thatWink

Raniii, your fans miss you and  want to see you in movies always..Never forget thatBig smile

Edited by Natss - 25 December 2010 at 12:33am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.shona.Mehak_Luvs_Rani

Go to top