The Title is "Geet:Hui Sabse Parayee" but, what is the theme of the show? Is it "Justice"? Is it "Life"? Is it "Love"? Let's examine the evidence,haan!
This is one of the first promos of the show:
It got me to THINK! The official title maybe Geet:Hui Sabse Parayee, but its about a girl living her life - zindagi - against all obstacles. Its hopefully about her giving birth against all manacles. Its about her finding love and happiness against all insurmountables. Its about her finding Justice against all impossibles. Its as simple and complex as that. Living life ain't that easy, so lets commend her for it. Are the CVs keeping to this theme and is there story yet to be told?
Living Life - Marriage?
After many trials & tribulations, she has found a life partner and is on the cusp of marrying him. Marriage is Major and Geet definitely deserves to enjoy every moment of this phase of her life. So, lets enjoy every aspect of it with her from shopping to sangeet to suhaag raat;) The CVs are definitely on top of this element of the story. But, what about Justice? Have they dropped the ball there?
What about Justice - Did the CVs Forget about it?
Dev & NT went to jail, but both are now out on bail. That is the realism not artistic license. Most people charged with such offences get bail and it takes years and years for courts to convict for appeals to be complete.
What Happens in the meantime? Stall Tactics!
- Kill or intimidate key witnesses - that is what NT tried to do with Geet, haan?
- Pretend they are crazy, unstable or simply sick - NT's suicide attempt is not uncommon...then there r a thousand and two diseases that some "accused" individuals suddenly develop...
- Negotiate plea bargains or dropping of charges - NT's attempt to blackmail Dev and Arjun's attempt to get Maan to drop the them.
- Victims meanwhile attempt to speed up the process and acquire protective/restraining orders...
There is more in this regard that can be tried:
- Appeal is another delay mechanism
- Character assignation, yet another
- Bribery and manipulation of the process
- Witness recantation due to intimidation or trauma
- not to mention the obvious courtroom drama that might happen
-Parties on trial tamper with the evidence - i.e. make people disappear....is that what happened with Geet's family? Is that why Dev could not locate them?
So, what we have seen about Justice is not illogical, but rather realistic. The story has not stagnated. Moreover there is plenty more that can be shown.
But, they need to connect the dots for the "lay" viewer that expects justice at jet speed. Maybe have a lawyer explain the legal procss to Geet as would happen in reality. For instance what is bail? And the purpose of restraining order. I know its not a reality show, but some info may illuminate and help the viewers grasp the logic that is there.
Rhyme & Reason - this the Season?!
But, have the CVs still lost rhyme and reason? Or are Geet HSP fans hyper-critical? Maybe both? I don't think the Geet HSP team has lost "it". Have they faltered recently? Yes. They have.
1. Maaneet's Passion went MIA for a bit - u know the "tease"/"excitement" aspect of couple much in love on the verge of marriage. They have surely recovered in this aspect between the Tailoring Sequence and the Painfilled Mahi Dance
2. Story was AWOL - We were left to ponder did Maan drop the charges against NT? Why does Annie not wonder about Dev and NT? What about Vicky? The Geet HSP finally started addressing these questions although Vicky ka abhi bhi koi naam ya nishaan nahi. But, MSK does not appear to have forgiven NT nor asked Geet to do so. So, the case is still on....if we ever get there. There are a few other key q's tat CVs need to stop playing ostrich with: (1) Dev & Meera - Meera is no medusa, so Dev outside her door cannot remain forever a statue. (2) Where is Sasha - was she soo ashamed that she joined Pindi Queen's dance troop? (3) How preggers is Geet and when will it show? I want to see her throw up on Maan and him hold her hair back (that is true love along with halitosis (bad breath:P))
3. Promos & Spoilers -
They are supposed to tingle the viewer's sense and make you want to watch. Some of the recent promos failed miserably in that regard. Do we really want to see Geet answer who she is to MSK? That to a tapkofy from nowhere sister? Or get exited about pre-caps featuring Arjun&Anwesha And 1 or 2 spoilers r great, but too many raise xpectations to high and we get hurt when the execution is not upto our sky high expectations. Same goes for SBS - its needed for promotion purposes, but they should keep it to offscreen masti-mazak with only hints about the track. If we have seen more then gist of the epi on SBS/SBB/etc. then we have (a) no reason to watch if we didn't like what we saw (2) we ramp up our expectations to high. Both scenarios are counterproductive - a promo or spoiler's objective must be to create "curiosity" nothing more or less.
That said the current promo is good - why (1) It is ambiguous - does give away what will happen (2) Features Maaneet hugging & thinking marriage - wat cud be more exciting? (3) Creates tension - the needed buzz - will Arjun destroy Maaneet? If so how?