Frequent Posters

Abbyviv thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Excited, going to watch it tomorrow :D 

MeghaSRKLover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i went to watch TKS instead of TMK and that was also kinda a bit boring for me, couldnt understand a bit, wasnt even concentrating so i left @ the 10 min break time with my frns ๐Ÿ˜•
 n i thought there's gonna be ppl in there but it was just me, my 2 frnds & a couple with a wailing baby & 2 guys who tried to sneak in a chicken and chip meal to the cinema! ๐Ÿคฃ 

we were all sitting at the top (wot is it abt every1 wanting the seats @ the top anyway? ๐Ÿ˜›) & most times i was just staring at the empty seats in front ๐Ÿ˜†
this was the 12am show

just those 2 guys were entertaining
when we were all showing our tickets to get in they were checking our bags to make sure no outside food was bought in n we were gonna get angry @ them going thru our bags but then there they were with their lunch trying to sneak it in & we got the point ๐Ÿ˜† & they sure as hll didnt wanna give it up

anyway, i kinda agree with rajeev masand, it was an ordeal to sit thru even the 1st half! its fustrating becos i didnt get the point of anything i was watching & also i was a bit disappointed to see there was not even 1 kid in there or a family

even we went there cos my frnd nilima sed her lil sis wanted to go but her parents didnt allow it in the end cos they think we wont be able to look after her so we thought we planned it we might as well go anyway...bad choice ๐Ÿค”
wasted almost 2 hrs of my day
Edited by MeghaSRKLover - 13 years ago
^^^^^^

very true its a disaster
Abbyviv thumbnail
Just watched it today.. it wasn't great, but also wasn't bad as some ppl say.. i loved Ajay in it he's really good, also kajol was soooo cute.. animations are funny and good .. second half is more fun than first one, which was kinda slow for me..in general it is kids movie.. so I loved the kids reviews about it, more than the adults, after all it is kids who matter! and yeah LIKED it.. :D 
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I watched it online found a website it was sooooooooo much better than TMK Ajay and Kajol were really good and the kids were so cute but yes it was a bit dry and I agree this film is for kids

3.5/5
Toonpur Ka Superhero: Like a child's scrawl

You know that feeling you get when you see a little boy sticking his tongue out and drawing hideous shapes and figures without a care in the world. Now in his head, the kid thinks he's an artist. So what do you do? Tell the kid he will never be an artist or just encourage his continued assault on art?

Watching Toonpur Ka Superhero evokes exactly that dilemma. You don't want to be brutally honest because, well, we all know animation is still in its nascent stage in the country and can do with a little encouragement. But it's just that I am not sure if I can sit through even one more minute of Toonpur Ka Superhero, let alone one whole attempt like this.

Would this have been more palatable if say Pixar had animated this very script? Hell, no. Simply because Pixar or any other international studio financing an animation film always makes sure that the script absolutely deserves to be made into a movie and is inspiring enough to work without the presence of any star charisma and purely on the merit of the characters created digitally.

So we can't really blame the animation alone. This is hardly a story worth even telling your kids, let alone taking them for it to watch it unfold. You remember that commercial about a stunt man lamenting the fact that the hero is walking away with all the glory of his hard work?

Well, Toonpur Ka Superhero begins exactly with a similar scene and the hero misses his kid's race. That's it. The kid calls him a fake hero. And our leading man is hurt.

Lucky for him, some toons kidnap him because, well, they are his fans and want him to fight the bad guys. And he gets a chance to play hero. So we have Ajay Devgn take on race stereotype cartoons now. And, wow! He can wind them up any which way, kick them around and beat them black and blue! Duh! He is bigger. Anyway, if toons can't die or be killed, what's the point of this film?

The only time a serious conflict crops up is right at the end when human life is at stake and the director turns to a video game format to resolve it all. So much for creativity.

Our children are not stupid. They get better fare on TV. Till the day we begin telling smarter stories to kids, our animation films are going to resemble the work of that little boy with his drawing. Just sad.(I love these lines๐Ÿ˜† )

Originally posted by: ruky786

I watched it online found a website it was sooooooooo much better than TMK Ajay and Kajol were really good and the kids were so cute but yes it was a bit dry and I agree this film is for kids

3.5/5

oh u watch it online.....wowww...on which site...dailymotion? i guess i saw it uploaded by someone last nite...i am not sure its still there or not... and how was the print u saw?
Abbyviv thumbnail
Originally posted by: ruky786

3.5/5

planning to watch TMK too.. just curious๐Ÿ˜† 
yes kids were cute especially the boy so cute, but  idk there's something missing..  
next time (if ever) they need to work harder on the animations/drawing .. 3D was great tho ..I'll rate 2.5/5 .. :D
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: tweety_lovely

oh u watch it online.....wowww...on which site...dailymotion? i guess i saw it uploaded by someone last nite...i am not sure its still there or not... and how was the print u saw?

i think it was on desi**fo***s.net i just watched it just to compare it with TMK the print wasnt brilliant but i still watched it๐Ÿ˜†
MeghaSRKLover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
^yes! the bit where the cartoons kidnap him was like: puh-lezzzzze! we r not kids we're gonna believe anything u show
but then we realised its maybe made for kids so yh, we r there for no reason ๐Ÿ˜†which is y we left half way, we tried our best to stick it out but we couldnt becos it was so lame

i wud give TMK 0/5
i wud give TKS 0.5/5

it was just marginally better than tmk
both were duds for the xmas holidays n im being honest here
IMHO they were both not right for the festive season
Edited by MeghaSRKLover - 13 years ago