Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#65!!!! (Page 95)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

I also liked the first scene in the park where those two busy-body aunties asked Naina if she was married, and she responded "no, because I have a dosh in my kundali which says that after marriage my saas will die" LOL she said it so sweet and honestly I almost believed her for half a second LOL and I loved the lady (Aai?) laughing at her for that. LOL that's the one! I thought that was such a cute scene....see this is what I like about Naina....the way she handles stuff like thisLOL....the girl's a decent actress too....not that bad....and yeah the way Aayi laughed when she heard Naina say that....there was like an instant sort of camaraderie b/w them....it set Aayi apart from the usual khadoos busybody aunties and I found that sweet....and Naina with her whole 'craving for a mother's love' issues was bound to gravitate towards her....lol....yeah it gets kinda melodramatic there but the lady playing Aayi is soooooooo sweet that I don't mind it that muchLOL.....Daksh's parents are both interestingly sketched characters I feel....even the father who is a bit khadoos and very conservative but still a nice man at heart......and there is scope in the storyline vis a vis Naina's strained relationship with her mother....let's see how they handle that.

Guess I need to catch up with the last few eps then - haven't met the family but this uncle seems weird. I hope the family situation doesn't become the typical Kekta type. And I also hope the Daksh-Naina romance doesn't attract rabid fangirl-ism either Confused LOL sadly there are already some of those type floating around in the forum and dying over the lead pairLOL.....and also sadly, they've shown the whole 'tripping and falling' routine with them cuz Daksh fell on Naina in Friday's epiLOL....that's when I was like, "oh crap....there goes this show"LOL.....that's when the uncle maaro-ed an entry and started his usual crap....ughhhh he really is unbearably annoying....just doesn't shut up.....but the other characters have potential...they also showed Daksh's brother and bhabhi and they don't seem typical types.....anyways Daksh-Naina ki "love story" ka toh pata nahin but I am watching the show as of now cuz the characterizations seem ok and some things have been nicely handled.....baaki remains to be seen.

I think I've developed an odd sort of affinity towards Marathi-family based showsLOL.....first LTL, then Pavitra Ristha and now sapno se bhare nainaLOL

edit: about the article - TOTALLY agree. And WORSE....if its on SP, I might not be able to escape the ads when I'm watching something on the TV Ouch at least now I can completely avoid Star One (which is what I do, anyway), but then we might accidentally catch a glimpseDead but I don't think Star Plus can do youth. And aunties, as much as they love kitchen politics, I am sure they love bare, muscled chests and haaaaaaaaaaawtness too....pervs OuchLOL LOL dude, THAT type of aunties watch Star One anywaysLOL.....but the ACTUAL trp-generating audience from places like U.P.-Bihar....small towns etc. don't care for all this.....they identify more with saas-bahu shows cuz  convoluted hi sahi, those shows actually have some STORYLINES apart from mindless "hawtness"LOL.....KSG on SP....lol....it will le doobo the channel....apart from the screaming teens who are his fans, any other person would go 'what the hell is this KSG'?....LOL

Edited by nureat01 - 10 January 2011 at 8:02am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

psawyer

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

LOL sadly there are already some of those type floating around in the forum and dying over the lead pairLOL.....and also sadly, they've shown the whole 'tripping and falling' routine with them cuz Daksh fell on Naina in Friday's epiLOL....that's when I was like, "oh crap....there goes this show"LOL.....that's when the uncle maaro-ed an entry and started his usual crap....ughhhh he really is unbearably annoying....just doesn't shut up.....but the other characters have potential...they also showed Daksh's brother and bhabhi and they don't seem typical types.....anyways Daksh-Naina ki "love story" ka toh pata nahin but I am watching the show as of now cuz the characterizations seem ok and some things have been nicely handled.....baaki remains to be seen. LOL, really? Well, let's see how bearable it is. 

LOL dude, THAT type of aunties watch Star One anywaysLOL.....but the ACTUAL trp-generating audience from places like U.P.-Bihar....small towns etc. don't care for all this.....they identify more with saas-bahu shows cuz  convoluted hi sahi, those shows actually have some STORYLINES apart from mindless "hawtness"LOL.....KSG on SP....lol....it will le doobo the channel....apart from the screaming teens who are his fans, any other person would go 'what the hell is this KSG'?....LOL I KNOW! LOLLOL I am desperately hoping that Star One takes this one away, since it is being made by the Mahi mahi guys, they work best on SO. Otherwise the CMG and Mahi mahi fans will migrate over to SP, the normal aunties will move to Colors and force more Ekta saas bahus on that channel and us poor souls will be left with very slim pickings LOL

AreYaar

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 9:12am | IP Logged
btw, Mukti Bandhan and Phulwa start today - if you see the vids anywhere OL, let me know. Otherwise I will watch them at home tonight and discuss tomorrow LOL

edit:

Phulwa on YT already. Jai ho YT! LOL

Part 1 (parts 2& 3 are also there)

Edited by psawyer - 10 January 2011 at 9:14am

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 10:21am | IP Logged
Thanks for the links, Vas....will check it out in a bit :-)

Re: The aunties.....LOL waise kaunse bahut options hain Colors pe....I'm sick to death of these "issue based shows" as well.....Pinch
incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 10:25am | IP Logged

@Zainu/Nimrah: You guys would like this :P lol

AG has good taste, man :P lol....jokes apart....I loved how she talked about MR's acting and screen-presence cuz that's exactly the way I see it too.

Smartt girl! LOL..he does have that something about him....you know if she brush up her acting skills a bit, they'd make a good on-screen couple...
psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 10:26am | IP Logged

Thanks for the links, Vas....will check it out in a bit :-)

Re: The aunties.....LOL waise kaunse bahut options hain Colors pe....I'm sick to death of these "issue based shows" as well.....Pinch

I swear, man! There's such a dearth of good shows on TV....every show looks like a carbon copy of the one that comes before it, and even if they do start off slightly "different" they all end up the same anyway.  TRP-hoggers. There's such a lack of....sensible shows, youth-shows, not tween-shows; stories that actually matter. Such a sad state of affairs when the teens and tweens of India and beyond have role models such as the "heroines" on TV today. And who think love stories are all about trip-catch, bareshirted eye locks and crying profuse tears as the "hero" mentally tortures you Dead

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 10:27am | IP Logged
LOLL Mash....so GENEROUS you are towards AG....how benevolent of you to consider her as an on-screen pair with MR....I'm sure she'll be forever grateful to you for your generosity *rolls eyes*

You're using the 'awww' sig? Even though Nimrah's already using it? I'm shockedShockedLOL

nimrah

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 10:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

I swear, man! There's such a dearth of good shows on TV....every show looks like a carbon copy of the one that comes before it, and even if they do start off slightly "different" they all end up the same anyway.  TRP-hoggers. There's such a lack of....sensible shows, youth-shows, not tween-shows; stories that actually matter. Such a sad state of affairs when the teens and tweens of India and beyond have role models such as the "heroines" on TV today. And who think love stories are all about trip-catch, bareshirted eye locks and crying profuse tears as the "hero" mentally tortures you Dead

WORD! Sadly there are hardly any options for ppl looking for good shows....sane entertainment....on one side are the endless saas-bahu soaps with the "aadarsh" bahu/betis and caricaturishly evil vamps while on the other hand we have the "hawtnessfests" on Star One which the tween brigade will blindly lap up cuz raging hormones don't ask for sensible storylines....they ask for shirtless studs and "hawt" scenes, that's itLOLLOLLOL

We may get a Rishta.com once in a blue moon....and that also gets abruptly taken away from us *sigh*

LTL is a rare good one for character development....don't really see it being done well in most shows but LTL does it well despite its other melodramatic elements.

Go to top