Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#65!!!! (Page 94)

nimrah IF-Rockerz
nimrah
nimrah

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 4:13am | IP Logged
Haha aw! AG is cute! LOL Sometimes I watch LTL, because he's there.. LOL And I like hw she's likes there's something in him, some energy.. LOL I agree with her.. There's just something in him which is just attractive.. You get pulled into the scene which he's enacting just coz he's so brilliant.. 

Wiase Anu, did you upload that Sushita VM on some other account? I didn't get it in my subscription dabba!

And lmao! ROFL I just LOVE that W*F article! ROFL The RK, to Arjun Rampal one to the Shahid one (absolutely my favourite! ROFL) That guy sucks in tweeting yaar! LOL and that Breast Cancer awareness thing.. Uff, it was SO annoying.. the putting bra colour as your status! It was seriously W*F! LOL Yana Gupta, Ashmit Patel's video, Dolly.. ROFL ROFL Agree with ALL of it! And yes, the W*F good movie.. its SO Udaan! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 4:53am | IP Logged
To hear him speak, you don't think that Shahid Kapoor is uneducated or has a poor command on English....granted though that he seems more comfortable in Hindi, but he has never made incredible faux pas when it comes to speaking in English. So I wonder where his "unique" command of written English comes from Confused does he truly not know what he is writing or is it some kind of strange act? I have read some of his EPIC tweets before (though thankfully not the "Sonam should do her parents" one Ouch talk about Freudian slip! ShockedLOL) and he is truly a master at W*F tweeting. 

Didn't watch Rock On, so can't comment on Arjun winning an award for that....definitely agree about "something something Jailhouse Rock"....disgusting massacre and attempt to be "cool" and "funny". It's somewhat like taking Shakespeare and saying "Romeo oh Romeo....something something art thou Romeo" and expecting people to be okay with that. Though if it were up to me, I'd give We Are Family a W*F for the complete package....from the lame title (are you trying to be Mafioso, where "Family" is the provocative word, or are you simply idiots who can't speak?) to the epic crapness of the film. 

The Breast Cancer Awareness thing....meh, I was okay with it. Okay, its not going to win any Nobel Prizes for being instrumental in the fight against cancer, but it was a fun and harmless campaign, so no probs there. Ranbir Kapoor is LOL.

And ROFL at Dolly Bindra. What she doesn't seem to realise is that there is a difference in keeping someone in the show because they provide entertainment, and keeping them there because you actually like them. She was of the former. And I didn't like her. She is a dhabba on the female species. 

Edited by psawyer - 10 January 2011 at 4:55am

AreYaar

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 5:29am | IP Logged
P.S. - Anu,

So they had on a marathon of Sapnon se bhare Naina on SP yesterday and I ended up watching a number of eps. I see what you mean about the show being a little better since she left the house. I saw one ep in which she had just arrived in Mumbai and her suitcase got stolen - totally expected her to cry for an hour then stomp off to the police station in a fit of righteous anger a la most heroines. She was of course teary-eyed, but MEGA-impressed me by simply closing her eyes for a minute, giving in to the sadness, then smiling as simply moving on, no drama. Went to the hotel, calmly decided she would buy more clothes. Then the incident with the taxi driver. Granted, the whole "pretend amnesia so people gather and find out he's overcharging me" thing was a little OTT, but kudos to her for actually trying something different and getting away with it

Then the scenes in the wedding planners office. Okay, I was very annoyed at her here for a number of reasons:

1. Asking for a meeting with the boss after repeatedly being told that there is no vacancy. I understand exuberance, I understand determination - but for Christ's sake, this is bordering on unprofessionalism! You cannot just walk into someone's office, with NO QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE in the relevant field, I might add, demand a meeting with the boss WITHOUT an appointment and continue to harass him and his secretary despite being told there is no vacancy. No vacancy means no vacancy! And how on earth she managed to get past the receptionist and security to make the tea and take it into the office, I have no idea! Completely inappropriate behaviour, no matter her intentions. And just answering one question and pleasing the client does NOT mean that you are now a better wedding planner than the people who have trained for it! Complete insolence. 

2. Then the whole EKta-mai style mahaanta - "I don't work with people who don't respect others" spiel. What she was saying was understandable, but it's one thing to have principles when you have enough money to sustain yourself or actual qualifications in the field to support yourself, and another thing to hit yourself in the foot when someone, anyone, is offering you a job when you are a) new in town b) living in a hotel with limited means and c) have no professional qualifications to speak of. I  mean, just because one day I decide I want to be a plumber doesn't mean that I can go out the very next day and start plumbing! And then refuse a job on the grounds that my potential employer is a bit of an ass, and decide to start my own plumbing company with invisible money and invisible qualifications! 

What I would have appreciated more in this scenario was, if she had decided to become a wedding planner, to go to Mumbai and take up an apprenticeship with someone or take a course to learn the trade while at the same time supporting herself with any menial job that comes to hand. That is what most people in the real world do and have to do

However, throughout the incongruity of all this happening, I still appreciated her sunny nature and that she didn't shout/taunt/cry her way through all of this. She simply picked herself up and moved on. 

Then there was the whole paying guest issue. Liked how she dealt with that, though I did wonder how she could afford to leave the house without her few remaining clothes and money, since she doesn't have a job or a roof over her head. And in my opinion she should have stayed there until the wife came back so she could tell her just why her husband was locked in his bedroom....but I figure I know exactly how that conversation would go. And the random cliche of her meeting that lady in the park who would offer her a home aside, I liked their interactions. 

I didn't see any eps after that, so I don't know if this has been discussed, but I bet anything that teh lady is the mother of the lead, the man Naina met at her friend's wedding.

All in all, it has its moments of cliche and sheer ridiculousness, but I do like the way that Naina (usually) deals with situations, and that her attitude is very different to all other heroines. How long this lasts, of course, is the true test. But I think I can probably bring myself to watch the show fairly regularly for the time being LOL

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nimrah

Haha aw! AG is cute! LOL Sometimes I watch LTL, because he's there.. LOL And I like hw she's likes there's something in him, some energy.. LOL I agree with her.. There's just something in him which is just attractive.. You get pulled into the scene which he's enacting just coz he's so brilliant.. 

Wiase Anu, did you upload that Sushita VM on some other account? I didn't get it in my subscription dabba!

And lmao! ROFL I just LOVE that W*F article! ROFL The RK, to Arjun Rampal one to the Shahid one (absolutely my favourite! ROFL) That guy sucks in tweeting yaar! LOL and that Breast Cancer awareness thing.. Uff, it was SO annoying.. the putting bra colour as your status! It was seriously W*F! LOL Yana Gupta, Ashmit Patel's video, Dolly.. ROFL ROFL Agree with ALL of it! And yes, the W*F good movie.. its SO Udaan! 

Yep, AG is cute.....she has this really genuine way of talking....doesn't seem artificial at all....I really like that about her....and yes upar se, she has good taste *ahem* MRLOL....I just love how she's trying to be so nonchalant ki haan kabhi kabhi LTL dekh leti hoon for MR but you can see that she REALLY does admire his acting a lot.....even HC she just calls a 'good actor'LOL....look at how descriptive she was about MR's acting....lol....I guess that's the charm of his acting....it really can't be described.....

haha yeah I uploaded the Sushita VM on a backup account....cuz Zee tv waale usually end up deleting anything Sushita related sooner or later as well and I didn't want to lose the rest of the stuff on my account cuz of that as well toh I let it be on this one.....isko jab delete karenge, tab dekhengeLOL

LMAO yeah the W*F article is hilarioussssssss.....my fav. bits apart from the Shahid bit are the Arjun Rampal one (I SO went W*F as well....Arjun Rampal and NATIONAL award for ACTING?!....aajkal toh har kisi chindichor ko national award de dete hainConfusedLOL) and yeah the one about Ranveer.....lol.....he really was a pleasant surprise....I'm sure many ppl dismissed him looks-wise on first go but he seemed to have shocked a lot of ppl with his acting talent....lol....I remember it was 'aevein aevein' which first made me start to see that he could be really good....and watching BBB overall just cemented that opinion......And yeah finally SO true about Udaan.....best movie of the year, hands down.

Edited by nureat01 - 10 January 2011 at 7:15am
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:33am | IP Logged
@Vasu: Ah you watched some epis of Sapno se bhare naina? Yeah it did get better after she left the house.....

Yes exactly....despite some cliches and OTT situations, Naina's overall attitude is refreshing and quite different from most soap heroines....she always picks herself up and keeps on trying despite repeated setbacks....I like that.....regarding the whole "getting a job" thing....yeah it was OTT but I think she was desperate...she badly needed a job since she had no money left so that is why she doggedly kept asking the receptionist and later on the manager or whatever....Naina has been shown to be a very resourceful girl.....resourceful in sometimes weird ways....lol....like the stupid "prank" she played on the lead guy Daksh just to get his seat on the train....or the one she played on him later on at the wedding as well.....she doesn't do all this maliciously....she's mischievous I guess one can say but clever enough to somehow always manage to get things done....that's what they've shown....she finds ways and means....sometimes "ungli tedhi kar ke" lol....to get what she wants.....and so far they've shown that in some unexpected manners....like the scene with the taxi driver....she was neither "bholi bhali rondu" types cuz he was trying to swindle her and neither was she OTT "I'll slap you for no random reason" types....she handled that situation well I thought.....managed to twist the situation around in such a way that he was forced to tell her the real fare....she's new in the city but not naive to such an extent that anyone can take her for a ride.....and I like the way they showed her going through good and bad experiences....if she met bad ppl like the creepster who tries to molest her, she also met nice ppl like the lady in the park....and I really liked how she kept her wits about her in the situation with the creepster....she was scared but she still handled it well....

in the job finding also, I think they showed it well....despite the OTT-ness of her making the tea and barging into the room or whatever (I can take this much creative license....unlike crapfests like Maryada which have FAR worse going on)....the way she always tries to come up with new ideas....some encouraging responses, some not....and the way things eventually fall into place with her getting her first contract from the friend of Aayi ( the lady from the park).....I toh personally liked how they showed that progression of her managing to find work.....seemed pretty realistic compared to most shows where ppl magically land jobs.

I didn't find her meeting the lady in the park that cliche cuz I liked the simplicity and sweet genuine aspect to their interactions...the lady is very sweet and their bonding has been shown very nicely too....especially their first scene when the lady teases her and says, "woh kya kehte ho tum aaj kal ke bacche? Nagging" LOL....didn't expect her to say that.

And yeah that lady is the mom of the lead guy Daksh.....it was pretty easy to predict....he's come back home now and is livid on seeing Naina in his home.....but the actual stupid character that they've now introduced is that of Daksh's uncle who also lives in the house and is this really retarded psycho old man constantly maaroing taunts to everyone....real pain....otherwise the show was going ok.....I will have to forward more scenes to watch an epi now....lol

Edited by nureat01 - 10 January 2011 at 7:40am

psawyer

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:38am | IP Logged

Karan Singh Grover to pair up with Shraddha Arya for Star Plus show?

Monday, January 10, 2011 | 7:06:12 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 76 Comments
Karan Singh Grover to pair up with Shraddha Arya for Star Plus show?

If the buzz is to be believed, Karan Singh Grover might take up aStar Plus show, jointly produced by Endemol and Four Lions Films..

Karan Singh Grover has been away from the limelight ever since his show Dill Mill Gayye went off air!! But now, we hear that the handsome hunk is chalking his next plan to make a big comeback. 

While there is a news that Cinevistaas has approached him to be part of their next Star Plusshow, we also hear that Karan Singh Grover's comeback vehicle might be a Star Plus show with Endemol and Four Lions Films… The makers of Geet Hui Sabse Parayi are now coming up with a show onStar Plus, for which they are in talks with Karan Singh Grover

Our source states, "The show to be jointly produced by Endemol India and Four Lions Films for Star Plusis based on sibling chemistry. It is said to be the tale of a young business tycoon and his elder sister, and how their life changes when they both meet their right match".

We hear that Shraddha Arya who is a find of Zee Cinestars Ki Khoj will play the love interest of Karan. Casting is on for the girl to play the elder sister and for the guy opposite her. 

Our source states, "Shraddha has been finalized to play the lead girl. Talks were on betweenKaran Singh Grover and Mohit Sehgal of Miley Jab Hum Tum fame for the male protagonist. As of now, it looks as though Karan has given his nod and things are moving ahead, with him in the thick of things". 

Shraddha Arya has done few music videos and South films, but her first big break came in the form of the Amitabh Bachchan and Revathi starrer Nishabdh, where she played Big B's daughter. Shraddha also happens to be the ex-girl friend of actor Naman Shaw

We could not get thro' to both Karan and Shraddha for their comment on the story. 

When contacted, Producer Gul told us, "We have just shot a pilot for the show, and things are at its nascent stage. Nothing about the cast is finalized". 

We hear that Shraddha is finalized for the show, while Karan Singh Grover is yet to take his final decision. But our source tells us that there is a high chance of Karan accepting the show, as it is very much youth-based.. 

Now let's wait to know about Karan Singh Grover's decision on the same.. 
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:43am | IP Logged
LMAO....oh the irony....KSG's name associated with a "Shraddha" again.....LOL.....and a "youth show" on star plus?? Can star plus HANDLE a youth show? It's supposed to be a full on saas-bahu channel....other type of shows don't really work on SP....the aunties are SO not interested in watching the endless "hawtness" filled "youth shows"....lol.....they'd rather watch kitchen politics waali storylines, dude.

But worst of all.....this means this man will be polluting screens with his presence again....*pukes*Dead

psawyer

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:48am | IP Logged
@Anu - Yes, she doesn't do any of malicious or without reason, which is why I can mostly take the nonsense that comes with it LOL

Regarding the job situation I just found it annoying that without qualifications she was expecting him to take her on, for sheer determination and willingness to work hard. Admirable if it happened, but it rarely happens that way LOL I mean, you can try to convince people to take you on, sure; but expecting that they will out of no reason bugs me. 

And I don't know...resourceful is one thing, unprofessional is another. It was def unprofessional of her to wander into a private meeting and pretend she was a member of the team. But as you say, creative license can be exercised here. Its better than Prerna Sharma going from an interior designer to a journalist to a top businesswoman with no other qualification than a ring on her finger Ouch

The whole meeting the one lady in the park who will not only give her a home but also be related to the man she will soon fall in love with is a cliche seen many times before, but I was mostly okay with it because I also liked their interactions; and after all there had to be some kind of way to get these two to meet again. I prefer this than Daksh and her randomly meeting every five minutes in a big city like Mumbai. Most people in big cities, unless they live near each other, don't really meet that often.

I also liked the first scene in the park where those two busy-body aunties asked Naina if she was married, and she responded "no, because I have a dosh in my kundali which says that after marriage my saas will die" LOL she said it so sweet and honestly I almost believed her for half a second LOL and I loved the lady (Aai?) laughing at her for that.

Guess I need to catch up with the last few eps then - haven't met the family but this uncle seems weird. I hope the family situation doesn't become the typical Kekta type. And I also hope the Daksh-Naina romance doesn't attract rabid fangirl-ism either Confused

edit: about the article - TOTALLY agree. And WORSE....if its on SP, I might not be able to escape the ads when I'm watching something on the TV Ouch at least now I can completely avoid Star One (which is what I do, anyway), but then we might accidentally catch a glimpseDead but I don't think Star Plus can do youth. And aunties, as much as they love kitchen politics, I am sure they love bare, muscled chests and haaaaaaaaaaawtness too....pervs OuchLOL

Edited by psawyer - 10 January 2011 at 7:50am

AreYaar

Go to top