Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#65!!!! (Page 86)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Fivr-

^^ No dude! Nakku cannot have a love story with that other guy. That will make no sense after her "intense" love here.. Stern Smile

I hate it when the women/men just fall in love with someone else right after they have this epic love story before. Hated it with PM, will hate it if it happens to DN too.. If that happens, then the show is crap and then I'm out.

But lets hope ye nah ho.. Stern Smile

Then what else, Fivr??? What else is left? Or will it be like KGGK-redux with some "Suyash Mehra" type character forever pining away in Nakku's love while she in turn pines away for Dutta in her memories always? I'm not interested in watching that sobfest either.

The whole point IS that LTL is NOT an average daily soap....all these stupid storylines may work for any other typical crapfest out there but not for LTL....well not from the original storyline POV anyways....but it seems the stupider I find a show to become, the more TRPs it getsLOLLOL....so who knows....MR's exit and random new cop loverboy ki entry just might make the TRPs go up....the Indian audience is pretty retarded about the kind of stuff they like watching....can't ever predict. LTL was just too different....in treatment and acting.....with MR leaving, there will be a gaping crater sized hole in the show....and even the acting talents of Aashka as Kala can't salvage it for me....I was never a huge Nakku fan....I liked Nakku in connection to her bond with Dutta....Baaji's adorable...but again DUJI together was what was so special...so even if with MR gone, the "treatment" of the show remains the same.....it still doesn't seem salvageable to me...cuz what MR did with this show was magic to me...nothing else can match up in my eyes or make me CARE enough to watch the show.

Edited by nureat01 - 06 January 2011 at 1:40pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-nimrah

LadyMcbeth IF-Sizzlerz
LadyMcbeth
LadyMcbeth

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
I am re-watching R.com last episode Day Dreaming

nimrahAreYaar

-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 2:36pm | IP Logged

@Anu: *sigh* I know what you mean.. It really is all a well-knit show - if they remove one aspect of it, no matter how good the treatment, the show will not make it through. Maybe initially it will - MAYBE - but in a month or two it will be unbearable.

*shakes head*

I don't want to think about this anymore. I'll just quit all desi shows! Bass! Mera NCIS hi theik hai.. Ouch

Edited by -Fivr- - 06 January 2011 at 2:39pm

nimrahAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Exactly Fivr.....it is a well knit show....and I agree that you take any one principal character out like Nakku/Baaji/Kala and the balance will be disturbed but this is an EXTREME case....Dutta is the focal point of everything in this show....the most important character IMO so taking him out of the equation totally makes the whole thing fall apart like a pack of cards.....it is only to see Dutta's reactions and evolutions that I watch the thing as a whole....that is what makes it interesting.....so if he i.e. MR isn't there....no point for me.

LOL desi shows should only be watched for timepass basically....no point getting super attached.....for me, LTL was a rare one in recent times that gave a lot of scope for analysis/interpretation and I enjoyed that.....most desi shows don't have that kind of depth so I don't take them seriously anyways.

I don't watch NCIS but I guess I have Bones for now....lol....even though we are going through the unbearable Hannibal phase in that tooOuchLOL

Edited by nureat01 - 06 January 2011 at 2:46pm

-Fivr-nimrah

-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
^^ I'm just really brought down by this whole thing. I've never actually stuck with a desi show for more than 4 months - woh 4 months bhi was the limit because of PH in Kis Desh and that too on and off just for their scenes. PM k time pe I only began watching the show after that bathroom scene - when Prem comes to apologize to her..? And then I just caught their scenes. The only time I saw every episode was that last week before she was killed off. But aisey nahi dekha tha - every episode of the show from the beginning.

So this is just too.. depressing - to say the least. I'm just so put off. Plus I have a crap load of work to finish for the post doc that works with us and she hasn't actually bothered to leave me with a protocol toh mein guess work kar rahi hoon. And if I plate the experiment wrong then she probably won't analyse it and mera aaj ka sara kaam goes to waste. She's in Italy and I've emailed her but she hasn't replied. And I'm just BLAH! 

*depressed muh* Ouch

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
Awww FivrHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHug*comforting hugs* Cheer up yaar.....don't let things bog you down....I can understand ki work tensions combined with this can depress anyone.....but try to distract yourself with something elseHug

Here watch this :P

nimrahpsawyer

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 3:57pm | IP Logged
Wow, speedy typing all LOL

@Anu - thanks for the promo. UM...I wanna say.....tacky late 90s Akshay Kumar/Karisma Kapoor/Shilpa Shetty pre-nose-job film anyone? OuchLOL

Not that I have anything against 90s films...so many of them are in my so bad it's good category ROFLROFL

The Mukti Bandhan set looks good, hope the show isn't another Kyunki-type. Someone mentioned in the thread that it was a Gujju industrialist rich family with the surname Virani ROFLROFL

I kinda wanna watch Phulwa too, would be interesting to see Phoolan Devi's early life. 

Imagine toh has gotten progressively worse. I remember watching Devi which started off quite good and then ended up ridiculous. Their early shows might have had some substance to them, but now I never watch it. 

I tried to watch Sapno Se Bhare Naina but yaar, two things really put me off - first was that awful ad, where she's dancing around, saying things like "my hobbies are smiling and being happy" Confused (maybe one of your hobbies should be picking up a dictionary to see the meaning of the word "hobby") and then randomly her mum comes and maroes this stupid line about "don't be so happy. There are some secrets that you know nothing about" ROFL I mean, seriously?! Don't be happy because I know something you don't??? 

And secondly, I tried watching it but GOD she was annoying. Maybe I didn't stick with it....gave up after a few eps. 

My mum watches Na Aana Is Des Laado quite regularly, and usually I'm sitting with her when its on. So the 20 year leap is ridiculous enough (a gundi is now a wedding planner? ROFLROFL) but I quite like the character of Jhanvi, just nice and spunky. The other sis though, Dia, is a basket case of EPIC proportions. Some random creepy stalker guy turns up at her house and convinces everyone that she had some kind of affair with him, and instead of slapping him one or AT THE VERY LEAST telling her own family members that he's lying, she sits and cries buckets for about three hours ClapDead Seriously, what is the fascination with these spineless heroines?? I never feel sorry for girls like her- she deserves every thing she gets. 

These days I've started watching Saas Bina Sasural....it's quite cute and sane compared to everything else. And normal, to say the least. Otherwise though I am not watching any desi show apart from JDJ and waiting for Mukti Bandhan next week. Let's see...

by the way guys, Sidra's reopened her gallery! Check it out:

edit: Anu & Fivr - thank you for the sig dabba compliment. I love that Janki sig LOL and by God are Fatty's and Sid's PM sig skills something or what? Day Dreaming Magical....

Edited by psawyer - 06 January 2011 at 4:02pm

-Fivr-nimrah

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 4:06pm | IP Logged
"Main kya chindi chor lagta hoon?"

"Aapka plan hi galat hai! Lagta hai kacha khiladi hai"

and of course....

"Shut up Raaaaabert!"

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

I *love* these guys. Like, seriously. I *heart* them so bad ROFLROFLROFLROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrah

Go to top