Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#65!!!! (Page 80)

sarah1024 IF-Rockerz
sarah1024
sarah1024

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
@ NImrah - Congratulations on making it to dental school! All the best on your padhai! Hug HugHugHug

I'll second what Fivr said - unless you master the art of eyelocks and flying dupattas, how will you ever meet your dream man a.k.a your very own dil ka dactar? :P

@ All - MR is leaving LTL? What for? *baffled muh* I thought his character on LTL was doing well!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-nimrahAreYaar

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 4:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by psawyer

LOL they didn't execute Mukti's death properly but I don't find it that hard to believe that falling out of a car and hitting your head at a certain angle can lead to death....it's not that far fetched....the truck was coming at a high speed and it threw Mukti out of the car....that is what they wanted to show I guess but execution mein it didn't come across as that high impact....that was the problem.

@bold - in real life? Of course. In Kekta land, where bullets, crocodiles, mountains and car bombs could not kill Prerna/Anurag?!!!! Preposterous. Now in Ekta world, that was unbelievable.

Killing Mukti in that....mundane way was an insult to her and to the fans. And resolving her death? No way - why would they? Jab Devki aagayi then everyone forgot about Mukti Dead Don't remind me of those days, man. The worst part of KZK ever, INCLUDING the rape track. 

LOLLLL Vas.....love your new signature textROFL

Yeah true....it was quite an insult to Mukti and her fans the way Kekta killed her off and god yes I don't want to think of the Devki days either.....HATE that time with a passionDeadDeadDead.....ESPECIALLY the way Prem magically fell in love with Devki ji too just cuz she was Mukti's lookalike?DeadDead.....Devki was so blahhhhhh, man! And what an insult to PM's amazing story to show Prem falling for some chick just cuz she has Mukti's face?Dead...to me, PM died the day Mukti died.....I live in that denial as a happy PremikaLOL

Man I remember how we all used to hope that Devki would turn out to be Mukti....I would have swallowed ANY outlandish twist to see that.....Mukti back from the dead even after being cremated.....Kekta has shown other illogical crap then why not for Mukti??? You know to this day I feel pissed off that Kekta brought like EVERY other character back from the dead except Mukti! Why this injustice just for PM??Ouch

@Fiv, @Anu - Lol, thanks. I'm tired of reuploading sigs Dead Ek do din issi se kaam chala leti hoon. 

Yeah, for me the final PM ep was the one where she died, only the final scenes were the ones in that dream, where they get married and have babies Embarrassed

Everything else after that was pure crap. And was it me, or did Mukti's death make the show INCREDIBLY ridiculous? Every track that came after that was complete tosh. Yuvi, Omi, Maya, Anaita, Rishabh's ridiculous hair, and so on and so forth. I am SO glad that MB left before Imposter "Prem" married Palchin Dead How could they all, how could PREM forget Mukti like that?! But you know what, maybe it was just me, but when Tina was Devki, MT just didn't have the same kind of chemistry. They both looked like they were sleepwalking through their scenes. And I remember this one scene with Prem and Mukti's ghost, where she tells him to move on, which had MILES more chemistry than any of the Prem-Devki scenes. 

To me it seemed like a ridiculous cop-out from Ekta. I just couldn't see WHY she had killed Mukti, to what purpose?Confused I mean, sometimes you understand that certain characters are separated to create drama, like PRB and AP. But separating PM did what, exactly? They had no "third person woh" (Kul and Debo did NOT count), they weren't the "actual leads" (though to me, they were pretty much running the show for the longest time), keeping them together would have had NO negative impact whatsoever. It seemed like killing Mukti off was just a one-fingered attack on all the loyal fans, for no other reason than becauseDead That was when I truly hated Ekta. Before that, all her tricks and teases and crap creativity would have annoyed and amused me. But killing Mukti was one mistake I never forgave her for. I remember reading the "Kya Mukti ko mukti milegi" article and thinking W*F? Where has this come from? Since a day before we had articles about PM eloping and actually getting married. This was the randomest decision ever. 

And yeah, I would have given ANYTHING to have Mukti back from the dead. Even if it meant killing off Prerna, Bajaj and Anurag in one fell swoopLOL

Edited by psawyer - 05 January 2011 at 4:04pm

-Fivr-sarah1024AreYaar

-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
@Sarah: Apparently MR's decided to go on into Bollywood and so he's going to bid adieu to LTL and Dutta's character. Although, in all fairness the man himself hasn't made any statements. But sources for members in the forum have let them know that he's already had a conversation with the producer about this and they're now working on a track for his exit. Or something to that effect.

And of course there's that TB article about an undercover cop making and entry in the show for Nakku.. Which cracks me up because like a member said, it will now be "Undercover Cop se Laagi Lagan".. ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

*sigh* Pata nahi kya ho raha hai.. *shakes head*

Oh a brighter front, 2 hours of nonstop effort and I'm done with work! ROFLROFLROFL

@Vasu: I think she killed Mukti off because Tina wanted to go on her honeymoon or she was either getting married. Which in my opinion are both mediocre reasons to kill a character. I mean, people went MIA for months in that show for no reason. She could just as easily have send PM on their fictional honeymoon while Tina was busy with hers. But nahi. She killed Mukti off and then when Tina was free, she brought her back as Devki?! *gags* Total bakwass! I've never been able to forgive Ekta after that either. Up until then, you're right - sab nonsense I could bear with a grain of salt. Us k baad toh my tolerance for her bakwass dropped to zero. Dead

She broke my heart.. Literally.. *sigh* And now I think LTL's doing the same.. *smacks forehead* When will I ever learn!! LOL

incandescencepsawyerAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

Yeah, for me the final PM ep was the one where she died, only the final scenes were the ones in that dream, where they get married and have babies Embarrassed Oh me too! That's where they ended in my imagination...that perfect ending....man that 5 minute dream *sigh* THE cutest thing everrrrrrrrrrrrDay Dreaming I can just imagine how happy they would have been together....all those stages in life....it would have been adorable *sigh*

Everything else after that was pure crap. And was it me, or did Mukti's death make the show INCREDIBLY ridiculous? Every track that came after that was complete tosh. Yuvi, Omi, Maya, Anaita, Rishabh's ridiculous hair, and so on and so forth. I am SO glad that MB left before Imposter "Prem" married Palchin Dead How could they all, how could PREM forget Mukti like that?! But you know what, maybe it was just me, but when Tina was Devki, MT just didn't have the same kind of chemistry. They both looked like they were sleepwalking through their scenes. And I remember this one scene with Prem and Mukti's ghost, where she tells him to move on, which had MILES more chemistry than any of the Prem-Devki scenes.  Oh TOTALLY....the show got like MAJORLY bakwaas after that....random nonsensical new characters thooso-ed in and having to deal with watching vegetable Prem for so longOuchOuch and oh yes totally MT did NOT have chemistry as Prem-Devki....they looked soooo out of it....sleepwalking through their roles like you said....and all their scenes felt forced and artificial to me.....and word! I remember that scene with Mukti's ghost....*sigh* It's a heartbreaking scene.....I uploaded it on my account too.

To me it seemed like a ridiculous cop-out from Ekta. I just couldn't see WHY she had killed Mukti, to what purpose?Confused I mean, sometimes you understand that certain characters are separated to create drama, like PRB and AP. But separating PM did what, exactly? They had no "third person woh" (Kul and Debo did NOT count), they weren't the "actual leads" (though to me, they were pretty much running the show for the longest time), keeping them together would have had NO negative impact whatsoever. It seemed like killing Mukti off was just a one-fingered attack on all the loyal fans, for no other reason than becauseDead That was when I truly hated Ekta. Before that, all her tricks and teases and crap creativity would have annoyed and amused me. But killing Mukti was one mistake I never forgave her for. I remember reading the "Kya Mukti ko mukti milegi" article and thinking W*F? Where has this come from? Since a day before we had articles about PM eloping and actually getting married. This was the randomest decision ever. LOL exactly...she just gave us a giant F-off sign basically....for NO reason at allDeadDead I will be eternally confounded about the WHY of this....WHY she did it....it never achieved anything and the show totally went down the drain....if Kekta EVER applies her brain and goes back to analyze the reasons for KZK's failure, she'll see where the downfall started....PM were the only reason I watched that show....didn't care after that.....

And yeah, I would have given ANYTHING to have Mukti back from the dead. Even if it meant killing off Prerna, Bajaj and Anurag in one fell swoopLOL Word....and honestly to me....the show might as well have been only PM and that would be enough for meLOL

@Fivr: No, I don't think she killed off Mukti just cuz Tina wanted to go on her honeymoon....it was just some RANDOM stupid idea that NO ONE has managed to make sense of till this day...to give Tina a few days off for her honeymoon in no way required to KILL Mukti.....they could have shown an accident and put her on the hospital bed at most....but no, they just went and KILLED her....just to create random drama....sometimes I think Kekta changed her mind....maybe she initially only wanted to kill the character for shock value and then bring her back but later seemed to have decided against it....GOD only knows whyDeadDead

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescencepsawyer

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:10pm | IP Logged

Hmm there's a lot of anger and bitterness towards MR in the forum.....I don't really get why the reactions are so extreme....I don't necessarily think this is the right decision being taken by MR but I don't feel angry with him or lose respect for him as an actor just cuz of that :S....and I don't see the need to demonize him either as an unprofessional guy who didn't fulfill his commitment toward the show :S....he has fulfilled it quite well to this day I feel......while I also wish that he wouldn't leave the show at this point when it does still have scope.....I don't see how this can be turned into a sweeping statement about MR's lack of commitment and consideration for the viewers of this show.....or maybe I'm just not THAT attached an LTL fan that I can't understand the extreme emotional reactionsLOL

I'm not a blind fan but it's really HIS decision. Who doesn't look for better opportunities these days? These ppl are being a bit immature...real life ke pange aur hote hain...ppl have to struggle, take difficult decision if they have to move forward in life...fans hain theek hai...but he's not going to take his life's decision based on fan's 'consideration'. I think it's time for the creatives to take the right decision. Even if MR continue to work in it, LTL should end in 3-4 months IMO. It's enough time to show Dutta warming towards Nakku...DN getting closer....Dutta accepting her and the relationship. What's left after that? Random third angles, Kala's evil-giri and random gundas.....no thank you...I'd rather it ends giving DN  a proper culmination.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 2:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Fivr-

@Vasu: I think she killed Mukti off because Tina wanted to go on her honeymoon or she was either getting married. Which in my opinion are both mediocre reasons to kill a character. I mean, people went MIA for months in that show for no reason. She could just as easily have send PM on their fictional honeymoon while Tina was busy with hers. But nahi. She killed Mukti off and then when Tina was free, she brought her back as Devki?! *gags* Total bakwass! I've never been able to forgive Ekta after that either. Up until then, you're right - sab nonsense I could bear with a grain of salt. Us k baad toh my tolerance for her bakwass dropped to zero. Dead

She broke my heart.. Literally.. *sigh* And now I think LTL's doing the same.. *smacks forehead* When will I ever learn!! LOL

Yeah but Tina was in Kahaani too, and she didn't kill her off there every time she wanted a break. Shruti just disappeared for years on end. Which, to be fair, I would much rather have seen in KZK than killing Mukti off. And I think (though am not certain) that the timing of Tina's wedding and Mukti's death are a little off...

Yeah, she broke my heart too. PM were for me the first and only jodi I cried for, the only jodi that ever broke my heart in that way. All the others, including Om-Paro who are one of my top jodis....all the others were just fictional characters. Prem-Mukti were alive to me, and I have never been as disheartened on a TV show as I was then. 

Edit: And you know, since then, I have never been able to drum up the same kind of love for any other TV show or jodi. Not that there's been ANYTHING even worth comparing....and in a way I'm glad that I'm not into LTL, coz trust me, I know what you guys must be going through. But at least you know that this is the actor's decision to leave, rather than a random and nonsensical decision taken by the powers that be. At least you can hope for decent closure. 

Edited by psawyer - 06 January 2011 at 3:08am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 3:05am | IP Logged

Oh me too! That's where they ended in my imagination...that perfect ending....man that 5 minute dream *sigh* THE cutest thing everrrrrrrrrrrrDay Dreaming I can just imagine how happy they would have been together....all those stages in life....it would have been adorable *sigh* In those five minutes we were given a lifetime. What hurts more is that Prem and Mukti never got the chance to be an actual couple - though we loved them all the more for it. But would it have killed her to finally give them a happy ending?! If it were any one else, I would have said that she killed them to maintain that "tragic, star-crossed lovers who never were" concept that ran through their....courtship. But Ekta is no Shakespeare. She just did it coz she could. 

Oh TOTALLY....the show got like MAJORLY bakwaas after that....random nonsensical new characters thooso-ed in and having to deal with watching vegetable Prem for so longOuchOuch and oh yes totally MT did NOT have chemistry as Prem-Devki....they looked soooo out of it....sleepwalking through their roles like you said....and all their scenes felt forced and artificial to me.....and word! I remember that scene with Mukti's ghost....*sigh* It's a heartbreaking scene.....I uploaded it on my account too.  Dude, I don't think I can watch that scene anymore. Once was enough. I can barely get through any scene close to the wedding coz I know what's coming....the closest I can do is the  office scene and the park scene. 

LOL exactly...she just gave us a giant F-off sign basically....for NO reason at allDeadDead I will be eternally confounded about the WHY of this....WHY she did it....it never achieved anything and the show totally went down the drain....if Kekta EVER applies her brain and goes back to analyze the reasons for KZK's failure, she'll see where the downfall started....PM were the only reason I watched that show....didn't care after that.....Exactly. And I figured in the beginning that that was why she brought Tina back, albeit as Devki. For a time I thought, "she's learned her lesson and Devki will turn out to be Mukti". But no. If you took notice of the TRPs (which I did, back then), then during the PM love track that lasted a week, TRPs were sky high. KZK was always number one. A week after Mukti's death....TRPs down to number 3. Coincidence?! No wonder she HAD to bring in the generation leap again. She dug a ditch for herself and had to climb back out. Not only was it the end of KZK for me as a premika, but I truly feel that Mukti's death was the end of KZK as we knew it. It became this ridiculous, nonsensical, horror-thriller crap when it actually had been, for so many years, a love story. 

And yeah, I would have given ANYTHING to have Mukti back from the dead. Even if it meant killing off Prerna, Bajaj and Anurag in one fell swoopLOL Word....and honestly to me....the show might as well have been only PM and that would be enough for meLOL LOL, probably. Though I would have liked to keep Daddy Cool if I could Cool and Mother India's bhashans were always amusing. 

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 8:22am | IP Logged

'There is no winner in Maa Exchange' - Ajit Thakur

Thursday, January 06, 2011 | 7:53:25 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 1 Comments
'There is no winner in Maa Exchange' - Ajit Thakur

Ajit Thakur, EVP and Business Head of Sony TV speaks about the new show Maa Exchange

Sony TV is all set to take off with yet another novel reality show Maa Exchange which is an adaption of the American reality show Wife Swap.

Tellybuzz had a chat with Ajit Thakur, EVP and Business Head, Sony Entertainment Television about the concept which can raise an eyebrow or two amongst the Indian audience..

Excerpts!!!

What was the main reason that prompted the channel to take up a concept like Maa Exchange?
It is always a known fact that women are the real home makers of the family but at times, it is not realized. To bring that into limelight, we thought this show would be a good medium and also this will be one show which will be all in all 'Real'.

What are the changes you have brought in to make it suitable for Indian audience?
We know what the Indian audience wants to see, and the show is produced keeping in mind the Indian values and customs. The show is produced in a way that the entire family can watch it together. 

What is the USP of the show?
The promos have shown only a part of what will happen in the show and once the show will go on air, it will drag the audience towards watching the show.

Since the promos are already on air, how is the response from public?
I have not received the updates yet, but there have not been any negative response as of now.

Don't you think it is a bold concept for Indian audience?
I do not think it is a bold concept but it is a unique one that we are putting up; a whole family can view it without any hesitation. Above all, Sony till date has given shows that are family oriented like Kaun Banega Crorepati, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa etc.  

What about the contestants' list?
As people have seen the promos, the initial episodes will see Pooja Bedi being swapped with Anuradha Nigam and also there are two common mothers Zehra, who is a business woman and Antima who is a housewife whose shoot is over. In the coming episodes there is a family from Nainital which will be swapped with a family in Mumbai and also people will see Apara Mehta and Sudesh Berry's wife being swapped.  

On what basis have you selected the contestants?
We have tried to bring in people who are from different backgrounds and cultural diversities who live their life in a completely different way.

You have swapped mothers of two families who are from different financial backgrounds; don't you think that it will create a barrier?
Our intention is not to bring out the financial differences of the families and I personally feel that once a mother enters the house, those differences hardly matter. We are also bringing two families which are financially sound but culturally different. For example we are swapping mothers from two families, wherein the first family believes in starting the day with Yoga and living the life in a healthy manner and the other family who believes in living life to the fullest with fun and masti.

You have added Pooja Bedi to show; is she the face of the show?
We decided to take Pooja because she is a single working mother and she was very keen when we approached her. After her shoot she said that the bonding she saw between Rajeev Nigam and his son Yash was really touching which is not there in her family.  There are no celebrities when you enter the show as all are put into similar challenging situations.

With this show don't you think that the children are put into a traumatizing situation?
As far as young children are concerned, they liked their 'new mother' and it is the elder ones who are having problems as they have reached the phase of complex mindset.

What are you trying to achieve from the show; will there be any winners?
There is no winner in the show because that will kill the purpose of the show. We are just trying to portray the different situations the mothers undergo and the final learning experience that everyone gets who are involved in the show

How will you describe the show in one word?
Genuine

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan

--------------------------

LOL

Go to top