Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#65!!!! (Page 61)

nimrah IF-Rockerz
nimrah
nimrah

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:34pm | IP Logged
Anu - Ohhh Jeevan and Raavan! I wont be surprised if this turns out true but it sounds so W*F-ish! Why is SRK doing this film! *sobs* But yeah almost the whole Bolly forum is loving it.. Stern Smile

And lol that back problem got linked to SRK, coz I think he's the only current actor who has a back problem and spoke a lot about it.. Plus SRK refused Slumdog hence Danny Doyle jokes. Just saying from what I read from the reviews. I haven't seen it really so can't really say.. Oh and the Oscar winning obsession is also hinting at Aamir.. 

Vasu - Lol. Totally agree about the KWK episode.. I liked the Amitabh-Shweta episode too.. But that comment of hers was reaaally lame.. This was SRK's 6th appearance on the show.. and well yeah, him being alone didn't make the episode fun! Yes the parents statement irritated me too! LOL But SRK has his stupid moments.. Kya karen.. LOL 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

nimrah IF-Rockerz
nimrah
nimrah

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

LOL I'm watching the Big Star entertainment awards right now and they just showed that Veer-Tapasya from Uttaran and this other random couple dancing to Aevein Aevein on stage and they cut to Ranveer-Anushka sitting in the audience and Anushka had this 'W*F are they doing' kinda look on their face seeing the ridiculously insipid and random performance on the songLOL......seriously I can't imagine anyone but Bittoo-Shruti on this song now :P

LMAO! Oh how I wish I saw that scene.. ROFL Yes yes! Ainvayin Ainvayin is so Bittoo-Shruti's song! Just cannot think of someone else in it..

AreYaar

LadyMcbeth IF-Sizzlerz
LadyMcbeth
LadyMcbeth

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

@Vasu: I never said I consider CDI an offbeat film.....but the only last two movies where I can remember admiring SRK's acting (apart from MNIK despite some hamming bits) are CDI and Swades.....CDI obviously was more commercial than Swades....but my point was about SRK acting his AGE.....all this superhero stuff in my opinion doesn't suit his age anymore....I don't know how south indian movies work where superstars like Rajnikanth can do anything at 60-70-80 and ppl will worship them regardless (no offense to south indian movies ke fans etc...I can see that it's a regional flavor thing).....but I don't see how SRK can pull this off.....they said the same thing about Robot...."hollywood level ke special effects/storylines"....and we can all see what that was.

I don't really CARE about any Hollywood level ke so called stunts and effects in Indian movies cuz I find it quite difficult to be expected to swallow SRK as a "superhero" shooting lightening out of his arms or whatever.....sure there will be an audience for this seeing SRK's global superstar status and to his fans, he's a superhero/god anyways.....but to me personally, I admire SRK more when he works in simple stories....acts his age and brings out those nuances....all this "larger than life" stuff he does usually doesn't work for me....it's just my opinion....but he usually hams his way through stuff like this.

WORD Anu! You spoke my mind ... I don't care about the Hollywood level stunts either. What's the point when the plot is usually a BIG disaster and the desi heroes cannot truly pull it off convincingly?

I love to see SRK in simple roles playing his age, regardless of what is excepted of him. At one point that expectation is going to change. Because Bollywood masses are not the regional film masses where a 65 year old can prance around with heroines 1/2 his age and be blindly worshiped for it! If it were so, Big B's Nishabd would've been a big hit!

Edited by LadyMcbeth - 02 January 2011 at 7:09pm

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
@Nimrah: LOL yes I'd read those reviews too making a big deal about it all being "digs at SRK/references to him" so I was also expecting to see that in the movie but I personally didn't get THAT sense from the digs....maybe it's just me *shrugs* lol

Waise I haven't watched the SRK KWK epi yet but I'm curious to know....what was his statement about his parents?

Re: Aevein Aevein....LOL it's in the very first part or something of that awards show on YT....but yeah, seriously those two OWN the song now....the kind of bindaas fun they brought to it....don't think anyone else can now.

@LadyM: Exactly....I don't see the point of "commercial viability" in this case....so are we expected to believe that even if he reaches SIXTY, SRK will only either keep playing "Raj/Rahul" or such "G.one" type of "superheroes" since that is what the masses seem to love him for?? So there is no value to something like Swades just cuz it was a "flop"?? Wow....then frankly I'd rather only watch SRK's flops than watch him do his "advanced technological" version of the superhero genre.

nimrah

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
btw coming back to BBB bak-bak.....I love that bus scene when Bittoo makes his first OFFICIAL attempt to line maaro on her....lol....I just find something so natural about the way it flows....she first tries to shoo him away with  'try bhi na kariyo....I don't have time for all this' line....and he's like, "Thodi fraaandship".....SO lucchaa typesLOL.....and somewhere she's curious despite herself and takes the CD....he shows a SLIGHT interest in her "business" and off she goes narrating her whole spiel of plans and ideas....maybe it's random but I love this slight moment when she turns to him, gives him a considering brief look and says, "chal tujhe dikhaati hoon" and out comes the "shaadi mubarak" scrapbookLOL.....and Bittoo starts to realize that he's getting into more than he bargained for by trying to "fraaaaaandship" Shruti KakkarLOL.....and the way he grumbles "aevein time waste" towards the end but gives her a mock smile and wave back as she waves to him on leaving the bus.....LOL

And I find it interesting that somewhere along the way there was a slight role reversal and Bittoo started to take all of Shruti's "binness ke rules" more seriously than she did....given the way he clings almost desperately to the "there is no place for love and emotional attachments in binness" funda, nahin? .....she somewhere got entangled in an emotional web when she never expected it and he on the other hand got all "binness minded"? lol

nimrah

nimrah IF-Rockerz
nimrah
nimrah

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 2:44am | IP Logged
Oh his statement wasn't wrong or something. Just TOO childish. He was like years ago, I hugged my parents' dead bodies and asked them to come back to me and they did not.. that's why I dont feel like telling my friends to stay back for me and I have problems telling them that I love them! Now what irritated me was I asked my parents to come back and they didn't.. Yaar baray hojao SRK! You can't just ask dead people to return to you and then be like they didnt so I've lost faith in that! Stern Smile

Lol yeah.. That's when he first tries to maaro line at her.. LOL Thori frandship was so ghaleez types! LOL And yeah, I find it so amusing how she just went on to tell him about her binnes idea aewain main and when he makes fun of her themes.. She goes all business toh theek se bol nahi pata! LOL And another random scene, where that Chanda ma'am tells that she just wants to hire Bittoo since he's a guy and he goes all yeah sirf ooper ooper se larki hai.. Packaging phaar ke dekho.. 4-5 larke honge! ROFL Something along those lines.. ROFL
psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 4:08am | IP Logged
removed. 

Edited by psawyer - 03 January 2011 at 6:38am
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 6:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

removed. 

Why removed, Vasu?? Aisa kya likha tha jo 2 ghante ke baad remove kar diya?TongueLOL

Go to top