Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#65!!!! (Page 60)

LadyMcbeth IF-Sizzlerz
LadyMcbeth
LadyMcbeth

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Anu - I too long to see SRK in powerful author-backed roles like Swades and CDI ... I LOVED both those movies ... he is a good actor..only if he doesn't resort to doing the typical movies.

LOL, I know... I wouldn't have bought a Mac with my own money either. It just happens to be my company's preferred LT isliyeh I have one :-)

Edit: Btw, I stole one of your Bittoo-Shruti siggys as well. Big smile Chalo gtg ... see ya!

Edited by LadyMcbeth - 02 January 2011 at 2:05pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 2:11pm | IP Logged

Hey everyone!

@Mash: Lol, yes yes.. I am all regular with LTL now. *blushes* Ye kamal toh 2 haftey ghar pe muftkhoron ki tarhan bethney ka natija hai! *smug muh*.. ROFL Jab time hi time ho din mein toh 2 months of LTL catch up karna koi mushkil kaam nahi! ROFLROFL

@Zainab: Nahiiiii!! Aisa maat kahoo!!! *dramatic music* Ye sunney sey pehley mere kaan kiyoun nahi phat gaye!! *dramatic music some more*

Main toh aii thie! Date waley din mein aii thie!! But tum nahi theen!! I think Ekta-style ka hit-miss ho gaya hoga.. Tum peechey sey guzri hogi and I'd have turned a moment too late. But mujhey ussi waqt gana gaa lena chahiye tha! Shayad tum wapis aa jati! *face palms* Sab meri ghalti hai!! *devastated muh* ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

@Anu: Oooo!! It's working!!!?!?! OMG! It's working!!  *does Baji-wala dance*Dancing Isi khushi mein I think I want a party.. *stomach grumbles*

@Nimrah: Whyy!! Why would you say that!! Mahi got nice points!!! *smacks forehead* WHYY are the judges fueling this?! LOL Ab toh woh nahi aye gi.. *sigh* But chalo, maybe she did do well in that show. Ermm

Hey Vasu! Hey LadyM! Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
Aww thanks for using, LadyM :-) Ok byee! See ya later!

@Fivr: Yesss! It's somehow working again *touchwood touchwoodddddddd* lol....arey party chhodo....I'll make you stuff from that Friday DuJi scene instead....how about that? :P lol

-Fivr-

-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
^^ Duji scene ki sig?!?!? *fida muh*

*stares adoringly at the scene*

Ap ney toh mere dil ki baat parh li!! *stares some more*

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
LOL I'm watching the Big Star entertainment awards right now and they just showed that Veer-Tapasya from Uttaran and this other random couple dancing to Aevein Aevein on stage and they cut to Ranveer-Anushka sitting in the audience and Anushka had this 'W*F are they doing' kinda look on their face seeing the ridiculously insipid and random performance on the songLOL......seriously I can't imagine anyone but Bittoo-Shruti on this song now :P

-Fivr-nimrah

-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 2:24pm | IP Logged

^^ I agree dude! Aevein Aevein is a Shruti-Bittoo song! Veer-Tapasya should find their own song.. *hmph*

nimrahAreYaar

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by psawyer

Not that I've seen TMK, but from what I've read and heard from people, the SRK "bashing" was in a few scenes - like the "TMK is better than OSO" scene (but since OSO was also a Farah film, I find it hard to believe she would bash her own film just out of spite for SRKErmm), the "Danny Doyle" scenes (supposedly about how much SRK regrets not being part of Slumdog Millionaire, and of course the back scene. As to the authenticity of that, I don't know. But if the other scenes ARE meant to be some kind of dig at SRK, then I presume the back problems stuff would also be. But the digs, if that's what they are, aren't exactly witty or subtle Ermm

LMAO.....who's been saying THAT?? Ppl consider THOSE to be digs??.....waah beta....anyways I've seen TMK and I didn't see anything of that sort personally.....like I said in my post about it, the entire movie is one giant spoof which pokes fun at ITSELF and pretty much everything throughout.....toh where does this funda of "oooh they are targeting SRK' come in from? God, all these ppl behave like such CHILDREN....grow UP!  This over-obsession that ppl have with the SRK-Farah "feud" is pretty lame to me.

The Danny Doyle bit....lol ppl think that to be a dig at SRK?? Waah kitni doooooor ki sochi hai....that dig seemed more directed at Anil K. and the whole perception of "show poor India and win Oscars"....how are ppl connecting all this with SRK??? Wow....or maybe my dimaag is not intelligent enough to manage to reach this "high" level of thinkingConfusedLOL

Lol, admittedly it was the Star "News" people who first started this whole "OHEMGEE FARAH HATES SHAHRUKH AND HERE'S THE PROOF!" crap and the media and people latched onto that. People who've see the film have told me similar things. But from what I read and see from the trailers I don't think these kinds of "digs" have any merit; they seem very base and crude digs if that's what they are...though Farah is no wit I don't think even she is this base. Sajid, maybe Dead

As for Ra.One - I might be in the minority here but I am quite interested in watching this. I'm not saying it has me jumping for joy but it's very Hollywood in its conception (no surprise) so I'm hoping production values are good. India doesn't really do superheroes well, as evidenced by that disaster Krrish (can't believe there's a part 2 coming!) but I'm hoping because Holly is involved it won't be a total Bolly-style crap superhero film. I like that at least SRK is branching out from the Raj/Rahuls, much as I love them. As far as author-backed roles are concerned - I too would love him to continue on that path but based on one poster we cannot truly say that Ra.One is not an author-backed role. 

Yes, CDI was a massive hit but Swades, as interesting as it was, didn't really get the masses running to the theatre. India seems to like SRK in masala and rom-coms. The cerebral and/or offbeat cinema is a bit beyond most of them. They accept Aamir more in offbeat cinema than SRK. It's like...Salman said on Bigg Boss recently - doing a Phir Milenge doesn't get him the audience....but doing a Partner gets people and BO success. SRK is a bit better in that regard but even he can't beat Aamir - people expect Aamir to do cerebral cinema and SRK to be Raj. And CDI wasn't the most offbeat of films either....it had a very commercial feel and appeal to it, that's part of the reason of its success. 

Edited by psawyer - 02 January 2011 at 3:28pm

nimrah

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
@Vasu: I never said I consider CDI an offbeat film.....but the only last two movies where I can remember admiring SRK's acting (apart from MNIK despite some hamming bits) are CDI and Swades.....CDI obviously was more commercial than Swades....but my point was about SRK acting his AGE.....all this superhero stuff in my opinion doesn't suit his age anymore....I don't know how south indian movies work where superstars like Rajnikanth can do anything at 60-70-80 and ppl will worship them regardless (no offense to south indian movies ke fans etc...I can see that it's a regional flavor thing).....but I don't see how SRK can pull this off.....they said the same thing about Robot...."hollywood level ke special effects/storylines"....and we can all see what that was.

I don't really CARE about any Hollywood level ke so called stunts and effects in Indian movies cuz I find it quite difficult to be expected to swallow SRK as a "superhero" shooting lightening out of his arms or whatever.....sure there will be an audience for this seeing SRK's global superstar status and to his fans, he's a superhero/god anyways.....but to me personally, I admire SRK more when he works in simple stories....acts his age and brings out those nuances....all this "larger than life" stuff he does usually doesn't work for me....it's just my opinion....but he usually hams his way through stuff like this.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahincandescenceLadyMcbeth

Go to top