Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#65!!!! (Page 49)

nimrah IF-Rockerz
nimrah
nimrah

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
Loved reading your review Anu.. Totally agree with ALL the bits! The whole sleeping together part.. and how she falls for him and realises that he doesn't like her and all. Anushka was veryy good. I was very impressed.. I felt extremely sad for her when he went on a rant about how scared he was that she's fallen for him.. and also in that bit where he says that she's getting married so she can take badla and she's like badla kyun loon gi!? and everything does not revolve around you.. I really liked her acting here.. 

Wordd about the reunion bits.. I so thought he's going to climb in and apologize and all.. But lol he calls up Chirkut! LOL and yes, the last scene was completely Bittoo-Shruti.. absolutely in character.. main tujhe bohut pyaar karunga aur tujhse bohut sara pyaar loon ga.. Bol de gi pyaar? LOL Cute! LOL And that vellagiri/mauj line.. Loved it! 

and ditto about Ranveer being better than likes of Imran who rely on cuteness and can't act other than 2 expressions. This guy is fabulous and I hope he chooses good roles in future.. 

*Edit: Oooooh do bug Fatima! I'd love some quote icons! *excited muh* and you also make some stuff okay? LOL

And yeah he wasn't a mawali mawali.. LOL but he had an unkempt-ish look na.. LOL But yeah he didn't have much of a career plan.. and by lying to his father he got this idea of working with her and how it became his life.. 

Edited by nimrah - 30 December 2010 at 2:51pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 2:52pm | IP Logged
Oh yeah I loved her acting in the "the whole world doesn't revolve around YOU" bit too....seriously Anushka has really improved by leaps and bounds....her best acting so far. Also loved that little scene before that when Bittoo is trying to salvage the flower decorations desperately when it starts to rain and it shows his despair as he starts to feel like he's losing everything....the metaphoric way in which they used that shot of the flower decorations falling and Bittoo turning to Shruti angrily and telling her that all their hard work is going to waste.

haha yeah the last scene was totalllll Bittoo-Shruti....Now that I think about it.....the essence of the character was maintained throughout...he didn't turn overtly sappy in the end either.....he just spoke his heart out in this awkward manner while trying to show that he's all "confident" lol.....he was a child in many ways....thick headed, jaat types in a fashion....but he needed Shruti to keep him in lineLOL

Overall I just LOVED how NATURAL and BINDAAS they both were....there was nothing overtly filmy/coy types about their relationship (ignoring Shruti's sharmao-fying phase during aadha ishqLOL).....but the entire development was VERY naturally handled....him initially trying to line maaro on her....then dismissing her as a time waste....and then later on ending up as her partner in shaadi mubarak.....it was all evolution based on a fab script and not cliched/gimmicky situations like it is in most movies.....their bindaaspan was very refreshing.

Edited by nureat01 - 30 December 2010 at 2:56pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-nimrah

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
LOL I do want to make some stuff too but I'm feeling confused right now about what to make it on....haha....I might start with aevein aevein....absolutely LOVE that sequence....LOLLL

-Fivr-nimrah

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by psawyer

Hey guys...sorry for the randomness of my visits....its the last week before I go back to work (WHERE did the time go?!) so lots of things are coming up now that I have to do....

Can someone please send me the links to BBB that Fivr sent? Is the print good? Was going to watch it with the fam but damn prints are useless, lol.....

okay, now I'm off again....gotta go make Thai curry for dinner, yum!

I found a relatively good torrent print that I'm watching but I can send you the links Fivr gave me....it's a decent print too but the vids take a while to load online.

Hey, send me both Fivr's links and the torrent....I'll try both ;) Did you like it?
nimrah IF-Rockerz
nimrah
nimrah

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
Totally.. Anushka has improved so much. I didn't see her in BC.. but I didn't like her much in Rab Ne.. But I'm oh so impressed by her in this. She was fab! LOL Ohhh that scene.. yupp, that was a brilliant scene as well and obviously the writers are to be applauded in this bit.. They wrote such a fresh script with such poignant scenes.. 

Lol! Loved how you've described that he was trying to appear confident but said it all awkwardly.. so true!!! LOL Lol yeah she did turn sharmili during that phase but thank god for Bittoo that she got back to her own self.. LOL and seriously, it was so refreshing to see a good script with original scenes and not just the same scene being recycled all over again.. 

Ahhh, chalo I should leave now. Its too late.. Bye Anu! Hug Take care!

-Fivr-AreYaar

nimrah IF-Rockerz
nimrah
nimrah

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

LOL I do want to make some stuff too but I'm feeling confused right now about what to make it on....haha....I might start with aevein aevein....absolutely LOVE that sequence....LOLLL

Aha! I love tha dance sequence too! Make some!!!! *jumps in excitement* 

-Fivr-AreYaar

-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
*sigh* Poora BBB ka discussion ho bhi gaya and I just got back! Achanak sey grocery shopping ka josh chara tha meri mummy jee ko.. *sigh* I miss all the good stuff! *stomps foot* ROFLROFLROFL

Oh!! Ranveer Singh! That's right! Well this guy can certainly act - he did not look like a new comer at all! I felt this role was custom-made just for him. I don't know if anyone else could have done this role..? *thinks* But he was amazing. His "binness" and "break pakore" cracked me up! I really think he'll go far too, if he manages to make the right choices now and do well.

LOL!!! I agree with all of you on the end scene. I had thought k he'd climb to her room and talk to her. But when he walked to her phone I was like "Hein, ye kya ho raha hai?!" and then he proceeded to get Chirkut's number toh I thought k usko phone kar k request karey ga k he back out of the wedding or some nonsense like that. But us ney toh poori dhamki wamki dey k baat khatam kar di! LOL!! And I love how he tells Shruti k maine soocha pehley isko toh side pe karon warna phone kar k disturb karta rehey ga.. ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Anushka Sharma has really improved a lot since her RNBJ days. I didn't sey BC because I don't know, didn't feel like it. But this is good! This role was just for her. But dude! That scene after Bitto calls what transpired between them a "kaand" and leaves the office... I love that scene! When she's sitting there trying to be strong and failing.. And the whole chiding herself for detouring from the "rule book".. That was amazing. I was so heart broken for her. That was my favorite scene in the movie - as far as the serious "sad" scenes go. Just that bit after Bitto leaves and before she gets the phone call. Ouch

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 7:57pm | IP Logged
@Vas: I really liked it :-) I'd deffo recommend it to you as well.....ok I'll PM you the torrent link.

@Nimrah/Fivr: I've watched BC and Anushka was good in that movie as well....but there's a marked improvement in this movie.....she's gotten really good now and this role gave her a lot of scope too.....plus I think out of all her co-stars so far, she's had the best chemistry with Ranvir.....Shahid toh looked like a midget next to herLOL....wearing more make-up than she wasConfusedLOL

@Fivr: Maybe Ranbir Kapoor could have done this role but even he might not have managed to bring the kind of AUTHENTICITY to the lingo that Ranveer did....since he is from Delhi himself....probably helped....and then ofcourse there is the freshness factor.....Ranbir doesn't exactly have that fully anymore....lol

Edited by nureat01 - 30 December 2010 at 7:57pm

-Fivr-nimrah

Go to top