Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#65!!!! (Page 48)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
You get married then, naa Mash :P......I'd also love to attend a loud, colorful, mad wedding....lol

Just watched today's LTL.....the beginning DuJi bit, AS-Dutta scene was good......Chaaskar-Kala scene was ok.....the rest was just :S.....but I'm sure Fivr will still write a 100 page essay on this somewhereLOL

Edited by nureat01 - 30 December 2010 at 12:40pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

Hey guys...sorry for the randomness of my visits....its the last week before I go back to work (WHERE did the time go?!) so lots of things are coming up now that I have to do....

Can someone please send me the links to BBB that Fivr sent? Is the print good? Was going to watch it with the fam but damn prints are useless, lol.....

okay, now I'm off again....gotta go make Thai curry for dinner, yum!

I found a relatively good torrent print that I'm watching but I can send you the links Fivr gave me....it's a decent print too but the vids take a while to load online.
-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Hello people!

Kya ho raha hai?! From what I can put together, it's BBB screening day today in the CC..? *shocked muh* Pehley batana tha na! Main bhi phir saath dekh leti! *drums fingers* ROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrah

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
Hiii Fivr ji!

Arey aap SAATH mein kahaan dekhti hain kuch.....chaahe BBB ho ya LTL....apne time se hi dekha hai, hai ki nahin? :P

LOL pata nahin kaise aaj hum sabka mood ek saath hi ban gaya lagta hai dekhne kaa.....I was downloading the torrent last night and aaj subah hi dekhne ka mauka mila.

So what's your review?? Bolo bolo :P

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-nimrah

-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
*blushes*

Arey nahi nahi.. Aisa bhi nahi hai.. *blushes some more* I think meri ghari kharab hai, is liye timing thore ultey phultey sey ho gaye hain.. ROFLROFLROFL

Alright, for BBB I really enjoyed the first half. The bindass type ki conversations and the fun-filled dialogues/situation. Chahey woh kaam kar rahey hoon ya sirf "bread pakoray ka nashta" kar rahey hoon, it was all entertaining. The second half was a bit slow like you said. I mean.. the fun wasn't really there. They did try to put it in when they both organizing those alag alag wali weddings, but it wasn't fun. Not until the very last wedding.. ROFL And then, like you said, it was predictable - althought I hadn't been able to predict HOW it would come about, I knew they'd be together.

But over all, I can watch it again and that's good enough for me. It was so much fun and honestly both Anushka and the hero (don't know his name.. EmbarrassedLOL) were really good as Shruti and Bitto. They did own those characters, no doubt about that.. At least for me.

I guess finally there is a YC movie that I can watch and not shake my head in disgust.. ROFLROFL

nimrahAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
LOL the hero's name is Ranveer Singh.....he's a new guy.....yeah I agree that after a long time there is a YRF movie with genuine FRESHNESS to it......the real USP of this movie is the BRILLIANT way in which they've brought out that Delhi wala vibe to the characters with the bindaas lingo....lol....like you said, that makes for a lot of the fun while watching....especially in the first half....with Bittoo especially and his "binness" "break pakore ki kasam" type of dialogues while Shruti the firebrand with her no-nonsense near obsessive sense of organization and detailing is the ideal foil to him and they do end up making the perfect team together......the little little moments were quite nicely handled.....the characters were very well etched and had this real genuine vibe to them and seemed believable as being from that part of Delhi. And for the first time that I can remember, a movie showed Delhi pretty genuinely in all its aspects from the high class/pretentious Sainik Farm types to the earthy, street-smart Janakpuri types.....and that was a big part of the fun to watch.  I loved the detailing in the first half as they meet....the characters are established....how they lead to setting up their business....the first successful shaadi...the lead to Sainik farms business......and then the turning point at the intermission with the kiss and them ending up sleeping together.....they handled this part quite aesthetically I felt.....the aftermath especially....Shruti's reactions and Bittoo's....the awkwardness from his side....getting freaked out that she's calling him tum instead of tu....lol....and making tea for him....haha.....and Shruti falling for him.....I really liked the way they handled the portion with Shruti realizing that something is off about him and how she decides to then pretend like it didn't mean anything to her either and his reactions of relief and going back to normal.....the hurt she feels when he calls it a "kaand"/mistake.....Anushka acted very well!

And the new guy is a damn fine actor......honestly he did really well in this movie.....for his first movie especially....the guy has very good screen presence, can dance, can act....much better than some stilted actors like Imran Khan for sure who are only surviving on the basis of their "cuteness"....this guy can go far if he chooses the right roles.

The second half did drag.....and I felt that Bittoo's realization could have been better handled....although I am thankful for some pleasant surprises like the fact that they didn't show him having a zillion filmy dramatic flashbacks when he is sitting and thinking after Shruti tells him she did love him.....and the ending....lol....yeah it was unexpected in bits for sure....I thought he'd climb into her room and talk to her....but no, he just gets that Chirkut Chetan's number and calls HIM instead? lollll......and yeah uske baad the expected reunion....but chalo the dialogues weren't really that cheesy....no sappy I love you's....it was pretty Bittoo-Shruti style.....haha.....I also liked the ending with the reprise version of Aevein Aevein for their wedding....LOL

Edited by nureat01 - 30 December 2010 at 2:13pm

-Fivr-nimrah

nimrah IF-Rockerz
nimrah
nimrah

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
Me also finally done with the movie! Net was so freaking slow but I had decided ke aaj dekh ke hi dum lena hai.. LOL

Okay, so I loved the first half.. Reallly hilarious and entertaining stuff.. and I specially love that Bari Barsi song.. Its such a shaadi song.. The whole shaadi feeling.. LOL and well, I basically loved the first half.. the whole wedding arrangement.. Ainvayi Ainvayi song.. Office setting up, moving onto big weddings.. It was all veryyy well-shown. Second half was yes, a bit draggy but well I enjoyed it too.. Maybe coz these two had good chemistry or I was too drawn into the story... but yeah, second half wasn't as good as the first one.. I liked this bit where Bittoo is naming his company, goes all.. "Asli Shaadi Mubarak" "Shaadi Mubarak Dwiti" ROFL and then settles for Happy Wedding LOL Another random bit, I hated this chick who was getting married in the end.. Preeti? She was sooo annoyingly whiny and irritating.. LOL Sab kuch yaheen hoga except for honeymoon, um okay.. hum ne poocha? LOL And the whole SRK bit and crying about it.. Annoying girl! 

Ending was totally cheesy.. YRF style but overall, I reeeeeally enjoyed a movie.. Songs were all good.. Anushka Sharma was just awesome as Shruti.. the whole Delhi lingo.. dhinchak and all.. LOL and Ranveer Singh is SO the best debutante of the year! LOL He was such a mawali type guy but still sooo adorable.. When I read about him saying binnes and not business, I thought it sounded silly.. but lol when I saw it, it sounded cute.. LOL 

I need to search for some Fatima's creations on BBB as well.. Love the sig you're using, Anu. Loved this dialogue of his.. Big smile

-Fivr-AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nimrah

Me also finally done with the movie! Net was so freaking slow but I had decided ke aaj dekh ke hi dum lena hai.. LOL

Okay, so I loved the first half.. Reallly hilarious and entertaining stuff.. and I specially love that Bari Barsi song.. Its such a shaadi song.. The whole shaadi feeling.. LOL  LOL that is a really catchy song....I've been listening to it for a while in my car since I downloaded the BBB soundtrack a couple of months back so I already knew of itLOLLOL but yeah in the movie also it was very well shot.

I liked this bit where Bittoo is naming his company, goes all.. "Asli Shaadi Mubarak" "Shaadi Mubarak Dwiti" ROFL and then settles for Happy Wedding LOL LOLLL oh yeah that was HILARIOUSROFL....Bittoo ka dimaag isi level pe chalta haiLOL.....funny how even in his khunnas he couldn't let go of putting "shaadi mubaarak" in some form in his proposed name for the companyLOL

Another random bit, I hated this chick who was getting married in the end.. Preeti? She was sooo annoyingly whiny and irritating.. LOL Sab kuch yaheen hoga except for honeymoon, um okay.. hum ne poocha? LOL And the whole SRK bit and crying about it.. Annoying girl! LOL yeah that was an OTT randommmmmmmmm character....mujhe toh poora setup bhi thoda far-fetched hi laga that this random mega billionaire insisted on Bittoo-Shruti reuniting to do this wedding....but then I guess looking at his mental daughter, it wasn't THAT far-fetched maybeLOL

Ending was totally cheesy.. YRF style but overall, I reeeeeally enjoyed a movie.. Songs were all good.. Anushka Sharma was just awesome as Shruti.. the whole Delhi lingo.. dhinchak and all.. LOL and Ranveer Singh is SO the best debutante of the year! LOL He was such a mawali type guy but still sooo adorable.. When I read about him saying binnes and not business, I thought it sounded silly.. but lol when I saw it, it sounded cute.. LOL 

I need to search for some Fatima's creations on BBB as well.. Love the sig you're using, Anu. Loved this dialogue of his.. Big smile

Yep the movie was really fun and in a different sort of way than most movies that come out.....I think this movie has set its own sort of benchmark and I'm sure we'll see many imitations in the coming years....lol......I loved lovedd lovedddddddd the lingo in the movie.....seriously I hope Fatty makes quote icons or something.....I'll try to bug her over PMLOL

I liked the nuances....Bittoo wasn't an archetypical "mavaali" so to speak....he was doing his lukkha-giri no doubt but the way they showed the circumstances and Shruti coming into his life giving him focus and drive with the whole setting up of their business....oh sorry BINNESS....lol....that binness basically became his life.....and I guess that was his realization in the end that everything revolved around Shruti and her presence in his life......

Anushka-Ranveer were both superb.....they totally lived the characters.

-Fivr-nimrah

Go to top