Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#65!!!! (Page 15)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 11:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

Originally posted by nureat01

Finallyyyyyyyyyy there was an SBB segment with MR in it today......so nice to see him smiling off-screen after so many days :-)

There was? EEEEEE I wanna watch too....ooohhh I can see your avis...veryyy nice! Will watch it in a while.....

Here you go.....watch it whenever you get the chance:

Pretty hilarious....especially for MR's reaction to Mahi's endless list of gift she wants from himLOL.....and some random goofiness that was pretty funny too.....MR in a Santa hatLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahincandescence

Melissa IF-Rockerz
Melissa
Melissa

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 11:17am | IP Logged
@Vasu, Nimrah.....I really want TMK to flop. Not only because I have a grudge against Farah Khan :P, but also because such type of films should flop. Enough of these buffoneries already. Nowadays there is hardly a witty comedy film. 

I really like Akshay's comic timing and all, and when he first started experimenting with comedies, he was awesome. But now he takes up any pathetic script and expects it to work because its him doing those faltu antics with Kat darling. How many flops will make him realize that its time to stop with such films? So, I really want TMK to suck at BO collection, but sadly, it seems that this will become another hit like those chindi SIK and Housefull type of films.

And as a SRK fangirl, I totally want this to be a slap on Farah's face. I really don't expect her or want her to cast SRK in every film she makes. Its better that she casts someone else. But taking digs at SRK through a film is just too much. Not that SRK doesn't do petty stuffs out of animosity, but Farah went to far.

As for 7 Khoon Maaf....I would like to use the word interesting, but I am more Ermm after watching the trailerLOL. I don't have negative comments about the trailer. Its just that the trailer was a bit Wacko.....and I need some time to let the thing sink in....lol. But its good to see Priyanka doing something different from her 'rockstar & oh...I'm so hot' roles. Something very very different.

Hey Anu, Fivr,
Kavya, LadyM, Mash, Sarah, Zainu di.....*hugs*

Edited by Melissa - 24 December 2010 at 11:17am

nimrahpsawyer

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 11:47am | IP Logged
Hi Mels *hugs back*

I'm yet to watch the saat khoon maaf trailer....haven't had the chance to watch it so can't comment yet.....just saw the poster in the bolly forum yesterday and that looked pretty weird....like some kind of japanese anime cartoon.....anyways Priyanka really annoys me in general nowSleepy

Melissanimrah

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 11:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Melissa

@Vasu, Nimrah.....I really want TMK to flop. Not only because I have a grudge against Farah Khan :P, but also because such type of films should flop. Enough of these buffoneries already. Nowadays there is hardly a witty comedy film.  Absolutely. I cannot believe there is going to be a Housefull 2....I could barely sit through the first one Ouch in fact I recall giving it up pretty much around the time Akshay started getting slapped by a monkey Dead

I really like Akshay's comic timing and all, and when he first started experimenting with comedies, he was awesome. But now he takes up any pathetic script and expects it to work because its him doing those faltu antics with Kat darling. How many flops will make him realize that its time to stop with such films? So, I really want TMK to suck at BO collection, but sadly, it seems that this will become another hit like those chindi SIK and Housefull type of films. TOTALLY agree with every word. I liked Akshay in Singh Is Kinng (ugh at the spelling though!), and I like Kat and AK's jodi. In fact, the only reason I feel bad for TMK flopping is for these two, as I liked them from Namastey London days. But you're right - they cannot expect a film to become a hit solely on the fact that they are in it, or on the basis of "the item song of the year" Ermm...which probably will happen because rabid fan-giri is not solely confined to IF and television....otherwise the likes of Sajid Khan would be out of a job. 

And as a SRK fangirl, I totally want this to be a slap on Farah's face. I really don't expect her or want her to cast SRK in every film she makes. Its better that she casts someone else. But taking digs at SRK through a film is just too much. Not that SRK doesn't do petty stuffs out of animosity, but Farah went to far. You know, I have no problems in people taking digs at SRK; he does it plenty in films and awards shows (but then he also makes fun of himself, which others find hard to do). But Farah was a friend, and to make fun of his health issues in the apparently blatant way she does in the film is simply wrong. Dig at him for his films, his roles, whatever. But don't make personal attacks....and on the basis of what? A fight you had? Seriously? That smacks of blatant cruelty and does not sit well with me, especially when that kind of betrayal comes from a so-called friend. 

As for 7 Khoon Maaf....I would like to use the word interesting, but I am more Ermm after watching the trailerLOL. I don't have negative comments about the trailer. Its just that the trailer was a bit Wacko.....and I need some time to let the thing sink in....lol. But its good to see Priyanka doing something different from her 'rockstar & oh...I'm so hot' roles. Something very very different. I was like that too when I saw it LOL can't decide whether I like or hate the trailer and whether it makes me want to watch the film. But yes, thank God that PC is finally doing something different....let's hope that Vishal Bhardwaj brings out something in her that actually shows she can act, and not just stand on tables, sing and dance Ouch

Hey Anu, Fivr,
Kavya, LadyM, Mash, Sarah, Zainu di.....*hugs*

@Mash - lol, feel free to send me the vids in PM. If I watch and like them, it might entice me to the show....but no promisesWink

Melissanimrah

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 11:54am | IP Logged
@Mels - and you know this whole Farah-SRK controversy that has surrounded TMK could have been avoided if both had refused to talk about it. Can't say about SRK but I have read/seen many things in which Farah does talk about it (albeit because she's been asked about it), and to me, any initial BO collections that come from the movie would be solely as a result of all the media controversy surrounding it. People want to see a) Sheila ki Jawani and b) exactly what Farah has said about SRK in the film.

Ironically, if TMK does do well, however limited the success, I would say a large part of that would be due to SRK anyway LOL. Just the very mention of him would encourage people to go watch the film. If not in flesh, then in spirit he is still in the movie...

Melissanimrah

Melissa IF-Rockerz
Melissa
Melissa

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
@Anu....I am also annoyed by Priyanka in general. I have really started being negative about her after watching KWK. She was really being blahhh in that. acting all coy and what not.

@Vasu....I'm pissed at SRK too for not handling his situation with Farah well. He is also behaving quite childishly. But, even then, I think Farah went too far with all the stuffs she has been doing. SRK still had the decency to tone down his immature antics.....but Farah is just pathetic.

I read in the reviews that TMK has the this ghost of SRK hovering around itLOL. Farah is still trying to make money through SRK's name. And AK....doesn't he get tired of doing these silly comedies? Initially it was the Khiladi dozes....and now this. How dare he take up a script like this even after he witnessed what happened to CCTC and KI? I guess Housefull encouraged him to continue doing buffoneries.

I like AK too. He is good in comedies...but the script has to make sense. Katrina....I like her too. Yeah, she can't act and blah blah....but I find her cute. As it is....hardly many actresses of this generation can actually act. Anyway...I like Katrina...and her chemistry with AK. I really enjoyed Namastey London.....but its high time they start giving priorities to the content of the film and not just the chemistry.

nimrahpsawyer

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Melissa

@Vasu....I'm pissed at SRK too for not handling his situation with Farah well. He is also behaving quite childishly. But, even then, I think Farah went too far with all the stuffs she has been doing. SRK still had the decency to tone down his immature antics.....but Farah is just pathetic. Yeah, I'm sure he's done things to, if not fuel the fire, then to keep it going anyway. But since I haven't seen it personally, I can't comment. Farah's antics I have seen, simply because she is everywhere at the moment with TMK promotion, and wherever she is, she cannot resist digging at SRK. 

I read in the reviews that TMK has the this ghost of SRK hovering around itLOL. Farah is still trying to make money through SRK's name. And AK....doesn't he get tired of doing these silly comedies? Initially it was the Khiladi dozes....and now this. How dare he take up a script like this even after he witnessed what happened to CCTC and KI? I guess Housefull encouraged him to continue doing buffoneries. @bold - exactly. All said and done, she's still using SRK to promote her film. Too bad it doesn't seem to have worked. As for AK, I said exactly the same thing a few pages back - he seems to have these ruts he gets into; as soon as a particular formula or style works for him...he churns out the same in spade-fuls. First it was the action-hero-martial-arts-expert cop called Vijay/Ajay in every film...and the Khiladi series of course (I suppose I can forgive that as it was, as loosely as possible, a series), and now the comic genius. And actually, it works for him IF the script is solid. I mean, comic timing is only going to work if there's any actual comedy to be gleaned from in a script. When the script is bekaar and the dialogues poor, then comic timing gayi bhaad mein.  

KI was a MAHOOSIVE disaster Dead there may have been some redeeming qualities in CCTC but NONE whatsoever in KI. In fact, after watching it I was so angry I was of the opinion that both AK and KK should have drowned themselves in chullu-bhar paani...disgusting film. That and Tashan have been, to me, the WORST films of the decade, if not all-time. I still CANNOT believe that Housefull was liked by the masses....Heyy Baby, while nonsensical and slapstick, at least had some entertainment value. Housefull was a random set of unfunny skits designed to show how chauvinistic, low-brow and downright disgusting a man Sajid Khan really is. And that deserves a sequel?! I despair...

I like AK too. He is good in comedies...but the script has to make sense. Katrina....I like her too. Yeah, she can't act and blah blah....but I find her cute. As it is....hardly many actresses of this generation can actually act. Anyway...I like Katrina...and her chemistry with AK. I really enjoyed Namastey London.....but its high time they start giving priorities to the content of the film and not just the chemistry. Of all the actresses who can't act...Katrina is my favourite LOL I don't know...there is just something about her that endears her to me. I think it came after Namastey London, which to me feels like her best film yet. Probably because the character she was playing was supposed to be this spoiled, shallow NRI girl who couldn't speak Hindi well - it seemed like the part was written for her. And she played it well, neither underplaying nor overplaying her talents. Since then I have liked her in whatever film she is in, though of course I do not expect her to win an Oscar any time soon. But she and AK do have good chemistry (more than he had with PC)...and like I said, I would choose her any day over the likes of Deepika and PC. 

Having said that, I am sooooooooo looking forward to Rani's comeback with Jessica. I really hope for her that the film is good and well-received. If the rave reviews after the trailers are anything to go by, Rani's performance should be lauded. 

Edited by psawyer - 24 December 2010 at 12:31pm

Melissanimrah

Melissa IF-Rockerz
Melissa
Melissa

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
Recently, in a TMK promotion event, just as Farah Khan, Akshay and Katrina were about to launch something important related to the movie, apparently, SRK came out of a building nearby and walked past the crowd. Thus, stealing the limelight. Now, I seriously don't think that SRK would plan and sabotage TMK's promotion like that. I find him a very witty person to be so on-the-face petty. But media are portraying the story that way. Anyway, if it was SRK's way of contributing a little to the animosity between him and Farah....I think it was really chindi a thing to do. But that being said, I still don't believe the story *shrugs*. But off course, Farah has been too blatant about all these, so there is no way of having an otherwise option for the stuffs she said or did. I just HATE her now. Really hate her. And like you said....how can a person be so insensitive to take digs at her ex-bestfriend's health issue? Disgusting!

Lol....the vijay/ajay cop role that AK used to play in every single movie of his at that time. I didn't watch KI properly. Actually, I watched the first 20 mins and then gave up. I learned my lesson from CCTC only. I was on the verge of killing myself after watching that film. Never has a film made me feel like giving up on my life. It made me miserable. I actually felt ill. I didn't watch housefull as well....the promos were repulsive enough. Tashan toh...I watch some bits only. Have no idea about the story or anything. All I know is that the movie is another epitome of nonsense. Heyy Baby was bad....but not totally awful. Like you said, it had some entertaining moments. Action Replay was okay as a time pass. Not a hilarious movie....but neither annoying. The film had loads of loopholes though.....but still, among all the films that AK has done during 2009-2010, I guess Action Replay was the best script :P

I have started being objective about Deepika. Initially I disliked her a lot....but after watching Lafangey Parindey, I must admit, that the girl learns something from each film that she does. She improved in terms of acting. And even in BKB....her acting was good (strictly speaking in terms of the 'good' acting we get these days). But, I am no fan of hers. Katrina.....I like her personally. Although she isn't what you call an actress, but like you, I find her endearing. Not enough to take any buffonery that she does, but enough to like here despite her film choicesLOL. Yeah...the role in Namaste London was written for her. She was good in that film. And AK was good in his ganwar type role too....lol.

I dunno, after Hadippa....I seem to have lost interest in Rani's films. I won't say that I am looking forward to No One Killed Jessica.....but for Rani's sake, I really hope she has chosen a good movie this time and I want it to work in the BO. I liked Rani. She is a good actress, and I would like her to stay in Bollywood for some more time. If I do get a chance to watch this film, I hope it helps me to like Rani all over again. Its not like I dislike her or anything....you know...I just have stopped caring....hahaha.

I still haven't watched BBB. I really wanna watch the film. The reviews are good....so after a long time I am actually very excited to watch a film.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrah

Go to top