Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#65!!!! (Page 128)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
LOL I've been watching old DN scenes since the past few weeks anyways....slowly getting through the jungle track....watching each epi....then I have random discussions with Fatty about them over PM....lol....fun stuff.....

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
Ohhh...Anu...the sigs are sooo cute!! And I just found Fatima's update as well...dharm sankat!
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
LOL thanks, Mash....oho ab dharam sankat ho gaya? Suchhhhh tough choices, man....what will you choose? MR or DN....MR or DN....MR or DN?LOL

And so quickly you're over the lions awards waali avis/sigs? Ahh I still can't stop staring at him looking so handsome in that black suitDay Dreaming Don't feel like changing those from my sig dabba anytime soon....I've saved Fatty's sigs for future use *grins*
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
Vasu, waise I forgot to ask you pehle.....what is "The Good Wife" about?
psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Vasu, waise I forgot to ask you pehle.....what is "The Good Wife" about?

Nice sigs, AnuClap

The Good Wife is a political/legal series. Basically, Julianna Margulies' character Alicia, is married to a States Attorney Peter Florrick (Chris Noth). As the series begins, the background tells us that Peter had a fall from grace thanks to a number of shady dealings - corruption, affairs with prostitutes, etc. 

He makes a very public statement and "apology"; and the title "The Good Wife" comes from the fact that Alicia decides to publicly support her husband rather than denounce him. This isn't because she forgives him or has an ulterior motive; simply that she wants to protect her kids and....well, her character is complex, to say the least. Maybe she stays with him because she fears change or because she thinks its the right thing to do etc. She doesn't forgive him in private though, and he is eventually sent to jail for a while for his mis-dealings. 

Then, in order to provide for her family, Alicia goes back to work - she used to be a powerful lawyer, but now she finds herself in a group of young, ruthless, ambitious lawyers who will do anything to get on top. The first season mainly deals with her "war" with another junior associate Carey, who is young, sneaky and has less compunctions about "doing the right thing" - he is far more willing than Alicia to bend rules or the law to get what he wants. They have to fight for the permanent position, which at the end of the season Alicia wins. 

It's too simplistic an explanation - since the show is partly legal drama, as in case by case every week, but it is also about the politics - her husband eventually is freed and comes home to try and run for States Attorney again. It's also about how politics and the law often meet, and are murkier and more cutthroat then they might seem. Then of course there is the obligatory romance angle - in that Alicia's boss is her former boyfriend. But it doesn't veer into the nonsensical teenage romance category; if anything, since she is still married to her husband, the very hint that something might happen with her boss (it hasn't but it has come close) is in itself a very shady aspect of the story. Is it morally okay for her to cheat if her husband cheated on her? Will she still be "the good wife"? 

Then there's also the excellent Archie Punjabi, who is the law firm's private investigator. This character is shrouded in so much mystery it is unbelievable LOL and Archie plays her character Kalinda's very limited range of emotions so well, its incredible. The closest comparison I can make is with Lisbeth Salander of the Dragon Tattoo series, though only very superficially in the body language of the character, the secrecy, the solitude etc. Their experiences are nowhere near the same. 

And there is one recurring character - Eli Gold - Peter's campaign manager. He is simply the wittiest, most sarcastic, most misanthropic person ever!LOL

Wiki can give a better description than I: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Wife_(TV_series)

You really should check it out if you can - I simply love it. It's not like CSI, or Bones or Law & Order or anything like that. Yes, its a legal drama; but most often its not about the case - its not about whether they win or lose the case...it's what they have to do in order to win it. And how that affects their lives outside as well.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MelissaLadyMcbethAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
Thanks, Vas :-)

Oh this does sound like an interesting plot and cast of characters......I'll try to check it out online somewhere!

---------------------

@Mels: Found the 'love you zindagi' ka promo on YT....this show looks MAHA BAKWAAS sorry to say.....THIS girl is going to be Geet? Btw why are they still keeping her name Geet when there is already one other PHAMOUS Geet on TV that we are all jheloing? WackoLOL.....and this girl...god she has like NO charm....and what a DUMBBBBBBB promo...."Main apna raajkumar khud safed ghode pe dhoondungi"?ROFL....WHY is Imitaz Ali associated with this? Does he have no say in CASTING?? This is a total DISASTER in the making.  Man this show sounded so much better when they were considering Payal and that Himanshoo guy.....now it looks like utter crap.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MelissanimrahLadyMcbethpsawyer

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 12:06am | IP Logged
Anu...have you seen that 'Glass aur dil' VM by Fatima? I bet you have...why am I always the last one to know EVERYTHING?! Khair, isn't it amazingggg....I loved the way she has drawn parallels to the old scenes...excellent storyteller that girl is..I'm a fan!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrah

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 3:12am | IP Logged
Oh em gee!! THIS is the JWM remake??? I've seen this promo on TV *puke face*....I thought it was some Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat/Feminist Swayamvar reality show dealie....dear god, THIS is going to be a dhabba in the name of JWM Cry "I'll find my own rajukumar - look at me! I'm so progressive and feminist and a go-getter!"Dead...as far as I recall from JWM, Geet wasn't all that interested in "finding her rajkumar" (not only because she thought she already had him). She was bindaas about life, not some overactive irritating overly feminist type. Man. I am going to hate this show. 

LOL, Anu - I wonder if those Geet fans will appreciate this Geet or demand that her name be changed to something else since "Geet can only and only be Drashti" Broken Heart

And about The Good Wife - yes, do check it out if you can, but I'd advise starting from the beginning, simply because the power plays between the characters might not be that obvious if you started somewhere midway. We're only on season 2, so you won't have too much to catch up on if you like it. 

edit: Imtiaz Ali is associated with this??? In what capacity? I remember him once saying he would do a sequel to JWM, and I thought even that was a bad idea; some things cannot be recaptured and shouldn't be meddled with. I won't be surprised at all if this turns out to be the typical SO show. 

Edited by psawyer - 18 January 2011 at 3:15am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MelissaAreYaar

Go to top