Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#65!!!! (Page 126)

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Yes, we've descended into something else here, Vasu....clearly I'm not capable of having these "semi intellectual" debates with you....I apologize. I will refrain from saying anything in the future.

Well see, now you go and say that. When did I say you were "not capable"?? Maybe I'm the one who didn't explain myself as well as I could have. And I certainly didn't say that you should refrain from saying anything. Let's just say we'll try not to infer negativity where there isn't any, and leave it at that. If I have something negative to say about someone you can be sure I'll say it; I'm not one to back down. So why not wait for me to say it rather than assume that's what I'm saying?? LOL I certainly don't want to have to stop coming here....but if what I say hurts your feelings, especially when I don't mean to, I might have to. Anyway, I apologise too, for what its worth. Smile Truce?

Edited by psawyer - 17 January 2011 at 12:20pm

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
No Vasu, I genuinely feel I'm not capable of these kind of debates....and I'm having a crappy day anyways so my mental faculties are at a lower level then usual too probably why I'm hardly making any sense anyways.

Let's just leave it I guess like you said.....either ways, I think I'll try to be more diplomatic in the future.
psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
^That's not true - I've seen you debate very eloquently. But since you're having a crappy day and I've inadvertently added to it, I'm sorry. Hope you feel better soon, whatever it is. 

Honestly, to me it sometimes feels like I bite my tongue too much - not just on IF but generally, in life - because I worry about hurting people's feelings. I say about 20% of what I want to say. The rest I swallow. And then when I finally do say something, I often end up hurting their feelings anyway. But I've learnt that being too diplomatic is also not right - if I keep trying to avoid everyone's feelings, I end up hurting my own. So I guess too much diplomacy is not good either! LOL

Edited by psawyer - 17 January 2011 at 12:27pm
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Not really.....I think I'm too emotional to really debate properly....you need more objectivity for it.....it's one of the main reasons I fight with my sister too....she's an anthropology major and is constantly jhaadoing Brennan-like gyaan about cultures/religion/ppl etc....and she is often quick to point out how I lose my objectivity by getting too emotionally worked up and then she says I make no sense or logic.....and in hindsight I can see that to an extent.

So I guess what I'd like to learn is more objectivity than diplomacy in a sense.....I'm quite a hopeless case when it comes to diplomacy no matter how much I do try and think toward getting better at it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescence

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Vas...I don't want to get in b/w you two but you really don't have to stop coming here just because you two have a heated debate over something. I believe in freedom of speech...just because Anu n you disagree on a certain topic...or were just unable to get your point through should not be the cause of you leaving this CC IMO. I'm sure Anu feels the same way too.

Anu...Awww...you having a crappy day again *hugs* Yaar, don't try to be diplomatic...it won't suit you...lol

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
@Mash: *hugs back* Waste of life today was....just pissed off at all my time that got wasted....blahh whatever.

lol yeah I know I'm hopeless even if I TRY to be diplomatic *sigh*

Ok I'm gonna go make MR stuff....atleast staring at his shakal will cheer me up....lol

incandescence

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
@Mash - its not the heated debate part. I have no problems in that LOL. I live by them, in fact - just ask my sister! LOL

But I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings - I couldn't possibly keep coming here if I knew that whatever I said was hurting someone, unintentional or not. So that's it.  But thanks anyway Hug

and you didn't answer my previous q - fangirlism has levels??? LOL
psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Not really.....I think I'm too emotional to really debate properly....you need more objectivity for it.....it's one of the main reasons I fight with my sister too....she's an anthropology major and is constantly jhaadoing Brennan-like gyaan about cultures/religion/ppl etc....and she is often quick to point out how I lose my objectivity by getting too emotionally worked up and then she says I make no sense or logic.....and in hindsight I can see that to an extent.

So I guess what I'd like to learn is more objectivity than diplomacy in a sense.....I'm quite a hopeless case when it comes to diplomacy no matter how much I do try and think toward getting better at it.

LOL, my sister's like you. I am far more objective and she is more emotional, toh you can imagine the kinds of fights we have. I envy her sometimes; she thinks with her heart, whereas I constantly play devil's advocate, even in my own head, and always think about both sides of the coin and end up giving myself a brainache. Sometimes I wish I could, just occasionally, shut my brain off and think with my heart instead. Maybe the decisions I would make then would be better for me. Or at least they would be freer, in any case. 

AreYaar

Go to top