Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#65!!!! (Page 123)

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

only certain tucche blind type of fangirls only are the ones left watching it thenLOL

Haaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Shocked Shocked Are you calling Mash a tucche blind type of fangirl??!!! *shakes head*

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 7:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

only certain tucche blind type of fangirls only are the ones left watching it thenLOL

Haaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Shocked Shocked Are you calling Mash a tucche blind type of fangirl??!!! *shakes head*

LOL what? Where did you get Mash into this from?ConfusedLOL Mash toh anyways quits watching the show from time to time.....she'd never be in the running for this category.....there's manyyyyyyyyy other types in the forum otherwiseLOL

So how's your Mukti Bandhan going, Vas? Saw the forum the other day and your topic in it.....quite a dead forum as of now....as is the case with most Colors shows.....I remember when I used to watch Balika Vadhu and float around in that forum for a bit....that was the #1 show back then but had a totally dead forum.....LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescence

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 8:11am | IP Logged

Originally posted by psawyer

LOL what? Where did you get Mash into this from?ConfusedLOL Mash toh anyways quits watching the show from time to time.....she'd never be in the running for this category.....there's manyyyyyyyyy other types in the forum otherwiseLOL

So how's your Mukti Bandhan going, Vas? Saw the forum the other day and your topic in it.....quite a dead forum as of now....as is the case with most Colors shows.....I remember when I used to watch Balika Vadhu and float around in that forum for a bit....that was the #1 show back then but had a totally dead forum.....LOL

LOL, Mukti Bandhan's fine - don't know that its mine...what happened to your intentions to watch it? It's picking up slowly, though after one week there's not much significant to say, except  that a number of situations that could have turned out cliched in the manner of saas-bahu serials have been so far handled with maturity, so that's good. Other than that, wait and watch, I guess. 

Do you watch Phulwa at all? I didn't even bother after that first episode, and then I read somewhere that Rakhi Sawant wants to be the grownup Phulwa?! Shocked So I've already mentally said goodbye to the show LOL
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 8:16am | IP Logged
LOL motivations and time, Vas.....didn't really feel like watching it much after reading yours and Nimrah's views on the opening epi *shrugs*.....we all have our motivations naa....same way you don't have any motivation to watch LTL, I can't seem to summon much up for Mukti Bandhan as of now....lol.....maybe I would if I had nothing else to watch....but there's LTL for now.....and Bones returns this week too :-)

Don't feel like bothering with Phulwa either cuz I'm finding myself oddly tired of village based shows too.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescence

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 8:34am | IP Logged
Fair enough. Tbh, the only reason I get to watch it is because my dad watches it in the evening and I sit with my folks. Otherwise I don't think I would bother to download or YT - there's so much else I already dl and watch : my US & UK TV stuff which is all coming back from hiatus, lol. Bones, HIMYM, OTH, The Good Wife and *yay!* Being Human starts again next week! *happy dance* Plus the countless other crap I end up watching out of boredom or curiosity. Toh iss sab mein you can imagine how much time is left. 

Yeah, I too am tired of village-based, rural shows. Seems like everybody is speaking in the same way, saying the same things. When these people hit a so-called winning formula, they really milk it to death. First saas-bahus, then "youth" shows and now rural stuff. Bored now. 
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 8:40am | IP Logged
Yeah it's easier to watch stuff when it's on TV and the rest of the family is watching it......which is how I end up watching a lot of random Zee and Sony shows cuz we only get those two channels.....with other channels, I have to make the effort to YT.....so there one needs motivation.

I'm looking forward to Bones being back cuz the spoilers have me excited again....don't really watch any other English shows....they also all seem blahh only to me by and large.....lol

The village formula has gone into overkill mode.....ughhh....I really wish they'd take a break from it....but sadly Colors especially loves its village shows a LOT.....cuz its top shows are mainly village ones.....everything feels like it looks the same only on TV nowadays *tired sigh*
psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 8:48am | IP Logged
LOL, I find the opposite is true - I find more "sameyness" and "blahness" (God, my English teacher would KILL me! In fact, I would kill me!! LOL) in desi shows than in western shows. At least they can claim to be "comedies" or "dramedies" or "thrillers" or whatever. There's some difference there. In desi I find that most follow the same formula with the same results; of course there must be exceptions...but even then the lines can be blurry. They want to be all things to every body and end up being a weird mix of nothing. 

Plus, I'll take Julianna Margulies over ANY current desi actor every single day. 

Edited by psawyer - 17 January 2011 at 8:49am
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:30am | IP Logged
LOL they both exhibit "blahhness" and "sameyness" in their own ways (pardon my broken English as well :P).....again, it comes down to interests.....I find the constant bedroom musical chairs in most English shows puts me off....over the course of seasons, the same ppl end up sleeping with everyone in the cast of a show....what fun....and in other "dramatic/forensic" type genres, wohi typical murder solving stuff going on.....in your case you are a Juliana Margulies fan so you'll watch whatever she's in (Pardon my ignorance as I do not know)......I don't have any interest, so I won't.

In recent times, I thought Glee was a different kind of show but that also has ended up becoming SO retarded that I find myself thinking one shouldn't put much stock in English shows either....they too become quite retarded in their own ways soon enough....desi shows run on different values and restrictions but they are also retarded in their own way.....language is no barrier.....when there is a paucity of creative thought, it just shows....when the "depths" in characters are restricted to 2-3 typical ways, it shows....... I'm not much impressed with most shows these days.....feels like I really have seen it all and it's all repetitive and stupid by this point. Ppl only watch shows if they connect with some characters or some actors....I might find some better in comparison than others but nothing lasts.....Bones has lasted this long in my eyes and that's quite a miracle to me....any other show I've tried watching has become pathetic quite quickly.

Go to top