Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#65!!!! (Page 104)

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LadyMcbeth

red - THAT is one thing that irks me out. I detest the formula where they show a super model dressed like a geek, under-dressed or plain Jane and then one fine day she gets a make-over and ta-da! She looks de bomb! In India, parlors and saloons have minted money under the guise of making-over plain Janes *rolls eyes* IMHO, every girl has a basic dressing sense. i.e. every girl knows what looks good on her etc ... if she gets a little help, and she watches around her, she can look presentable. There is no need to look like you are oozing sensuality like Malaika Arora Khan everyday. You just need to look presentable. And you can do that without going to expensive parlors. A balanced diet and regular exercise can make even a normal person fit. And what's more important is to be confident and feel beautiful from inside - even if you wear a salwar kameez (like I did back in college and I was never called behenji), it shouldn't make you look downmarket if you choose what suits you and wear it with elan and poise.

blue - WORD Vasu Clap

@Blue - absolutely! I completely and totally agree with you here, LadyM! Clap Not every girl can be a supermodel; otherwise we wouldn't have supermodels. But every girl has beauty...her own, unique beauty. And all a girl really needs is to take care of herself - as you say, eat right, exercise, moisturise and take care of her skin regularly, smile and most importantly, FEEL good about herself. She can be a size 12 or a size 20 but if she is happy and confident in her own skin, that's all that matters. I have seen and admired many women who might not be fit the well-known standard of beauty. They may not be gorgeous. But they can be sexy, and they can be pretty. 

You can have all the plastic surgery in the world - and so many women these days end up looking exactly the same as the next person because they're following this standardised ideal of beauty - but you can't change your skin, can you? You can't peel your skin off your bones and start again. All you can do is look after it, and really look at yourself. See what suits you, clothes and otherwise, and what doesn't. So many people (some actresses are notorious for this) wear clothes that absolutely do not fit their body frames at all, simply in the name of fashion. Not only do they often look ridiculous, they look uncomfortable. And that shows on their faces. I for one am fairly tall, and I know that when I wear short tops, I look weird because my top half doesn't balance against my longer legs. So I've learnt to wear longer tops, and on me they look more elegant and suit me more than the shorter tops ever did. People need to figure out what suits them and stick to that. Fashion is one thing, and it comes and goes. But style is not fashion....what's fashionable and what's stylish are often two different things. 

And this "Ugly duckling into swan" syndrome that much of the world has - Holly, TV. desi, whatever....it reinforces this negative ideal that girls have to be pretty to be loved. And of course, underneath the glasses or the braces (the typical ugly-fying tools Ermm), she is gorgeous anyway. Many women wear glasses and look sexier with them. Braces, sure, aren't the sexiest thing in the world....but they only last so long and are there for a medical purpose rather than an aesthetic one. No one ever wore fake braces to look "smart" OuchLOL But the point is, I get tired of this constant "girls are thin, tall, have flawless skin and glossy long hair and wake up looking gorgeous" indoctrination on TV. Women are of all shapes and sizes, but as soon as an actress puts on a little weight, it gets commented on in national newspapers. Because nobody wants to see a "fat" heroine Ouch. And don't even get me started on India's obsession with light skin Dead

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-LadyMcbeth

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Did anyone watch JDJ this week?

I really liked Sushant's performance....he did very well for a form he doesn't know otherwise and Shampa's choreography was suuuuuuuuperb....I think they deserved like a 28 or 29 for that act atleast.

Daya is really sweet but it seems like he's getting tired of dancing in his acts....the synchronization was quite off in many bits and he keeps forgetting steps. Otherwise liked his interactions with Govinda and the judges.

Mahi's act was a total disaster in my eyes....couldn't make head or tail of it :S....and she's back to looking sooooooo out of it....lol

I liked the bit in b/w when Govinda came on stage to dance 'akhiyon se goli maare' with Yana and they showed this tiny clip of Sushita dancing in their seats to that song which was HILARIOUS.....I made an avi on it too.............lol

Chang's act was awesome...the guy is improving by leaps and bounds and he did a fab job in that act!

Ragini's wasn't good IMO....again she's losing energy halfway through her act and it looks SO bad onstage....like she just isn't into it....her expressions are awesome but her body keeps giving up.....not a good sight to watch.

Ankita's act was ok....SHE danced quite well but that loser choreographer of hers.....PATHETIC choreography...it didn't have ANY break dance in it....and upar se he has the gall to blame Ankita in front of everyone.....but Ankita still kept the smile on her face intact throughout it all which I think was very nice....I thought she did really well in the jive as well and I was quite shocked that they only gave her a FOUR....ridiculous....that loser choreographer of hers will le doobo her....she's a talented dancer otherwise.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-nimrahLadyMcbeth

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
John fans...*ahem* Mash? :P Drool away :P

John Abraham's new film poster - FORCE

Wed, 2011-01-12 09:40 — ZENNY
Share this on
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
John Abraham's new film poster - FORCE

-Fivr-nimrah

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
I'm a John fan but...um. Why is he wearing a beanie but no shirt? Sar pe thand lag rahi hai lekin chest pe nahin?! ROFL and that gun....talk about phallic symbolism Ermm

Wonder what this film is about....not that it's important....I mean, come on...who needs a synopsis when there's a bare-chested John??Wink

Maa Exchange is on TV right now....CRINGE!

Edited by psawyer - 12 January 2011 at 2:28pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

and that gun....talk about phallic symbolism Ermm I think he's trying to overcompensate *coughs*TongueROFL....I remember after his Dostana yellow chaddi wala beach shot also someone was saying this....that they had to use photoshop to *ahem* "enhance" some thingsLOL

Wonder what this film is about....Dunno but the one liners on the poster remind me of a trashy romance novelLOLLOL

Maa Exchange is on TV right now....CRINGE! *cringes along* Is it the Pooja Bedi episode?
psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by psawyer

and that gun....talk about phallic symbolism Ermm I think he's trying to overcompensate *coughs*TongueROFL....I remember after his Dostana yellow chaddi wala beach shot also someone was saying this....that they had to use photoshop to *ahem* "enhance" some thingsLOL Lol, you think? Bips seems happy with him...and plus, the Dostana thing seemed photoshopped from above that general area LOL His chest was unusually large in that sequence....sort of like a triangle with the point at the bottom LOL

Wonder what this film is about....Dunno but the one liners on the poster remind me of a trashy romance novelLOLLOL LOL, I looooooooooooove trashy romance novels LOLLOL guilty pleasure....but yeah, this sort of reminds me of 90s Sunny Deol movies (one of which was Jeet, with Karishma and Salman, which coincidentally I was watching today LOL)

Maa Exchange is on TV right now....CRINGE! *cringes along* Is it the Pooja Bedi episode? Yup, and I couldn't bare to watch more than the opening five minutes; totally scripted and totally yuck. 
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
LOL Vasu, I'm not going to get more descriptive than that.....Bips might be happy for other reasons :P....but I remember someone pointing this bit about his yellow chaddis in the bolly forum and laughing my head off.....his chest area toh already is abnormally large....they shouldn't try to draw attention to other areas which aren't quite so *ahem* large in size......they could have done without the gun.....lol

Naaahn the 90s movies sound better than this....this sounds like a third rate Harlequin romance novel for sure....the women will lap it up...."oooh hawt John"....men might watch it for the action....haha

-Fivr-LadyMcbeth

-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
OMG... Just got back from a meeting where the past 8 months' worth of my experimental data was presented.. And it is so fulfilling to SEE the data make sense! *relieved muh*

Now we decide what to do next and then go crazy for the next 8 months.. ROFL

That poster of John's movie just makes me uncomfortable. Like I can't look at it for more than two seconds before I look away. Stern Smile Men and their need to "bare all" just freaks me out.. Maybe I am from a village!! ROFL

nimrahAreYaar

Go to top