Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#65!!!! (Page 103)

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
LOLLL....Fivr...Tum mujhe follow karti toh bore ho jati...I didn't tweet ANYTHING ever. I'm toh a bit socially awkward in real life.....social networking kya khaak karoongi. FB toh I still visit daily because of some friends and family but I'm mostly a like button user there. Even there I don't update my status nor use these other random stuff it has. I'm toh downright disgusted at some of the status messages....FB toh sometimes seem like a show-off site to me too ...'My hubby gift me a gold bracelet today'...And here's a direct quote: 'I bought a dress of 6000...can't wait to wear...will upload pics...watch out friends' *rolls eyes*

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-nimrah

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
LadyM - thanks for the vid. DEFINITELY a frame-to-frame copy of Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya...and I didn't even need Salman's Just Chill dancing to figure it out LOL though that girl looks a little less annoying than Katrina was in that film; and any film that doesn't have Sohail Khan acting like a buffoon is a good one! Of course, though, Jen's character is a mousy girl because she wears glasses, but underneath it all she has to be supermodel-pretty Ermm I mean, they did that with Sush in the Indian version as well (as if someone like Sush would ever be a lowly nurse instead of...oh, I don't know....Miss Universe). But I liked JA's parts...."Gosh, I forgot, you're fifteen", when that girl talks about tweeting. And coming on the backs of our social networking discussion just now ROFL see, that's the kind of girl I'm talking about; who's sitting at dinner with her boyf and his fake wife and actually takes her phone out so she can post something on the freaking internet!!

Waise, there was another case of Holly being inspired by Bolly recently. Apparently, the director of Amy Adam's Leap Year has stated that he was inspired by Jab We Met. Though of course, JWM should win an Oscar compared to the crap that was Leap Year. Even Amy Adams couldn't save it.

Bolly ho ya Holly, being "inspired" - i.e. frame to frame copying - never seems to work out as they plan....

LOL guys - I love you all. Let's stick together and promise not to tweet each other WinkLOL

@Anu - seriously? those were direct quotes?! Morons *shakes head*....

Edited by psawyer - 11 January 2011 at 1:18pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-LadyMcbethAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
They tried to remake JWM in a hollywood movie? lol....I saw a promo of The Leap Year I think but I don't remember it much :S
psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

They tried to remake JWM in a hollywood movie? lol....I saw a promo of The Leap Year I think but I don't remember it much :S

Yeah, apparently. It was basically the typical Holly chick flick: Amy Adams is in a long term relationship with a good-looking, rich man and is waiting for him to propose to her.  Ermm So when she thinks he is giving her a ring, she is disappointed to see earrings instead; before he goes away on a trip to Ireland. So, her dad tells her that there is an Irish tradition (she's part Irish, I think) that during a leap year, a woman proposes to the man rather than the other way around. Of course, this is the leap year, so she decides to travel to Ireland to meet her boyf and propose to him. 

On the way there, some turbulence in the air or some storm or something causes her plane to land....for some STRANGE reason in....Wales Ouch. And if that wasn't bad enough (why would a plane coming from America land in Wales when Ireland is clearly before it?!)....she ends up in a derelict Welsh pub, where the landlord (Matthew Goode) is a surly, miserly sort of fellow who reluctantly agrees to take her to Ireland. In a CAR. From Wales to Ireland. Dear God, these people need a geography lesson! 

Anyway, on the way there to catch a train, they miss it. And are forced to spend the night in a bed and breakfast...and for some reason to pretend they are husband and wife Confused (it worked in JWM since the culture was different and they were in front of Geet's parents...but here it was just silly). In the process of all this, they fall in love. 

I don't know how on earth these two expect to get to Ireland by car, train and bus (have they forgotten the small strip of something we call the Irish Sea?! ) Anyway, somehow they do manage to get to Dublin and part ways. She meets up with her guy and he proposes to her. Back in America, she realises she doesn't love him and he most definitely doesn't love her. Then she goes back to Wales and proposes to Matthew Goode, and they live happily ever after, secure in their useless geographical knowledge.

Yeah. I have no idea what I was expecting from this film...but it surpassed even my highest levels of tolerance for rom-com cliches. And I have some tolerance for BS LOL

Anand Tucker is the director, who sometimes says it wasn't inspired by Jab We Met since he hadn't even heard of it....and other times says that it was loosely based on JWM. Not that he needs to make his mind up at this point - it's still utterly crap. 

Edited by psawyer - 12 January 2011 at 4:13am

LadyMcbethAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:03am | IP Logged
^^^Ermmm that plot sounds pretty stupid to meLOL.....glad I didn't watch this movie....lol

------------------------------------------------

@Mash and any other MR fangirls here: MR won an award at last!Party

-Fivr-nimrah

LadyMcbeth IF-Sizzlerz
LadyMcbeth
LadyMcbeth

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by LadyMcbeth

Remember the Salman, Katrina and Sushmita movie called, "Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya"? It had songs like Just Chill, Laga Laga, Laga Re ... and so on. This movie trailer seems like a frame to frame copy of Salman's movie. LOL ...

Ohhhh that movie?? LOL wow watching the whole thing in a NON over the top colorful manner without Salman Khan's epileptic dancing style I couldn't even tell that the plot is similarROFLROFL.....Adam Sandler looks like an Oscar-worthy subtle actor in comparison to Salman's OTT antics in that movieLOL.....And Jennifer is playing Sushmita's character? lol....Katrina ki english version doesn't seem as insane as her character in the movie....goodLOL....but wait....where's Sohail ka dumb character? Are the kids supposed to be Sohail's replacement?ROFL

I don't know who Sohail's replacement is - but the kids were there in the Hindi version of the movie. One boy and one girl - exactly same as they've shown in the promo. Actually its quite unbelievable that they are stealing from a Hindi movie LOL And yes, it'll be nice to finally see the movie with OTT antics :-)
LadyMcbeth IF-Sizzlerz
LadyMcbeth
LadyMcbeth

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

LadyM - thanks for the vid. DEFINITELY a frame-to-frame copy of Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya...and I didn't even need Salman's Just Chill dancing to figure it out LOL though that girl looks a little less annoying than Katrina was in that film; and any film that doesn't have Sohail Khan acting like a buffoon is a good one! Of course, though, Jen's character is a mousy girl because she wears glasses, but underneath it all she has to be supermodel-pretty Ermm I mean, they did that with Sush in the Indian version as well (as if someone like Sush would ever be a lowly nurse instead of...oh, I don't know....Miss Universe). But I liked JA's parts...."Gosh, I forgot, you're fifteen", when that girl talks about tweeting. And coming on the backs of our social networking discussion just now ROFL see, that's the kind of girl I'm talking about; who's sitting at dinner with her boyf and his fake wife and actually takes her phone out so she can post something on the freaking internet!!

Waise, there was another case of Holly being inspired by Bolly recently. Apparently, the director of Amy Adam's Leap Year has stated that he was inspired by Jab We Met. Though of course, JWM should win an Oscar compared to the crap that was Leap Year. Even Amy Adams couldn't save it.

Bolly ho ya Holly, being "inspired" - i.e. frame to frame copying - never seems to work out as they plan....

red - THAT is one thing that irks me out. I detest the formula where they show a super model dressed like a geek, under-dressed or plain Jane and then one fine day she gets a make-over and ta-da! She looks de bomb! In India, parlors and saloons have minted money under the guise of making-over plain Janes *rolls eyes* IMHO, every girl has a basic dressing sense. i.e. every girl knows what looks good on her etc ... if she gets a little help, and she watches around her, she can look presentable. There is no need to look like you are oozing sensuality like Malaika Arora Khan everyday. You just need to look presentable. And you can do that without going to expensive parlors. A balanced diet and regular exercise can make even a normal person fit. And what's more important is to be confident and feel beautiful from inside - even if you wear a salwar kameez (like I did back in college and I was never called behenji), it shouldn't make you look downmarket if you choose what suits you and wear it with elan and poise.

blue - WORD Vasu Clap
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 9:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LadyMcbeth

I don't know who Sohail's replacement is - but the kids were there in the Hindi version of the movie. One boy and one girl - exactly same as they've shown in the promo. Actually its quite unbelievable that they are stealing from a Hindi movie LOL And yes, it'll be nice to finally see the movie with OTT antics :-)

LOL oh achha....I don't really remember this movie clearly....watched it once vaguely long time ago and didn't leave much of an impression in my mindLOLLOL

Go to top