Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Oh em gee!! THIS is the JWM remake??? I've seen this promo on TV *puke face*....I thought it was some Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat/Feminist Swayamvar reality show dealie....dear god, THIS is going to be a dhabba in the name of JWM ðŸ˜­ "I'll find my own rajukumar - look at me! I'm so progressive and feminist and a go-getter!"🤢...as far as I recall from JWM, Geet wasn't all that interested in "finding her rajkumar" (not only because she thought she already had him). She was bindaas about life, not some overactive irritating overly feminist type. Man. I am going to hate this show. 

LOL, Anu - I wonder if those Geet fans will appreciate this Geet or demand that her name be changed to something else since "Geet can only and only be Drashti" ðŸ’”

And about The Good Wife - yes, do check it out if you can, but I'd advise starting from the beginning, simply because the power plays between the characters might not be that obvious if you started somewhere midway. We're only on season 2, so you won't have too much to catch up on if you like it. 

edit: Imtiaz Ali is associated with this??? In what capacity? I remember him once saying he would do a sequel to JWM, and I thought even that was a bad idea; some things cannot be recaptured and shouldn't be meddled with. I won't be surprised at all if this turns out to be the typical SO show. 
Edited by psawyer - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: incandescence

Anu...have you seen that 'Glass aur dil' VM by Fatima? I bet you have...why am I always the last one to know EVERYTHING?! Khair, isn't it amazingggg....I loved the way she has drawn parallels to the old scenes...excellent storyteller that girl is..I'm a fan!

LOL yeah I've seen it....left a lambaaaaaaa chauda comment on YT about it too.....Fatty's a genius at this stuff yaar, no doubt about it all all :-) You're the last one to know EVERYTHING cuz you live in your own dream world.....I post all this stuff in the CC but everyone ignores it....your loss😛
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: psawyer

Oh em gee!! THIS is the JWM remake??? I've seen this promo on TV *puke face*....I thought it was some Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat/Feminist Swayamvar reality show dealie....dear god, THIS is going to be a dhabba in the name of JWM ðŸ˜­ "I'll find my own rajukumar - look at me! I'm so progressive and feminist and a go-getter!"🤢...as far as I recall from JWM, Geet wasn't all that interested in "finding her rajkumar" (not only because she thought she already had him). She was bindaas about life, not some overactive irritating overly feminist type. Man. I am going to hate this show. 

LOL, Anu - I wonder if those Geet fans will appreciate this Geet or demand that her name be changed to something else since "Geet can only and only be Drashti" ðŸ’”

And about The Good Wife - yes, do check it out if you can, but I'd advise starting from the beginning, simply because the power plays between the characters might not be that obvious if you started somewhere midway. We're only on season 2, so you won't have too much to catch up on if you like it. 

edit: Imtiaz Ali is associated with this??? In what capacity? I remember him once saying he would do a sequel to JWM, and I thought even that was a bad idea; some things cannot be recaptured and shouldn't be meddled with. I won't be surprised at all if this turns out to be the typical SO show. 

LMAO you thought this was a swayamwar type reality show?🤣  Nahin yaar sadly THIS is the JWM remake....ughhhh....still can't believe what a HORRIBLE job they've done....Geet is the SOUL of JWM in so many ways.....could they atleast have not messed with HER character? This characterization looks so bakwaas and upar se the girl PLAYING Geet....oh lord I have no words🤢🤢🤢......LMAO@ the Drashti fans being all like there's only one Geet......😆.....Good for them.....I only liked Drashti as Muskaan in DMG.....Geet is annoying and shown to be quite a bimbo.

Yeah Imtiaz Ali has been associated with this TV version it seems....that's what he says at the end of the promo too.....that he's happy to have been associated with this project😕.....Oh this show toh will be a horrible concoction of the worst of SO combined with some saas-bahu SP twist....what fun😕😆

Re: The Good Wife....oh yeah I intend to watch it from the beginning only....I like to get a sense of characters from their starting point :-)
Melissa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@Vasu....lol...your TV show trends shounds so much like mine. Lemme see what English shows I have dared to watch till now.....hmmmm...., in random order, Friends, OC, Greys Anatomy, Psych, NCIS, Criminal Minds, HIMYM, 2 and a half men, Judging Amy, Sue Thomas FBI, Gossip Girls, 90210, Fashion House, Ghost Whisperer, White Collar, Mentalist, The Vampire Diaries, Glee, Warehouse 13 and off course Bones. I left out a few shows like 30 rocks, Castle, Buffy the Vampire Slayer of which I probably watched merely 4 or 5 episodes.

Anyway, Friends, Judging Amy, Sue Thomas FBI are the few shows which ended leaving good memories behind (Friends, being my all time favorite sitcom). OC, I watched till the end because I had its DVDs. I also watched Fashion House (which was a really pathetic and chindi show) till the very end because it had only one season🤣. I completely gave up on Greys Anatomy, Gossip Girls and 90210...........the shows are just too whatever for me to watch. NCIS, I stopped watching because they killed a character whom I really liked. Warehouse 13 (for laughter reasons) and Ghost Whisperer are just timepass sorts, so is Vampire Diaries.  Mentalist, White Collar and Psych are good shows, and I plan to watch them regularly (whenever they air the new season, that is). And off course, I love watching HIMYM, Criminal Minds, and Bones.

@Anu, I didn't say I want SMG in Bones. I just said I wouldn't mind her presence. As I mentioned, I hardly watched BtVS, so I am no SMG fan. She is as good to me as Katherine Winnick. So, I couldn't care less. Off course for Vasu, DB-SMG pairing means something.....but as I never watched Angel-Buffy together, so I don't have any opinion about them whatsoever. SMG is just another actress for me.

Ohhhhh.....you found the promo of LUZ. Seee....chindi hai na? Wait till you get around watching the other two promos. One where she is praying to her own photo and another where she tickles a guy who harasses her😕. Dude, I don't think anyone can accept this girl. Her splitsvilla antics makes her a rather hateful person. I detest the girl. However, I guess she may grow popular among people who are fans of Star One shows or Pratigya, etc. I am still hoping that the show isn't cringeworthy, and the girl's acting improves.........I can't bear the idea of JWM being butchered *sigh*. And since it is being promoted as the adaptation of JWM, I cannot think of it in any other way
AreYaar thumbnail
@Mels: Your list is so huge it's like you've watched EVERY English show that's ever aired....wow....lol

Re: LUZ....ughhh even the initials together sound SO chindi....anyways...yeah I don't think I want to even bother watching the other two promos....this show is maha bakwaas...itne dino baad some promo on indian tv caught your interest and it had to be THIS one? lol chalo maybe you can watch it for laughs.....I personally find something very cunning-looking about this girl which is putting me off....so I don't want to watch this.
psawyer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Melissa

@Vasu....lol...your TV show trends shounds so much like mine. Lemme see what English shows I have dared to watch till now.....hmmmm...., in random order, Friends, OC, Greys Anatomy, Psych, NCIS, Criminal Minds, HIMYM, 2 and a half men, Judging Amy, Sue Thomas FBI, Gossip Girls, 90210, Fashion House, Ghost Whisperer, White Collar, Mentalist, The Vampire Diaries, Glee, Warehouse 13 and off course Bones. I left out a few shows like 30 rocks, Castle, Buffy the Vampire Slayer of which I probably watched merely 4 or 5 episodes. LOL, I forgot to mention 30 Rock! I watch 30 Rock regularly too....another show I love. Tiny Fey is magic. 

Anyway, Friends, Judging Amy, Sue Thomas FBI are the few shows which ended leaving good memories behind (Friends, being my all time favorite sitcom). OC, I watched till the end because I had its DVDs. I also watched Fashion House (which was a really pathetic and chindi show) till the very end because it had only one season🤣.  I watched the OC - I liked season 1 but then it got stupid (but I still carried on watching - mainly for Seth). Loved Friends - don't know who doesn't....its been on permanent repeat here in the UK since its end, so I am *now* starting to get slightly bored coz I've seen every episode about 100 times. But then since it comes on at 4 in the afternoons anyway, I'm never home to watch it, unless its a weekend. So I can still bear to watch it. Never heard of Fashion House - what was it about, dare I ask?

I completely gave up on Greys Anatomy, Gossip Girls and 90210...........the shows are just too whatever for me to watch. NCIS, I stopped watching because they killed a character whom I really liked. Warehouse 13 (for laughter reasons) and Ghost Whisperer are just timepass sorts, so is Vampire Diaries.  Mentalist, White Collar and Psych are good shows, and I plan to watch them regularly (whenever they air the new season, that is). And off course, I love watching HIMYM, Criminal Minds, and Bones. Me too! I watched Privileged for that one season and developed a total girl crush on Joanna Garcia, LMAO. Wish it was still on air. 

@Anu, I didn't say I want SMG in Bones. I just said I wouldn't mind her presence. As I mentioned, I hardly watched BtVS, so I am no SMG fan. She is as good to me as Katherine Winnick. So, I couldn't care less. Off course for Vasu, DB-SMG pairing means something.....but as I never watched Angel-Buffy together, so I don't have any opinion about them whatsoever. SMG is just another actress for me. Yeah, the DB-SMG pairing is *squee* for me...but I have to say a lot of that is due to their characters as well. SMG as DB's love interest in Bones might have worked in season 1 or 2, when the Brennan-Booth love was not so apparent. But to see her as his gf now would be weird just because of BB. But, having said that, would love to see her guest star like so many other Buffyverse actors. HH has previously said that he and the other members of the team are BtVS fans, so I was always pleased to see them on the show. Even TJ Thyne was on Angel for a guest appearance. 

Melissa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Anu, believe me, I can't even watch this show for laughs. I absolutely loathe the female lead. You deduced her cunning self from her face, I have actually watched her doing cunning, cheap and sadakchap stuffs. And the language she is capable of..........she used to shame the guys into a puddle with the gaalis she used for them *shudders*. I was pissed off when the first TB article came saying Pavitra being finalized for JWM serial version. But actually seeing her in promo.....I can't help but feel so helpless and disgusted. Yeah, this one caught my attention coz I recognized the damnation of JWM that will be done through this show. Uggghhhh.....I feel like killing Imtiaz Ali. He so lost his mind with all the popularity he got from JWM and then LAK.
incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Anu...Did you watch yest LTL epi?...I caught a repeat...You HAVE to watch the Dutta waking-up scene...some acting by MR...The way he panicked knowing he has lost his vision...confusion, anger, helplessness...you could see all what he was feeling through his expressions...superb acting! Even the Kala-Nakku scene was good...Aashka was specially brilliant in it...Nakku was a bit irritating...but oh well...I have developed a certain tolerance level for her...

And where the hell is Fivr?  She need to watch that scene....just for Kala of course..
psawyer thumbnail

Originally posted by: nureat01

LMAO you thought this was a swayamwar type reality show?🤣  Nahin yaar sadly THIS is the JWM remake....ughhhh....still can't believe what a HORRIBLE job they've done....Geet is the SOUL of JWM in so many ways.....could they atleast have not messed with HER character? This characterization looks so bakwaas and upar se the girl PLAYING Geet....oh lord I have no words🤢🤢🤢......LMAO@ the Drashti fans being all like there's only one Geet......😆.....Good for them.....I only liked Drashti as Muskaan in DMG.....Geet is annoying and shown to be quite a bimbo.

Yeah Imtiaz Ali has been associated with this TV version it seems....that's what he says at the end of the promo too.....that he's happy to have been associated with this project😕.....Oh this show toh will be a horrible concoction of the worst of SO combined with some saas-bahu SP twist....what fun😕😆

Re: The Good Wife....oh yeah I intend to watch it from the beginning only....I like to get a sense of characters from their starting point :-)

EXACTLY! What on earth possessed Imtiaz to agree to this? Though I guess its better to be associated with the remake of your movie than NOT to be associated and let them run riot. I just hope he has some say in what works and what doesn't. I don't particularly like the Harry Potter films vis-a-vis the books (on their own merit, perhaps but not when compared) but at least JK has some manner of control over them and has been associated with them from the beginning. Again with Bones - even though the show is significantly different from the Kathy Reichs novels, I'm glad that she's at least involved in the process in some ways. That's why I'm mega-pissed about the Buffy remake. Without the actors I *could* have tolerated it (not really, but still) but without Joss Whedon? Not on. 

On that topic - has anyone read the Kathy Reichs novels? I tried to once, but the characters are soooooooooooo different that it was difficult for me to reconcile that Tempe with our Brennan, and since I watched the show first....d on't think I could enjoy the novels as much. 
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: incandescence

Anu...Did you watch yest LTL epi?...I caught a repeat...You HAVE to watch the Dutta waking-up scene...some acting by MR...The way he panicked knowing he has lost his vision...confusion, anger, helplessness...you could see all what he was feeling through his expressions...superb acting! Even the Kala-Nakku scene was good...Aashka was specially brilliant in it...Nakku was a bit irritating...but oh well...I have developed a certain tolerance level for her...

And where the hell is Fivr?  She need to watch that scene....just for Kala of course..

Yep I did....my views are on page 16 of the ED thread😆.....as usual you ask me baad mein when I've already watched😛

Fivr is gaayab these days again, hmmm....I guess her labwork is probably keeping her superbusy as usual.